Jump to content

Certified Supplier?


Llminx
 Share

Recommended Posts

EDIT: I want to specifically talk about the certification part. That is it.

Hi,

Is there a way for people to actually become certified suppliers of ignis wraith bps? Like, did some streamer or developer endorse them or something? Is there something I'm not aware of?

This is not made to flame anyone, but a general question as to if such a thing actually exists. And if it does not exist, where does the line get drawn in ....... advertising?

Please refer to the photo below.

anonno.JPG

Edit 2: updated picture so people will hopefully read the question better.

 

 

Edited by Llminx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, it's just people lying in trade chat to try to score 50p off of someone who doesn't know better.

 

Edit: it's not a lie (at least, the bit about it being a rare railjack reward; certified supplier -- anyone can call themselves that I guess)

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

No, it's just people lying in trade chat. 

umm, and that's generally accepted/allowed? So...there's no "false advertising" limits on the trade chat or something similar? Just trying to understand how the system works cuz if it was an ad irl that would b a bit of an issue XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's just someone that uses the limited space they got to advertise their single item a bit too much, kinda like people claiming their rivens are compareable to gods.

There's no one on the devteam that certifies specific players as suppliers of certain items everyone could also grind for.

 

They also might try to bait other players into angry replies, many players believe that the Ignis Wraith BP should be given away for free, some believe so much in this idea that they will get hostile if they see anyone attempting to sell it.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 16Bitman said:

They also might try to bait other players into angry replies, many players believe that the Ignis Wraith BP should be given away for free, some believe so much in this idea that they will get hostile if they see anyone attempting to sell it.

I'll pick this one

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 16Bitman said:

It's just someone that uses the limited space they got to advertise their single item a bit too much, kinda like people claiming their rivens are compareable to gods.

There's no one on the devteam that certifies specific players as suppliers of certain items everyone could also grind for.

 

They also might try to bait other players into angry replies, many players believe that the Ignis Wraith BP should be given away for free, some believe so much in this idea that they will get hostile if they see anyone attempting to sell it.

I'm just surprised at how loose they are letting it go. Claiming to be certified, imo, is taking it to another level. But like I said, I am curious about how far you are allowed to go and stretch the truth in regards to trade advertisements. Specifically.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Llminx said:

umm, and that's generally accepted/allowed? So...there's no "false advertising" limits on the trade chat or something similar? Just trying to understand how the system works cuz if it was an ad irl that would b a bit of an issue XD

No, I am sorry - it's not actually a lie. The BP is in the Railjack rewards table, so I take it back. It's not a lie, it's pulling a fast one. The BP is frequently handed out for free by lots of very nice people. It's also available from Baro from time to time IIRC. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

No, I am sorry - it's not actually a lie. The BP is in the Railjack rewards table, so I take it back. It's not a lie, it's pulling a fast one. The BP is frequently handed out for free by lots of very nice people. It's also available from Baro from time to time IIRC. 

Hmm, thank you for picking that out. I wanted to specifically ask about the certification part. I will change my initial post to try to reflect that better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Terminal said:

Free market people, free market, you can't blame the people selling it

I am sorry if I have worded it in a way that was confusing. I am only specifically curious about the certification part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Llminx said:

I am sorry if I have worded it in a way that was confusing. I am only specifically curious about the certification part. 

The person that is selling it is quite popular and is known for this, but there is no bad doing in here, if people buy it, that's not a bad deal or whatever, think it about this, you sell let's say, water bottles for 5$ each, and an company is giving free water bottles that have the same quality as yours, you aren't the scammer in this situation, just the company doing a 'good' deed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, it's self certification, as in, the user has proof that he actually trades the item displayed (often in the form of a topic or public recognition), players can confirm the trade because the buyers have publicly stated that they happen.

On the other end of the spectrum you have players that claim they give certain items, but that's usually done for the sake of recruit, clan advertisement and the users in question only gave for a limited time (like an hour), some don't even play the game anymore, might be banned or gave up on the entire thing, yet they often appear in lists of bp givers because the list is outaded by several months, again, these things are made to advertise clans since it's a simply "copy and paste", someone does this and then just hopes everyone does the hard work for them, including their own clanmates.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Terminal said:

The person that is selling it is quite popular and is known for this, but there is no bad doing in here, if people buy it, that's not a bad deal or whatever, think it about this, you sell let's say, water bottles for 5$ each, and an company is giving free water bottles that have the same quality as yours, you aren't the scammer in this situation, just the company doing a 'good' deed.

