Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The blind True Master

EdwardHowton

A month ago, I came to a realization: losing half my vision to cancer and radiation was too big an obstacle for me to hit Mastery Rank 30. I wasn't sick when I started playing Warframe, and it followed me through the years, giving me hope and support as I came close to death too many times to count, so hitting MR30 mattered to me.

I kept telling myself, "It's okay, as long as I can still play Warframe. I'll hit MR30. Then, I'll be satisfied." But a first person shooter, when you can only see everything to the left of center, is a handicap you can't turn off.

With the Sevagoth update, I decided to take a look around, wean myself off the game slowly as I moved on to try to figure out what to do with my life. I hadn't given up on the game completely, the same way a retiree might visit their workplace because they have nothing else.

Today? Today I am a True Master.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2465931502

Words can't express how much this means to me. I want to thank all of you. All of you for keeping this game, this part of me, alive. All of you who helped me reach this point, with your advice and builds. All of  you with your support. It's just a silly little accolade from a silly little test in a silly little game, but it means so much to me.

I am a LegallyBlindTenno, and I am a True Master.

That is awesome! Congratulations! 

As someone who watched a legally blind brother try his best to play video games using his peripheral vision and an eye glued to the screen, I have tremendous respect for anyone who can play video games with a visual disability. 

What a great story! 

1 hour ago, EdwardHowton said:

A month ago, I came to a realization: losing half my vision to cancer and radiation was too big an obstacle for me to hit Mastery Rank 30. I wasn't sick when I started playing Warframe, and it followed me through the years, giving me hope and support as I came close to death too many times to count, so hitting MR30 mattered to me.

I kept telling myself, "It's okay, as long as I can still play Warframe. I'll hit MR30. Then, I'll be satisfied." But a first person shooter, when you can only see everything to the left of center, is a handicap you can't turn off.

With the Sevagoth update, I decided to take a look around, wean myself off the game slowly as I moved on to try to figure out what to do with my life. I hadn't given up on the game completely, the same way a retiree might visit their workplace because they have nothing else.

Words can't express how much this means to me. I want to thank all of you. All of you for keeping this game, this part of me, alive. All of you who helped me reach this point, with your advice and builds. All of  you with your support. It's just a silly little accolade from a silly little test in a silly little game, but it means so much to me.

You may not see this response but we are all very proud of you sir! Welcome to the ranks of True Master!!

Awesome Sean Penn GIF

8 hours ago, EdwardHowton said:

You did it! I was so sad when you originally threw in the towel after so much effort. Really pleased to see you managed it finally. What was the winning combination pray tell?

I remember your thread. part of me felt like you would still give it another shot, and I'm glad you did! and remember, some of the most bada$$ samurai Characters out there are visually impaired: Zatoichi the Blind Samurai and Kenshi from Mortal Kombat, for example! or if you want an IRL example, Date Masamune, known as "The One-Eyed Dragon".

welcome to the True Masters Club! 

Archived