Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm so tired because Railjack bugs. Every single mission.

Dthamilaye

I have to vent a bit.

I have now done railjack for few evenings to get sevagoth and epitaph parts and also just to get intrinsics. 

On average, EVERY SINGLE MISSION has some bugs. Out of 20 or so missions, maybe 2-3 have been "clean" and every single other mission has had some problem:

- People not autoteleporting to the gate when 3 others are there. Teleport just does not work

- Host leaving and instead of host migration, the RJ ship just leaves as well, like everyone had abandoned.

- Host leaving, host migration happened, and then the RJ ship left the mission.

- My personal plexus mods not showing up when I'm piloting or gunning. It just showed the first one, not the rest.

- Not being able to defuse the bomb because I can't find any indicator what button to press. Was once successful when spamming all keys near it.

- Choosing relic before void storm mission. Not being able to choose a reward (relic probably was not used). I mean all others could choose reward but not me.

- Another person starting new void storm mission from ship navigation after previous one and I'm not able to choose a relic after accepting.

- Not able to accept missions that are chosen by someone else.

- After choosing and accepting (forcing) a mission, nothing happens. The 5 second ticker just runs down and we are still stuck in that same mission.

- The 10 Relic thingys not dropping at all in a void storm mission. Had to do the mission with 0/10 status and we tried to run around the base and the crewships and killed stuff in RJ as well.

These were the ones I recalled straight up, I assume there were others as well. At least DE has fixed the horrible screen mess that void storm effects had (screen shake and the epilepsy strobos), but really, while normal missions have some bug sometimes and we joke about bugframe, the railjack missions ARE ONLY BUGS. Every. Single. One. 

It's getting so old. 

Try solo. You will be surprised how smooth the missions are. Most host I met in public runs a 2000 era computer with a DSL connection. I have a good setup dangit, let me host in pub so everyone gets a good experience instead of the game choosing some guy running on a toaster as the host that will make the experience a bugfest.

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Try solo. You will be surprised how smooth the missions are. Most host I met in public runs a 2000 era computer with a DSL connection. I have a good setup dangit, let me host in pub so everyone gets a good experience instead of the game choosing some guy running on a toaster as the host.

True, I have way less problems when I go solo. In fact, it is so stupid at the moment that It is really faster to do the missions solo, because that way I do not have the relic/mission accept/stuck in mission etc -problems. 

I'd also suggest making a team in advance with people who you know don't have a Dial-up tier connection.

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

They still need to tone down the effects more, it's just too much. 

There's an option in the settings called "effects intensity" iirc, if you turn that down it becomes far more bearable imo.

9 minutes ago, Dthamilaye said:

Another person starting new void storm mission from ship navigation after previous one and I'm not able to choose a relic after accepting.

What I found with this is that you have to accept the mission, then cancel your vote, and then accept again to pick a relic.

9 minutes ago, Dthamilaye said:

The 10 Relic thingys not dropping at all in a void storm mission. Had to do the mission with 0/10 status and we tried to run around the base and the crewships and killed stuff in RJ as well.

Something I found is that if you get your ship/crew ships linked to the storms they have more fissures spawn in them. This allows reactant drops. After a couple of missions not getting many/any reactant we tried this and it worked well. Yes, it could be just RNG.

RJ is a lot more fun as host, try and run solo or actually host. It seems to be the best solution until DE fixes stuff.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Try solo. You will be surprised how smooth the missions are. Most host I met in public runs a 2000 era computer with a DSL connection. I have a good setup dangit, let me host in pub so everyone gets a good experience instead of the game choosing some guy running on a toaster as the host that will make the experience a bugfest.

The bugs just occur likely due to DE not testing the game in a multi-player scenario. My partner and I, living in the same house, neither have toasters or use wifi, and we still run into bugs [even out of railjack] when either of us are hosting. Some bugs also have nothing to do with the host's hardware or even connection; such as how during events like SS or the enemy Necramechs clients were able to ignore damage reduction and 1 shot everything regardless, while the host would do 1/10th the damage. Then there was the BR/WW/Glad bug that only worked as the client too.

Just now, Aldain said:

I'd also suggest making a team in advance with people who you know don't have a Dial-up tier connection.

There's an option in the settings called "effects intensity" iirc, if you turn that down it becomes far more bearable imo.

I'll give it a shot when I play later tonight, thanks. Worth giving it a go. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I'll give it a shot when I play later tonight, thanks. Worth giving it a go. 

I turned mine down to about 15-20ish so I still have some effects but I can actually see what I'm doing.

It could likely go lower, but it was nigh mandatory for my time playing on Switch since the effects obliterated the framerate even more than usual.

Yeah, it seems the host-client -connection really messes RJ up, badly. Has always messed. I don't understand how it can be so much more difficult to handle the RJ connections than normal missions, and RJ has been up for a long time now (the situation is much better than before, though. It was really horrible back then :) ). 

