Bring Compaion Weapon Rivens Back to the Sortie/Iron Wake Loot Pool

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Once upon a time

everyone (supposedly) hated companion weapons, it felt like getting cheated when your Sortie Reward was a Companion Riven and not a Shotgun Riven.

So they got pulled from the Loot Pool, and given to Simiaris.

But now that we're starting to get Relevant Companion Weapons, things like Verglas, Deconstructor, and what the future holds

Companions Rivens aren't such a raw deal anymore. They can be desirable!

Please put them back into the main loot pool, I want to be able to obtain them the Normal way, not the horrible un-fun drudgery that is Farming Simaris Standing.

Gimme some options please.

9 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No. Every fairly advanced player can guaranteed get a companion Riven every 4 days if they want to. This is way better than clutter the pool again

I already pointed out that Simaris sux. Just because an advanced player can grind it out, doesn't mean its Fun For Everyone

Getting a Companion Riven from a Sortie - yay! surprise treasure!

Grinding a Companion Riven from Simaris - lame, more work

See the difference? Try and look at things from a perspective that's Not your hardcore grind Jaded one.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I already pointed out that Simaris sux. Just because an advanced player can grind it out, doesn't mean its Fun For Everyone

Just because it isn’t fun doesn’t mean people won’t do it. I’d certainly prefer not to get a companion riven from sorties. Many people don’t even use companion weapons, so getting the riven does feel pretty pointless. They could be added to a cache drop in Railjack, that would work for me. Ignis Wtaith is a drop there, so there it is possible to have things like that implemented.

2 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

It's just not fun.

the gameplay experience is different, having to specifically pull out a synth scanner and do Work

vs just doing a Sortie and having something drop by surprise.

I'll take work for controlled outcome over doing something "fun" to roll on an RNG box.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Always no to Pool clutter. I'm already pissed as hell when palladino gives me pistol and melee rivens. 

You either suggest we can pick the type of riven each week or you'll get barely any support regarding this. 

This.

9 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

And I don't want an even more cluttered Sortie Pool.

So it's your opinion vs my opinion. And seeing the other comments you stand pretty much alone here

Well you wouldn't be losing anything

its just going back to the way things were to begin with.

I've never agreed with the logic that because companion rivs were undesired they got moved.

Getting a Kraken or Cronus riven was even more disappointing and we don't see anything being done about that.

And what about kitguns and zaws? no one likes those anymore, might as well move them to Simaris too right?

No - I exclusively use a Smeeta outside of lvling so unless we can mount a weapon on a Kavat/Kubrow its a waste of time

15 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Well I have a day job

Buy some plat and buy Companion Rivend from Trade Chat, they'll be people willing to do the "boring" Stuff for you...

Or even sell the other rivens you get and buy the companion rivens from Trade Chat

6 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I'd rather keep them as a simaris offering but give players a new way to farm Simaris standing: Sanctuary. Enemies killed in SO and ESO give simaris standing. I'd go there more often this way.

That's a fair point

I just find Simaris scanning to be boring. Some other way to get standing would help a lot.

I'd rather keep them as a simaris offering but give players a new way to farm Simaris standing: Sanctuary. Enemies killed in SO and ESO give simaris standing. I'd go there more often this way.

Unless DE makes it where only your own kills count and it's only 1 point per kill, then please no.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

No - I exclusively use a Smeeta outside of lvling so unless we can mount a weapon on a Kavat/Kubrow its a waste of time

Just imagine a smeeta firing the missile weapon on its back - failure missile GIF

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Unless DE makes it where only your own kills count and it's only 1 point per kill, then please no.

Why? Just make like the other Syndicates, you get standing depending on excess affinity. 1 point per kill would mean you need to do 31k to max daily standing at MR30, how many ESO runs should you do for that? We're talking about making simaris standing less boring to get, not more.

On 2021-04-24 at 10:21 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Well I have a day job

I have a day job. I've had a day job for 11 years longer than Warframe has existed.

I do not want to do a Sortie and get a Riven mod bogey prize. At least I know that if I pull a Kraken riven I can use it in the Kuva Kraken and get fairly decent results. At least I know that DE will one day rework the Stug so it actually does something and that riven may actually do something too. But the chances of DE buffing the Sentinel weapons, rather than just bringing out new ones, is so miniscule that it's laughable.

And here's a lovely bit of logic for you:

Having Companion rivens in Simaris makes it easier for you to get them than from a random drop on Sortie. When you go to a Sortie there's hundreds of potential rivens to get, so your chance of getting a Verglass is 1/400 or so. If you go to Simaris, your chance is 1/14.

