Jump to content

First time playing Trinity...i have some thoughts!


(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Recommended Posts

i take this game's pace very slowly, and i'm definitely not a completionist, which helps me still enjoy this game after 5 years.

so i just NOW decided to play trinity prime...

Here's a few nitpicks and thoughts i have: 

1-(defense objectives) i know Trinity heals defense objectives by 500 health per second, and the damage reduction is capped at 50%....But, why can't Blessing just restore things to 100% with 75% damage reduction?...she's the OG Support warframe with literally ONE damage ability that requires a gimmick build to kill one target, just give her this privilege, again.

2-(Hold Link) Hold link to link to allies (and objectives) giving the 75% damage reduction from link to them, any damage they receive is redirected back at you. (basically better electromagnetic shielding)...since link got nerfed too much, might as well just change it's function completely.

3-(Blessing augment?) Blessing currently doesn't have an augment, despite Years have passed, can we get an augment that makes her more of a battle support? 

4-(Passive) with Varazin, she really does not need that passive anymore.

here's a few suggestions: 

1-Bleedout timer are halted within Trinity's affinity range

2-During bleedout, hold revive so Trinity can revive herself at the cost of 10 energy per second.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

But, why can't Blessing just restore things to 100% with 75% damage reduction?

you mean objectives from 1 to 16k+ hp? that's an insane amount of heal on levels where the game isn't a metafest yet (low to high levels (high level means enemies still can't oneshot and don't have meme amounts of EHP))

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

2-During bleedout, hold revive so Trinity can revive herself at the cost of 10 energy per second.

unless there isn't a leech eximus/ancient around, it's pretty easy to not to die with less than 30 energy

the change i'd really like to see on her is to double the duration of all buffs, with 200% duration currently the buffs last for about 20-27 seconds, it gets old really fast

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

2-(Hold Link) Hold link to link to allies (and objectives) giving the 75% damage reduction from link to them, any damage they receive is redirected back at you. (basically better electromagnetic shielding)...since link got nerfed too much, might as well just change it's function completely.

this is a really fun idea, it would force the squad to stay together, if such a content existed in the game

23 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

3-(Blessing augment?) Blessing currently doesn't have an augment, despite Years have passed, can we get an augment that makes her more of a battle support? 

 

battle support? you mean grant damage buffs instead of healing+def?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

-During bleedout, hold revive so Trinity can revive herself at the cost of 10 energy per second.

Trinity is a Warframe that cannot die as long as you don't forget to press buttons from time to time. She has endless energy, recovers full HP and shields and gives 75% dr to everyone in affinity range on a click of a button, and the latter ability can be spammed... With my Trinity, bless and link active + adapatation, I could facetank Steel Path sentients and an acolyte at the same time without taking practically any damage. Why do you need a passive to revive yourself, again?

Trinity is practically a god mode + infinite energy cheat for the entire team as long as the Trinity player presses his buttons and doesn't fall asleep, I have no idea why she should be even more powerful.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

this is a really fun idea, it would force the squad to stay together, if such a content existed in the game

thanks, i guess it can be useful in railjack if it affects it.

31 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

battle support? you mean grant damage buffs instead of healing+def?

no, someone who gets damage buffs while also supporting allies....

i used to be a battle healer in a lot of mmos, i could support my team with heals while doing some damage...i loved it.

i did add eclipse on Trinity so, i guess i achieved a parody of my request.

29 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Trinity is practically a god mode + infinite energy cheat for the entire team as long as the Trinity player presses his buttons and doesn't fall asleep, I have no idea why she should be even more powerful.

I spent a long time playing wisp recently, and just now switched to Trinity, so i feel a huge difference in both playstyles....

so i'm a bit jealous of Wisp that she has Dps buffs, mobility, and heals at the same time...While Trinity can't heal Defense objectives Properly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fully healing a defense objective? THAT'S A LOT OF HEALING! Seriously, how much hp does a lvl100 defense target has? It's quite op, just like Vazarin used to be, no point in having defensive frames (speaking of op, you should've seen trinity back in her golden days... 99% damage reduction...)

