Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack for solo players

zonkko

drydock research terminals need to be added to relay drydocks because solo players who dont want to be in a clan have to join one to get cephalon CY which means they have to wait 12 hours just to enter the dojo that theyre only going to use for getting cephalon CY

If you don’t want to join someone else’s clan just make your own. There are a large number of clan exclusive things. I believe the intention in having the dock in relays is to allow people to participate before then unlock it in a clan. 

19 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If you don’t want to join someone else’s clan just make your own. There are a large number of clan exclusive things. I believe the intention in having the dock in relays is to allow people to participate before then unlock it in a clan. 

The problem with this is then funding your own railjack drydock which goes against the idea that they added relay drydocks so people wouldn't have to do what you describe.

There is complete validity in the desire to see functionality altered on relays to allow for solo players to fully enjoy railjack without being forced into/making a clan.

55 minutes ago, zonkko said:

drydock research terminals need to be added to relay drydocks because solo players who dont want to be in a clan have to join one to get cephalon CY which means they have to wait 12 hours just to enter the dojo that theyre only going to use for getting cephalon CY

then player would have to pay plat to get a railjack to bypass needing CY

7 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The problem with this is then funding your own railjack drydock which goes against the idea that they added relay drydocks so people wouldn't have to do what you describe.

There is complete validity in the desire to see functionality altered on relays to allow for solo players to fully enjoy railjack without being forced into/making a clan.

I am not saying OP's idea is bad. More that they should just join/make a clan. Because what happens next, do DE have to put clan research stuff in other places so people not wanting a clan can get them?

If DE wants people to fully enjoy RJ without a clan they would have implemented it into the relay thing. They may be trying to give people a taste of it and encouraging them to join a clan to do more. I am not sure what the intention was.

There's also very large clans that have no requirements other than activity that you can join and leave as you please. 0 interaction needed other than requesting to join on discord. After that you can get all their research and use the dry dock to do your Railjack building quests.

You can of course build your own clan, but it will require a lot of resources and that's something that beginning players just don't have. I wouldn't advise that to people just starting. There's vids out there that show how to build your clan in a week, but it will take a lot of effort and resources.

I'm a solo player, but I joined a small clan and stuck around. Sometimes it's fun to play with the clan, but everyone can do whatever they want.

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Dry dock was added to relays to make rail jack more accessible and more implemented into main game , not to be obtainable from said relays .

8 hours ago, krc473 said:

I am not saying OP's idea is bad. More that they should just join/make a clan. Because what happens next, do DE have to put clan research stuff in other places so people not wanting a clan can get them?

If DE wants people to fully enjoy RJ without a clan they would have implemented it into the relay thing. They may be trying to give people a taste of it and encouraging them to join a clan to do more. I am not sure what the intention was.

That is a good point!

5 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Dry dock was added to relays to make rail jack more accessible and more implemented into main game , not to be obtainable from said relays .

Right, but by adding the drydock to relays they've opened up a new set of issues which includes obtaining a railjack and devloping components for it. 

It is nice to have a way to play Railjack without a dojo but the frontend is still blocked by clans.

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Right, but by adding the drydock to relays they've opened up a new set of issues which includes obtaining a railjack and devloping components for it. 

It is nice to have a way to play Railjack without a dojo but the frontend is still blocked by clans.

Sounds like this is an issue of 'if you give a mouse a cookie'..

37 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Sounds like this is an issue of 'if you give a mouse a cookie'..

Exactly. But that's how everything in life works. 

Actions have consequences. The choices you make today affect tomorrow. By changing such a thing (adding railjack to relays) new issues/concerns are now conceptual because there was no precedent for them to exist previously.

19 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Right, but by adding the drydock to relays they've opened up a new set of issues which includes obtaining a railjack and devloping components for it. It is nice to have a way to play Railjack without a dojo but the frontend is still blocked by clans.

CAN you play Railjack without a Dojo? Because Railjack missions are hosted within the Dojo instance, so I presumed one was necessary. Of course, there's no reason the game can't generate a generic Dojo instance or pull players into a redesigned Relay instance, but I'm not sure that's actually something the game does currently. Can you guys confirm that players who are currently NOT in a Clan with a Dojo can still host Railjack missions?

5 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

CAN you play Railjack without a Dojo? Because Railjack missions are hosted within the Dojo instance, so I presumed one was necessary. Of course, there's no reason the game can't generate a generic Dojo instance or pull players into a redesigned Relay instance, but I'm not sure that's actually something the game does currently. Can you guys confirm that players who are currently NOT in a Clan with a Dojo can still host Railjack missions?

Yes you can.

Just now, Steel_Rook said:

You can host without a Dojo? So what happens when you "Return to Dojo?" Or does it return you to the Relay? I ask, because that's fairly important for the underlying tech.

I'm pretty sure it returns you to a relay if you don't have a dojo. They added this to relays to specifically work with players who have no clan... So I would assume it doesn't try to dump you into a clan drydock... that would be a little silly considering this functionality was specifically added for players who are not in a clan.

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

I'm pretty sure it returns you to a relay if you don't have a dojo. They added this to relays to specifically work with players who have no clan... So I would assume it doesn't try to dump you into a clan drydock... that would be a little silly considering this functionality was specifically added for players who are not in a clan.

I ask for a specific reason. Railjack missions are all hosted within the Dojo, essentially unloading the Dojo interior and loading additional "rooms" elsewhere in the same physical space. If you can HOST a Railjack mission from a Relay, that means one of two things: Either DE refactored Relay instances to function like Dojo instances, or they figured out some alternate way of hosting temporary Dojo instances for Dojos which don't exist. Either would be... Significant.

Just now, Steel_Rook said:

I ask for a specific reason. Railjack missions are all hosted within the Dojo, essentially unloading the Dojo interior and loading additional "rooms" elsewhere in the same physical space. If you can HOST a Railjack mission from a Relay, that means one of two things: Either DE refactored Relay instances to function like Dojo instances, or they figured out some alternate way of hosting temporary Dojo instances for Dojos which don't exist. Either would be... Significant.

I won't pretend to know how things work under the hood. All I know is railjacks were added to relays specifically to address solo players being able to access railjack features.

Also, you can board the railjack from your orbiter and initiate missions from the navigation panel therein. I have never tried to do this to host a team game but it works pretty well for general-use hosting of matches provided you don't migrate to another player's game.  I'm not really convinced that the dojo is being used the way you describe.

13 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Also, you can board the railjack from your orbiter and initiate missions from the navigation panel therein. I have never tried to do this to host a team game but it works pretty well for general-use hosting of matches provided you don't migrate to another player's game.  I'm not really convinced that the dojo is being used the way you describe.

Hosting a Railjack match from your Orbiter loads you into your Dojo before starting. That's why you get a "Landing Craft loading screen" if you do it like that. You go from your Railjack bridge to the Landing Craft back to the Railjack bridge because you're loading into an instance of your Dojo first, THEN loading into the Railjack mission afterwards. It still requires a dojo.

I'm aware of what DE said they wanted to do. I'm just not sure if they were able to actually do it. I've no means of trying to host a Railjack mission without a Clan because I'm the founder of my small Clan of friends which I don't want to leave just for a basic test. I was hoping someone with a Railjack but no Clan - possibly someone who bought it for money - could testify to make sure that's actually possible. Because if it is, that's a step forward in terms of backend technology.

Archived