For somebody who legitimately doesn't have that much time on my hands, if I go to Simaris four times spread out over however many game sessions I manage to get in a week, I can get a Riven for a companion. That's a guarantee.

And being able to have only a 1/14 chance of getting the right one, compared to a 1/400 means I get my reward way more reliably than by Sortie.

Think it's bad getting a riven for a bad gun? Imagine the gods of RNG not giving you a Verglas or Helstrum riven for seventy, eighty, one hundred and twenty, maybe two hundred different Sorties when you could have just gone to Simaris once or twice a week and got it within a week or two.

Your whole premise is that you want to see more Companion riven mods, but your argument against it is that you 'don't like Simaris'.

You want Companion rivens and DE has given you a way to specifically get them so that getting your preferred one is easy and the RNG is tiny compared to before.

And your 'solution' is to revert a change that has improved everyone else's results for years?

Entitled. Whining. And completely blind to how the change benefits you if, for a few seconds, you eat your vegetables like a big kid.

Why? Just make like the other Syndicates, you get standing depending on excess affinity. 1 point per kill would mean you need to do 31k to max daily standing at MR30, how many ESO runs should you do for that? We're talking about making simaris standing less boring to get, not more.

And you've just created another problem, because then you still make SO/ESO matchmaking dead. You would max your standing in one run. So your suggestion still doesn't help SO/ESO because then people are only going to do their one and done. Not fun if you can't match to a group to run.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

And you've just created another problem, because then you still make SO/ESO matchmaking dead. You would max your standing in one run. So your suggestion still doesn't help SO/ESO because then people are only going to do their one and done. Not fun if you can't match to a group to run.

Right now I don't go to SO/ESO because there's nothing for me there. And I'm pretty sure that's happening to many other people. Right now doing a single steel path exterminate with Ivara on earth you max Simaris standing. It's much faster than a single 8 run of SO/ESO, but it's boring AF. Besides, it's about giving people more options, not removing the ones that exists in order to put these others in place.

39 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Right now I don't go to SO/ESO because there's nothing for me there. And I'm pretty sure that's happening to many other people. Right now doing a single steel path exterminate with Ivara on earth you max Simaris standing. It's much faster than a single 8 run of SO/ESO, but it's boring AF. Besides, it's about giving people more options, not removing the ones that exists in order to put these others in place.

So you've already gotten all of Khora and the vandal weapons from SO and you don't care about getting radiant relics and other goodies from ESO? Then why the hell are you suggesting that these modes should give any Simaris standing for running them? You would still have no reason to play these modes then. From your opinionated implication, there is no reason to implement this suggestion then.

Just now, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

So you've already gotten all of Khora and the vandal weapons from SO and you don't care about getting radiant relics and other goodies from ESO? Then why the hell are you suggesting that these modes should give any Simaris standing for running them? You would still have no reason to play these modes then. From your opinionated implication, there is no reason to implement this suggestion then.

Yes, I got Khora (a few sets), I've done several braton vandal sets (thanks to the streaming and the runs I've done farming focus) and yes, I don't need the lato vandal anymore.

The "other goodies" from eso are capturas, a couple of rare and useless mods and a silly eidolon shard that gives 5k focus. Yeah, I don't need more of those either.

Relics? Sure, they're a good thing, but Disruption offers a better and more focused farm. So no, it's not good for that either. Having simaris standing would make me go back there because I'd farm companion rivens, and copies of frames to experiment with helminth, among the things. Because, as I said, farming simaris standing right now is boring. I still don't know why are you against alternatives.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

but Disruption offers a better and more focused farm

Except those aren't radiant already, so you've still got to get the traces to make them radiant. Getting 3 radiants (they aren't axi but still) per 8 waves is nice to have.

Just now, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Except those aren't radiant already, so you've still got to get the traces to make them radiant. Getting 3 radiants (they aren't axi but still) per 8 waves is nice to have.

3 radiants IF you get them. And farming traces is really fast to do doing capture relics. And you can't choose what relics to farm either. And, again, I'm not saying that we should remove relics or anything at all from Simaris. You are not explaining how is this detrimental to the game. You just refuse to accept it but are giving no reasons.

Actually, putting Simaris standing on sanctuary would if anything, increase people going there because if they're going for the relics, they'll do more than one run anyway, and if they are going for the standing they'd do at least one run that, otherwise, they wouldn't do at all.

Archived