Link is fine the way it is imo, at least we don't need a linked target to get the damage reduction or something like that(you should try an abating link ~210% strength build and spam viral, its fun)

Blessing Aug? Yeah why not? Tons of possibilities to work with

Passive? Yeah her passive needs a change

Hope you'll keep playing as a trin main, it's good to not keep using the same meta nuke stuff

Ps: try the link build, it's selfish, but it's good for solo/short range weapons

Ps.2: you forgot her 1st skill, it's useless I know, needs to go imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi.

I used to play back in the days a lot of MMOs too and YES HEALER Was the most hardcore job to do relating to getting fast Burned out bc you had to watch and care to tons of stuff THIS game does not like AGRO PULL if you healed, it could make mobs arround other team players dmging them, which also generated Agro (aka hate pool),  pull them to you squishy thing, so there was always a kind of "do not heal to much" & "focus on 1 member healing" thing.

Besides that, Druids/Kahunas or BattleClerics, USED

• Healing Bubbles

a single target, HoT (Heal over Time) which costed more energy (Expensive related to mp use) BUT most effective during an active fight, bc you regained for a duration hp back, and still could fight instead locked in animations of healing over healing, which again FURTHER INCREASED your own Agro pool to mobs which you did not wanted ;)

THIS HoT bubble, should be her new 1. To focus fighting mean while for a higher cost.

All Buffs, where 30min or Toggles. Esp EACH pet had different buffs they gave THE OWNER. Which either increased his focused stats further or closed a gape like Deff/Evasion etc.

 

Trin is on one side (Deff) super strong, but on the (OFF) other side has nothing supporting her doing so. 

I would add this:

• New1:

Adds to a targeted ally inc. pets/sent, a HoT Bubble healing in ticks. Further will this Bubble provide:

• 50% CAST SPEDD INCREASE

• 25% DMG INCREASE

• 25% MOVEMENT INCREASE 

as a excample 😉

maxresdefault.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Rylor Threev said:

 (speaking of op, you should've seen trinity back in her golden days... 99% damage reduction...)

 

The golden days were when Blessing gave full invulnerability. To everyone. Everywhere. 

Trinity is fine as she is nowadays. She's unstoppable as long as you're paying attention to what's going on. 

The only real issues--and they're pretty minor--are the borderline useless Well of Life and her passive.

WoL is an old issue and it does have some (slight) utility. You won't use it much, but it can help teammates and it's a durable Link anchor on demand.

She's in good company with a passive that isn't particularly useful in a practical sense, but it does work and it doesn't hurt her in any way (which is more than Nyx can say). 

Some adjustments to those two abilities would be welcome, but she works fine as is and I'd rather avoid a bungled revamp such as Nyx received. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're about 4 years too late. Trinity has been used more times than a brothel employee and nerfed more times than any other frame by a mile. She started out as absolutely godlike, unkillable and capable of making the entire team unkillable as well with a 99% damage reduction(which was after they nerfed her from being full dmg reduction). She has slowly been nerfed to what we have now which is to say, only a demi-god of her previous form and yet still basically unkillable, she just can't make ALL of the team unkillable anymore. I highly doubt DE has any interest at all in once more increasing her insane healer abilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, P0Pz said:

Hi.

I used to play back in the days a lot of MMOs too and YES HEALER Was the most hardcore job to do relating to getting fast Burned out bc you had to watch and care to tons of stuff THIS game does not like AGRO PULL if you healed, it could make mobs arround other team players dmging them, which also generated Agro (aka hate pool),  pull them to you squishy thing, so there was always a kind of "do not heal to much" & "focus on 1 member healing" thing.

Besides that, Druids/Kahunas or BattleClerics, USED

• Healing Bubbles

a single target, HoT (Heal over Time) which costed more energy (Expensive related to mp use) BUT most effective during an active fight, bc you regained for a duration hp back, and still could fight instead locked in animations of healing over healing, which again FURTHER INCREASED your own Agro pool to mobs which you did not wanted ;)

THIS HoT bubble, should be her new 1. To focus fighting mean while for a higher cost.