Soloing, I have pretty much none of the issues I said above. I was able to do some 6-7 continous missions at Flexa solo few days ago when gathering intrinsics.

22 minutes ago, Dthamilaye said:

I have to vent a bit.

I have now done railjack for few evenings to get sevagoth and epitaph parts and also just to get intrinsics. 

On average, EVERY SINGLE MISSION has some bugs. Out of 20 or so missions, maybe 2-3 have been "clean" and every single other mission has had some problem:

- People not autoteleporting to the gate when 3 others are there. Teleport just does not work

- Host leaving and instead of host migration, the RJ ship just leaves as well, like everyone had abandoned.

- Host leaving, host migration happened, and then the RJ ship left the mission.

- My personal plexus mods not showing up when I'm piloting or gunning. It just showed the first one, not the rest.

- Not being able to defuse the bomb because I can't find any indicator what button to press. Was once successful when spamming all keys near it.

- Choosing relic before void storm mission. Not being able to choose a reward (relic probably was not used). I mean all others could choose reward but not me.

- Another person starting new void storm mission from ship navigation after previous one and I'm not able to choose a relic after accepting.

- Not able to accept missions that are chosen by someone else.

- After choosing and accepting (forcing) a mission, nothing happens. The 5 second ticker just runs down and we are still stuck in that same mission.

- The 10 Relic thingys not dropping at all in a void storm mission. Had to do the mission with 0/10 status and we tried to run around the base and the crewships and killed stuff in RJ as well.

These were the ones I recalled straight up, I assume there were others as well. At least DE has fixed the horrible screen mess that void storm effects had (screen shake and the epilepsy strobos), but really, while normal missions have some bug sometimes and we joke about bugframe, the railjack missions ARE ONLY BUGS. Every. Single. One. 

It's getting so old. 

For better experience try solo. 

28 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Except it turns everything down not just Failjack.

12 hours ago, krc473 said:

Something I found is that if you get your ship/crew ships linked to the storms they have more fissures spawn in them. This allows reactant drops. After a couple of missions not getting many/any reactant we tried this and it worked well. Yes, it could be just RNG.

RJ is a lot more fun as host, try and run solo or actually host. It seems to be the best solution until DE fixes stuff.

I've found that, in Skirmishes, if there are no Fissures opening in the Crewships that are linked to storms, it means that there is a group of enemies in the main Objective that IS under the effect of Fissures.

Same with Corpus missions with limited numbers like Volatile. We had no enemies spawn in the main Objective, instead, we've flown to the SIDE-OBJECTIVE and found the fissured enemies there.

10 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I've found that, in Skirmishes, if there are no Fissures opening in the Crewships that are linked to storms, it means that there is a group of enemies in the main Objective that IS under the effect of Fissures.

Same with Corpus missions with limited numbers like Volatile. We had no enemies spawn in the main Objective, instead, we've flown to the SIDE-OBJECTIVE and found the fissured enemies there.

I think I must have had fairly good luck with it (or run too few missions). I only encountered this kind of thing a couple of times, then we found a solution/got really lucky. It would be quite nice if we could get it sorted though.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Not 100% correct. Fissures only spawns near the host. Try enter a tileset as client and you will see no fissure, but once the host enters fissures started spawning everywhere in that specific tileset. 

Just now, DrivaMain said:

Not 100% correct. Fissures only spawns near the host. Try enter a tileset as client and you will see no fissure, but once the host enters fissures started spawning everywhere in that specific tileset. 

What? But thats not what I've been seeing at all. I ran a lot of Skirmishes and Corpus missions and had people getting Reactant when I was still in my Railjack.

Unless this is also coupled with latency issues, if yes then a the host will be the deciding factor.

35 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

What? But thats not what I've been seeing at all. I ran a lot of Skirmishes and Corpus missions and had people getting Reactant when I was still in my Railjack.

Unless this is also coupled with latency issues, if yes then a the host will be the deciding factor.

Are you sure you were not the host when that happens?

5 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Are you sure you were not the host when that happens?

I think you mixed a few things there, it was my Railjack, so, yes, I was the host. I was in my ship during all Skirmishes. The Clients were able to get Reactant when going into the objectives same with Side-Objectives in Corpus' Proximas, which, aside from the main objective that needs everyone in there. So the issue might be latency if the fissures are not spawning Client-side.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

I think you mixed a few things there, it was my Railjack, so, yes, I was the host. I was in my ship during all Skirmishes. The Clients were able to get Reactant when going into the objectives same with Side-Objectives in Corpus' Proximas, which, aside from the main objective that needs everyone in there. So the issue might be latency if the fissures are not spawning Client-side.

That’s pretty odd. In my experience I as the host have to enter the tileset to trigger the fissures if not they don’t get any reactant.

Archived