Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop Nerfing Umbra and Wukong

(PSN)JuRod

Hi there DE. Been playing WF for 4 years now. In my time playing my favorite Frames have been Umbra and Wukong after his rework. But it seem like every update has brought a new nerf to their Spector/Clone AI. Can you please stop doing this. There are WFs that can nuke a whole room but these abilities are the ones that keep getting kneecapped. Why? All they do is help do “regular” damage. They can’t nuke a room. Them stopping to reload for 10seconds every 5 shots no matter the weapon is feels like a real slap in the face while Saryn Octavia and Mesa are running free. 

Both Umbra and Wukong Exalted melee have been destroyed since the melee 2.99999 rework and now the one gimmick that made them somewhat special is also getting nerfed. Either fix their AI to be what they were or just get rid of the ability and replace it with something worth using.

Same goes for Exalted melee. Either make them steel path worthy or give them something else worth using.

I love the game and I love that y’all are always on top of things. Just please fix these issues because they deserve better than what has happened to them now.

They just stand there for like 3-5 seconds then they reload which adds more time before they attack. Umbra in steel path is normally dead as soon as you go into operator mode. At least Wukong has cloud walker to help but umbra doesn’t even get a chance to shoot in higher levels anymore because they are just standing there getting shot before they move

8 minutes ago, (PSN)JuRod said:

They just stand there for like 3-5 seconds then they reload which adds more time before they attack. Umbra in steel path is normally dead as soon as you go into operator mode. At least Wukong has cloud walker to help but umbra doesn’t even get a chance to shoot in higher levels anymore because they are just standing there getting shot before they move

Then you are modding wrong, Umbra is my most played frame because I use it to keep DPS high while I'm playing as operator, wich is basically 90% of my regular playtime for sure. I've used weapons like Vecits prime, Tigris prime, Acceltra and my favourite, Basmu. Basmu doesn't even reload, Umbra just shoot it forever. Shedu also works like that but is kinda slow for my needs. You also need to heal him somehow, I'm currently using helminth Molt + Regenerative Molt wich works fantastic, since Umbra spams it like every 5 secs.  

Since I don't play as Umbra but as operator, I've removed his Exalted Blade to put Molt, this way he has 4 abilities as AI specter to help me with CC and for self-sustain.

If you want I can give you more tips and builds to put your Umbra in a better shape for high level content.

I appreciate the thought but it’s not a modding issue. I have been an Excal main for all 4 years and been using umbra since his release. You can use the Hikou Prime and his blank time will still be about 5 seconds before he does anything reload or attack. 
I used to use him with Staticor or Pyrana prime for his Spector mode because of good damage and reload. Now it doesn’t matter because of his constant pausing.

Just now, (PSN)JuRod said:

I appreciate the thought but it’s not a modding issue. I have been an Excal main for all 4 years and been using umbra since his release. You can use the Hikou Prime and his blank time will still be about 5 seconds before he does anything reload or attack. 
I used to use him with Staticor or Pyrana prime for his Spector mode because of good damage and reload. Now it doesn’t matter because of his constant pausing.

Weird, becaus eHikou Prime is literally my most used secondary due the high speed and fast reload and I've never experienced your issue:

Spoiler

175134265_5222839431124140_8393238682211168961_n.png?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=35BmHdPQFuQAX88eNA9&_nc_ht=scontent.fzal1-1.fna&oh=414fb73d2afe37109a23c12e42cf0436&oe=60A84B70

I did most of Steel path on solo as Umbra + Operator and honestly never had a problem.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)JuRod said:

This AI hasn’t been an issue until this update release. I also did steel path with umbra. But he hasn’t been the same since this last update.

I haven't noticed any changes sadly, my umbra keeps deleting everything on his own and behaving same as usual. Try Basmu if you can.

Maybe it's a bug tho, because they haven't listed any changes for AI specters on patch notes, so don't assume devs are nerfing stuff.

They never listed Wukong clone reload pause as a thing either but it’s there for like the last 5 updates. But he has cloud walker to work around it. Umbra doesn’t have that and it frustrating to see him just standing there getting shot before he even tries anything.

On 2021-04-24 at 6:04 AM, (PSN)JuRod said:

They never listed Wukong clone reload pause as a thing either but it’s there for like the last 5 updates. But he has cloud walker to work around it. Umbra doesn’t have that and it frustrating to see him just standing there getting shot before he even tries anything.

Just grinded index these last two days, many rounds with wukong. Twin doesn't look any different, still acing the mode. And I happen to not cloud walk in index.

Since there's also nothing in patchnotes mentioning a.i changes, Is there any possibility that you might be facing a non-widespread bug? Warframe is struggling with a.i management since rj retrofit after all.

• 5 months later...
On 2021-04-25 at 5:34 AM, Soy77 said:

Just grinded index these last two days, many rounds with wukong. Twin doesn't look any different, still acing the mode. And I happen to not cloud walk in index.

Since there's also nothing in patchnotes mentioning a.i changes, Is there any possibility that you might be facing a non-widespread bug? Warframe is struggling with a.i management since rj retrofit after all.

It’s been fixed since this post, their AI works just fine now.

I'm with OP on this one because Wisp Specter was given a similar Nerf.... For those of you who don't know .. when Specters use certain weapons... They didn't Reload... Naturally you can guess how that Specific Interaction pairs up a very Specific Specter Loadout... Wisp + Exergis....

It was such a potent Combo it was beginning to get traction.... DE killed it before enough people got used to it enough to Get Angry about its Nerf... 

On 2021-04-24 at 12:32 AM, (PSN)JuRod said:

It’s been fixed

What about my Specters ? 😥

Archived