Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ships... yeah.

ShadowShane5

On 2021-04-23 at 12:26 AM, Institute-Marksman said:

Hide contents

glorified meat puppets.

Clones are people too

On 2021-04-22 at 4:52 PM, ShadowShane said:

I just want to know if this community made any ships between warframes. If so, I'd love to see them; If not, oh well. I'm bored and I want to let my imagination run wild.

Ember and Frost was popular for a while

On 2021-04-23 at 4:08 AM, o0Despair0o said:

The obvious one would be Excal/Nyx.

Since Excalibur and Nyx were originally just gender-swapped designs for the same Warframe, that would sort of have a twins vibe.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm unsure if that's what you meant.

38 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Clones are people too

Warframes aren't clones tho?  Maybe I'm missing your point.

On 2021-04-22 at 9:47 PM, Corvid said:

Kind of hard to ship something that has no consciousness.

Warframes do have consciousness, check out the lore for Rhino. But I also assume that's not the "consciousness" that they'd be shipping, otherwise things might get messy.

On 2021-04-22 at 4:52 PM, ShadowShane said:

I just want to know if this community made any ships between warframes.

I don't know if there are any common ships, but you should check out the fan art that creators have, which often ships frames.  I remember a really beautiful one of Mesa and Trinity that I saw a few years back.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Warframes do have consciousness, check out the lore for Rhino.

Correction: The early Biometal Golems that the Orokin deployed as a predecessor to the current iteration of the Warframe project had consciousness. Since said early models invariably went insane and became unusable, future iterations of the project had said consciousness suppressed.

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Warframes aren't clones tho?  Maybe I'm missing your point.

Excal Umbra dies in the opening cutscene. We take his corpse, clone him, and that's how he's back to life

Same thing with Inaros. When the Infested tore him to shreds, he was actually still awake inside those burial urns. Through the course of the quest we make a new clone body for him

32 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Correction: The early Biometal Golems that the Orokin deployed as a predecessor to the current iteration of the Warframe project had consciousness. Since said early models invariably went insane and became unusable, future iterations of the project had said consciousness suppressed.

Mirage has a consciousness. Ballas explicit says so during the Mirage Prime trailer: she wasn't a meat puppet grown in a vat, she was (and is) a person just like Excal Umbra

(And this is before we get into the issue of "were the biometal golems and the Umbras the same people?" continuity land mine)

44 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Since Excalibur and Nyx were originally just gender-swapped designs for the same Warframe, that would sort of have a twins vibe.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm unsure if that's what you meant

What I meant by that is that since they were intended to basically be the same frame, their characteristics are basically identical, which would make them a perfect match.

Although, on second thought, I can see the Alabama-issue here.

47 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

but you should check out the fan art that creators have, which often ships frames

Can't edit my other reply with a quote, so here's a second one:

I used to create SFM wallpapers of Warframe, and sometimes I'd get requests for pictures. One guy wanted me to create a shipping picture of Titania and... don't remember.

I think I still have it on my old DeviantArt account. I'm gonna check.

Right, I found it. Titania and Ivara. That's the ship some guy requested back then.

dblpnsp-00fb7056-b896-4302-9d4e-ceb7084c

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Excal Umbra dies in the opening cutscene. We take his corpse, clone him, and that's how he's back to life

Same thing with Inaros. When the Infested tore him to shreds, he was actually still awake inside those burial urns. Through the course of the quest we make a new clone body for him

Does it explicitly state that it's cloning?  My interpretation was always that we put their bodies back together with Orokin duct tape.

46 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I'm gonna put this in a big old spoiler block:

Spoiler

From the quest The Sacrifice, Ballas talks about the connection between Warframes and Tenno:

"We had created monsters we couldn't control. We drugged them, tortured them, eviscerated them... We brutalized their minds... but it did not work. Until they came.  And it was not their force of will - not their Void devilry - not their alien darkness... it was something else. It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing--And take away its pain."

Note that he's not talking about Umbra, who had not been brought to peace yet.  He's talking generally about all Warframes.  And you can't have pain without having consciousness.

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

What do you define as "cloning"?

I guess by default, I think of making a whole new thing, a copy.  If we're talking about "regrowing" only some of the body, I guess my viewpoint would depend on which parts are being cloned and what feels most "core".  For example, if there was just a brain left, and then the body was somehow regrown from that, I wouldn't consider that a clone, because I view the brain as being the most fundamental part of a person, and it hasn't been replaced.  Getting into some real Ship of Theseus stuff here, haha.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, but hopefully it gets us communicating on the same wavelength?  I don't really mind if we end up with different ideas about what is and isn't cloning, as long as in the end I can understand the ideas you're trying to communicate.

44 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I guess by default, I think of making a whole new thing, a copy.  If we're talking about "regrowing" only some of the body, I guess my viewpoint would depend on which parts are being cloned and what feels most "core".  For example, if there was just a brain left, and then the body was somehow regrown from that, I wouldn't consider that a clone, because I view the brain as being the most fundamental part of a person, and it hasn't been replaced.  Getting into some real Ship of Theseus stuff here, haha.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, but hopefully it gets us communicating on the same wavelength?  I don't really mind if we end up with different ideas about what is and isn't cloning, as long as in the end I can understand the ideas you're trying to communicate.

No no, I get it

But to answer why I consider Excal Umbra to be a clone... Well, there really wasn't anything left, just his scarf and a couple armor shards. I think it's safe to say the only way to bring him back from that was to just wheel out a fresh clone

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

No no, I get it

But to answer why I consider Excal Umbra to be a clone... Well, there really wasn't anything left, just his scarf and a couple armor shards. I think it's safe to say the only way to bring him back from that was to just wheel out a fresh clone

Hmmm, that might be the case with Umbra, I had forgotten that you don't do the whole Neuroptics-Systems-Chassis dance with him.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Hmmm, that might be the case with Umbra, I had forgotten that you don't do the whole Neuroptics-Systems-Chassis dance with him.

There's also Sevigoth, who we gave a Space Viking Funeral, so he's in the same boat as Umbra. Inaros could go either way, he was ripped apart and stuck in burial urns. Oh, don't forget Mirage, she was vaporized by Sentients thousands of years ago, so she could only be back via cloning. Same with Limbo, he was reduced to a demonstration on string theory. Chroma escaped at the end of his quest, we just cloned him so we could have our own. Atlas was described as "petrified". 

I see theres quite some misunderstandings about Warframes being clones.

Cloning is when you take existing DNA and reconstruct the entity that it belongs to(either through natural or artificial ways).

Spoiler

Warframes are mostly infested biomass(spores/plastids) poured in a new form(a war-frame) where supposedly neurodes/neural sensors allow Tenno to remotely control the Warframe. The warframe itself is about as conscious as moss, grass or bamboo, which is why it T-poses when the Tenno disconnects.

Archived