Please re-read the post, I am specifically interested in the certification part. There is no other reason for this post. ty.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

No, it's self certification, as in, the user has proof that he actually trades the item displayed (often in the form of a topic or public recognition), players can confirm the trade because the buyers have publicly stated that they happen.

On the other end of the spectrum you have players that claim they give certain items, but that's usually done for the sake of recruit, clan advertisement and the users in question only gave for a limited time (like an hour), some don't even play the game anymore, might be banned or gave up on the entire thing, yet they often appear in lists of bp givers because the list is outaded by several months, again, these things are made to advertise clans since it's a simply "copy and paste", someone does this and then just hopes everyone does the hard work for them, including their own clanmates.

So, in your opinion, the certification part does not seem misleading into thinking it was DE or officially certified by a third party?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Llminx said:

So, in your opinion, the certification part does not seem misleading into thinking it was DE or officially certified by a third party?

No, not misleading at all, perfectly fine, complies with all trading guidelines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe you bleeding heart traders should stop falling for obvious rage bait. 

I really doubt anyone doing enough research to go to take chat to look for an ignis wraith hasn't learned that they can easily get it for free from another player. 

I always see people complaining about others selling the BP, but I've never read about someone actually being tricked into wasting plat on one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KIREEK said:

No, not misleading at all, perfectly fine, complies with all trading guidelines.

tyvm for your opinion :) (tho tbh, i much more enjoyed your first big response XD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

Maybe you bleeding heart traders should stop falling for obvious rage bait. 

I really doubt anyone doing enough research to go to take chat to look for an ignis wraith hasn't learned that they can easily get it for free from another player. 

I always see people complaining about others selling the BP, but I've never read about someone actually being tricked into wasting plat on one. 

Please check initial post about what this thread is about. (ugh, i should have posted an even more blacked out img >.>)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Llminx said:

I'm just surprised at how loose they are letting it go. Claiming to be certified, imo, is taking it to another level. But like I said, I am curious about how far you are allowed to go and stretch the truth in regards to trade advertisements. Specifically.

I see your point, but it's really just confusing and doesn't make the item look any better.

 

Like right now, you're asking yourself and others what this "certification" even means, the item is identical no matter where you get it from, you don't even have to worry about the quality of the item or even legality like you would in real life.

 

You could try to report it to support, but I don't think it's worth it as there is no such thing as "certified sellers" anywhere else in the game, you can ask the seller yourself what this certification really means, if they're truthful that it doesn't really mean much it's not worth worrying about, if they claim that they somehow sell a higher quality version of the blueprint you can screenshot the PM and tell support about false advertising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 16Bitman said:

I see your point, but it's really just confusing and doesn't make the item look any better.

 

Like right now, you're asking yourself and others what this "certification" even means, the item is identical no matter where you get it from, you don't even have to worry about the quality of the item or even legality like you would in real life.

 

You could try to report it to support, but I don't think it's worth it as there is no such thing as "certified sellers" anywhere else in the game, you can ask the seller yourself what this certification really means, if they're truthful that it doesn't really mean much it's not worth worrying about, if they claim that they somehow sell a higher quality version of the blueprint you can screenshot the PM and tell support about false advertising.

I am worried about how misleading the certification part seems. "or even legality like you would in real life" is a very good part. This is why I wanted to check. I wanted to know how much leeway the mods and the devs would give and what the parameters of the community/trade market/chat is.

Seeing as how it is NOT like irl, the current consensus is that similarity to irl legality is very grey area including vastly misleading promos (imo), is allowed to certain people under certain circumstances. Unlike irl, there is no large amount of detailed laws, and if you can explain your way around it, anything is possible (this is what I mean when I say certain people btw). 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be nice if they would just add it to the Dojo labs, or else make it available via the Faction merchants.

 

I was fortunate enough to be gifted a BP from a friend, but it's annoying when people prey on new players.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Llminx said:

I am so very sorry for posting a pic that was not censored enough.

My read of the post I quoted was that they were saying "you can't blame people who sell the Ignis Wraith because it's a free market", and I was just refuting that.  I don't think it has anything to do with what you specifically posted, as much as the downstream conversation about the community's feelings on selling the Ignis Wraith.

Which is to say, you're fine, and I don't need an apology <3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HoustonDragon said:

It would be nice if they would just add it to the Dojo labs, or else make it available via the Faction merchants.

 

I was fortunate enough to be gifted a BP from a friend, but it's annoying when people prey on new players.

It's farmable thorugh Railjack and sporadically via Baro (and in some events, like stardays). Or what, do you think that the dojos that have it didn't made an effort in the event at the time?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...