All Buffs, where 30min or Toggles. Esp EACH pet had different buffs they gave THE OWNER. Which either increased his focused stats further or closed a gape like Deff/Evasion etc.

 

Trin is on one side (Deff) super strong, but on the (OFF) other side has nothing supporting her doing so. 

I would add this:

• New1:

Adds to a targeted ally inc. pets/sent, a HoT Bubble healing in ticks. Further will this Bubble provide:

• 50% CAST SPEDD INCREASE

• 25% DMG INCREASE

• 25% MOVEMENT INCREASE 

as a excample 😉

maxresdefault.jpg

Holy UI overload batman!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 7 Stunden schrieb ReddyDisco:

Holy UI overload batman!

Well no and yes. 1st, those are 50% indeed

• ABILITIES not only fking LEGO 4

from Char & Pet 

• Several tasked & windows are all opend for the screenshot to see imp. infos/stats. Not all opened during combat/Dungoen partys.

3rd, talking about change-able stats you could alter your Char which you see opend in the StatsList AND your pets (arround 400 pets!!) as well, which had 3 evolution stages etc.

WF looks cool and all, but buddy, Ingame deepth in a grinder (also nowAdays called) Horde. This was a "Hardcore grinder". 

You feel WF is grindy? LMAO 

○ over 1 year to get a rideable Dragon etc etc BUT other then here it real was the grind worth no S#&$ lol.

UI in WF is like... where? you realy have to search for it durring combat it looks cool and all but i need more time looking for 1 specific Ability icon then in the older MMOs for sure.

And well yes, also Skill cards, which STILL are represented here on this game as 'Aug mods' ;)

God i miss the old days... lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My thoughts on the criticisms:

On 2021-04-23 at 7:50 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

1-(defense objectives) i know Trinity heals defense objectives by 500 health per second, and the damage reduction is capped at 50%....But, why can't Blessing just restore things to 100% with 75% damage reduction?...she's the OG Support warframe with literally ONE damage ability that requires a gimmick build to kill one target, just give her this privilege, again.

This was actually just a pure buff recently given to her. Prior to it, she couldn't heal objectives at all if they weren't operatives. There was this short time in-between where Trinity could restore certain objectives to full, but that basically meant there was no way those objectives could ever die.

While I agree that Trinity's ability damage is lacking, and that she could use better means of hurting opponents, I don't think that necessarily justifies overcharging her supportive power: Trinity is for sure not a meta-dominant frame at the moment, but she's still pretty good at what she does, even if what she does isn't as highly in demand as it once was. Thus, if I were to buff her, I'd look for other means.

On 2021-04-23 at 7:50 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

2-(Hold Link) Hold link to link to allies (and objectives) giving the 75% damage reduction from link to them, any damage they receive is redirected back at you. (basically better electromagnetic shielding)...since link got nerfed too much, might as well just change it's function completely.

Adding this as a hold function sounds fine, though there may have to be some tweaking involved to make sure Trinity doesn't get obliterated by AoE or teammates who stand in the fire.

On 2021-04-23 at 7:50 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

3-(Blessing augment?) Blessing currently doesn't have an augment, despite Years have passed, can we get an augment that makes her more of a battle support?

I'd be entirely in support of an augment on Blessing as well, and if it gives Trinity the option to play more offensively, even better.

On 2021-04-23 at 7:50 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

4-(Passive) with Varazin, she really does not need that passive anymore.

I can kind of agree: Trinity's damage isn't amazing, which is fine in and of itself, but even though I don't use Vazarin with her, I still dislike the fact that there isn't as much synergy between the two as there could be. Personally, I'd be in favor of removing the accelerated revive component in favor of a much bigger extension to her revive range.

On 2021-04-23 at 7:50 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

here's a few suggestions: 

1-Bleedout timer are halted within Trinity's affinity range

This sounds interesting; it would certainly allow Trinity and nearby allies to support one another far more easily, which is completely in the spirit of the frame.

