Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Revamp?

ReiganCross

Yeah, sure, Loki is awesome... But he's mainly amusing instead of practical. Switch Teleport is useful (barely), Decoy gets busted almost instantly, Invisibility is like the only thing he does and Radial Disarm is... Wierd, especially on Infested.

So i dunno, maybe Loki could get some Mirror Images where he deploys about 6 Decoys at once around him (like Loki from the Thor comics.) Or maybe his Invisibility could leave a Decoy behind?... Maybe turn Disarm into a cone attack like Mag's Pull and tone it down from being an ultimate?... Hell, maybe the Decoys could do some actual damage?.... I dunno, i'm just suggesting ideas for Loki, discussing it without DE's presence would be useless.

Let me reiterate something. I'm not saying that Loki is useless. Far from it, Loki is frigging awesome and is an amusing trickster... What i'm saying is that his abilities are getting old if you compare to the level of depth the newer abilities got. I'm not asking for Loki to become a damage Warframe, i'm saying that he needs to do the same things he does with an update to our currently raised standarts.

id rather they put that effort towards new and interesting warframes.

loki is fine. he is different and fun. id rather add to the variety in warframes than going back to add it to something that doesn't need it.

why remove something that you are grown bored off when you can simply add another option elsewhere and leave loki as is, to those that love him, as is.

Edited by MetalGerbil

id rather they put that effort towards new and interesting warframes.

loki is fine. he is different and fun. id rather add to the variety in warframes than going back to add it to something that doesn't need it.

why remove something that you are grown bored off and you can simply add another option elsewhere and leave loki as is, to those that love him, as is.

They are always making the effort towards the new Warframes... But then they're making callbacks to older warframes and leveling them up to a higher standard... It happened to Rhino, Volt, Mag, Trinity and to some degree Ember... Loki could use some of that action.

They are always making the effort towards the new Warframes... But then they're making callbacks to older warframes and leveling them up to a higher standard... It happened to Rhino, Volt, Mag, Trinity and to some degree Ember... Loki could use some of that action.

I don't recall those two getting buffs, unless you call a glitch and a mod that gets overheat back to where it once was at a massive energy cost a buff.

I could be wrong though.

On the actual topic, Loki isn't bad off the only real change he may need is that his ult doesn't affect one faction at all. How you would change that I have no idea.

Edited by Ohmlink

i try to catch every one of these "fix loki" threads and offer the same advice:

decoy - each rank increases the hp/shld/armr from the base of the caster loki so the decoy would have 1x/2x/3x/4x the base hps/shld/armr of the caster loki, this allows the loki to add vit/redirect to toughen up the decoy as well as ranking the decoy (also allow focus/power mods to increase decoy stats)

OPTIONAL (possible alternate ability mods in future): decoy explodes upon death doing 1/2/3/4x the dmg recieved in a small radius

invis - no changes

swap teleport - short duration confuse aoe around enemy targets and original location 1/2/3/4 sec stun and 3/4/5/6 sec confuse

radial disarm - remove the dmg to light infested, disarm now debuffs dmg/atkspd/movspd of all enemies hit by 10/20/30/40% permanently (except bosses, 5/10/15/20% and 10/20/30/40 secs), still disarms ranged weapons and also has a % chance to critically disarm enemies causing a weapon malfunction which explodes doing dmg to the targets (10/20/30/40% chance to cause 200/400/600/800 base dmg), this random dmg is not a "press 4 to win" button, but more of a flavorful way to enhance the ability, since it would happen less than 50% of the time (allow the debuffs and dmg to be enhanced by mods, but not the crit chance)

with these changes, decoy is now viable at all levels and scales well, radial disarm is useful against all enemies, and swap teleport has real in-combat functionality (invis really needed no help)