On 2021-04-23 at 7:50 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

2-During bleedout, hold revive so Trinity can revive herself at the cost of 10 energy per second.

The immediate issue I see with this is that 50 Energy is peanuts for most frames, let alone Trinity. However, the more fundamental problem here is that allowing a frame to revive themselves at an Energy cost basically means that players will always want to use it to revive themselves if they can, since dying and reviving resets Energy anyway. It's effectively a better Quick Thinking in that no matter what, so long as you don't get too much of your Energy drained (and as Trinity, that's nearly impossible), you'll never really die.

My 2 cents to add to the above:

  1. It irks me that Link relies on a fixed (and short) duration when it could easily be a toggle with a constant Energy drain instead. Trinity is one of the very few frames who can circumvent the limitations of drain-based toggles thanks to Energy Vampire, yet her kit makes no use of this. Making it a toggle would also make her feel much less tedious to play, as her only remaining duration-based steroid would be on her 4.
  2. Well of Life is a classic example old-school 1 ability design, in that it's basically just a weaker version of her 4, and so is usually what gets swapped out in her kit for something else (I've slotted in Roar instead). I think it's a prime candidate to be turned into something different, ideally an ability that would give Trinity something she'd want, and that isn't covered by her other abilities.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all, thank you, i'm glad that you liked one of my passive ideas for Trinity. and i myself definitely prefer the bleedout halting passive better.

and by the way, about the blessing augment, i do not wish to turn Trinity into Harrow, he's more known as the offensive battle support.

but a small amount of Dps for trin won't hurt.

1 hour ago, Teridax68 said:

(I've slotted in Roar instead). I think it's a prime candidate to be turned into something different, ideally an ability that would give Trinity something she'd want, and that isn't covered by her other abilities.

Roar is actually pretty good on her, good choice.

mod for 300% power strength to get 75% true damage with EV and 90% roar damage multiplier that further enhances EV's damage.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-04-24 at 3:47 PM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You're about 4 years too late. Trinity has been used more times than a brothel employee and nerfed more times than any other frame by a mile. She started out as absolutely godlike, unkillable and capable of making the entire team unkillable as well with a 99% damage reduction(which was after they nerfed her from being full dmg reduction). She has slowly been nerfed to what we have now which is to say, only a demi-god of her previous form and yet still basically unkillable, she just can't make ALL of the team unkillable anymore. I highly doubt DE has any interest at all in once more increasing her insane healer abilities.

with every nerf, i grow stronger!

-Trinity

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of these suggestions are just flagrantly overpowered. Max-healing Defense objectives trivializes and entire mission type, and a passive to stall bleedouts within 50m(!) is pretty silly. I'd be down for an augment to Blessing though, especially one that gives some offense potential. Something like "affected targets deal bonus damage while Blessing's DR is active, relative to how much HP they were missing up to a %".

For me though, the biggest things the devs could do to improve Trin aren't in MOAR backline support powers, they're in overall usability. Trinity already can frontline (and I do frequently), but the fact that all her abilities are "full body" casts really kills her pacing as a combatant. There's no reason for casting Link to stop her moving, and if her abilities (except maybe Blessing, I'd understand that) were given just upper-body or one-handed casting anims, she would be so much more fun to play. Basically, give her the same animation treatment Mag got two years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My issue with trinity is the same issue I have with the majority of support frames. What's the point?

Modern frame designs usually have some way to not die and some way to kill stuff. This isn't a game that heavily focuses on team composition in 99.99% of content. So a frame that provides something to the team that everyone already has and lacks in the other department seems kinda... Meh.

She has her place in very, VERY specific content. But she feels pointless a lot of the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gloom is how Well of Life should have worked. 

Which is why i switched them lol. It's pretty fun on Trinity. 

Sadly EV can't regen energy if you have Gloom active. 

I kinda want an Augment for  Blessing that makes it do a blast wave when doing it's heal with damage scaling based on how much HP and Shield is restored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...