Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing Connection to Squads Every Single Game

EndoGengar

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching online because I'm having the same problem. I'm getting dropped from my squads multiple times per hour. I've checked the network analyzer. I changed network ports. No fix. It is literally unplayable as a group game, now.

What's probably happening is, you all keep playing with the same players, and expect a different outcome. I too have a friend, which, when I invite him, he loads for 2 minutes, and then surely disconnects after some time.

just don't play missions with them, or use a VPN if you really need it.

if that's not the case, the problem is your network, sorry to break it to you.

Edited by mcsushi89

16 minutes ago, mcsushi89 said:

What's probably happening is, you all keep playing with the same players, and expect a different outcome. I too have a friend, which, when I invite him, he loads for 2 minutes, and then surely disconnects after some time.

just don't play missions with them, or use a VPN if you really need it.

if that's not the case, the problem is your network, sorry to break it to you.

1. This happens with other people aside from my regular friends, including random matches.

2. It is a new problem. My computer and internet access have not changed.

3. I've done all troubleshooting recommended by the player community. This is not on me or my network. DE needs to fix a core component of their product.

1 minute ago, Zerhanna said:

1. This happens with other people aside from my regular friends, including random matches.

2. It is a new problem. My computer and internet access have not changed.

3. I've done all troubleshooting recommended by the player community. This is not on me or my network. DE needs to fix a core component of their product.

try setting the matchmaking ping limit to 400 or unlimited, then. other than that, and having good network, idk what to recommend.

I'm having the same problem. It happens when I view the arsenal, when I'm chatting with the squad (tab closes and I'm kicked out) etc., but I'm playing the missions without any issue, so I doubt it's my network. Also having ping on max and all the other suggestions. This makes playing tedious to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...

Also having this issue, at the end of matches i leave squad automaticly and launching missions i more often then not get host migration and migration failed. Been playing for 2 years and only became an issue for me around june. Im on ps4 set it to unlimited checks say nominal and having an upgraded router since january my connection has been better than ever downloading like 10x faster.

I have to say this is definitly on warframes side of being an issue. And its pathetic they can't even give a responce like were looking into it.

Odd that if you get invited during match and have no issues so thats how me and friends opening relics now put to invite or friends start invite and wait for me to load it.

Edited by (PSN)Megsvis

So my response from support so far as been to change my dns and try a different internet source, completly disregarding info like if invited to active missions no problems staying with friends or the fact my upload and download are good or even the fact its "ONLY" warframe giving me issues and it started around the patch with tennongen2022 anouncment. All of june and still an issue...

Like no im not getting a different isp cause you cant be bothered to even consider its your end. For starters i live rural with poor cell reception and only 1 provider and second we just got fiberoptic upgrade last year for free.

Been playing this game at least since 2019 and no problems with friends or squads, now suddenly i cant stay in groups at end of a mission or get seperated on launch making grinding beyond a tedious nightmare.

But god forbid support actually do their job and help by doing a trouble shoot and narrow down the source of the problem or even admit they have no idea what to do and contact someone with more experience.

Anyone els have a suggestion beyond incompetentce such as your internet sucks (which it doesnt) ive done a reinstall, tried while all other devices are removed from router, changed ping limit from 100 to unlimited and even restored to defaults, analyzed network, changed dns and pesterd support. 

At this rate im just gonna quit playing outside of nightwave dailys which sucks cause khora prime just released and i still need garuda prime systems.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the issue of going to Cetus or one of  the open world relays and then exiting to the the open world it would kick me out of party and put me in to offline mode.

One of the work abounds was for one of my fiends to join the open world then i would join them and that worked but as for my problem of connecting in open world I could not after trying all suggestions that is online my friend suggest one thing and it could be a bug with a quest interaction so I cleared all my quests and the one i had active but not started was the quest for the zariman and since I cleared it I was able to join others in open world started the quest same problem closed it fixed 

Sorry if it is to long hope it helps some one 

TLDR [ Quest active problem. Cancelled the quest fixed offline problem]

Edited by batt0usai
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been a recurring problem the past few weeks. Every time I try to join a radshare like 100% of the time I get kicked saying the host migrated when they clearly didnt since sometimes I can rejoin back in while mission is running. A bigger problem is that the chances of me being able to rejoin is like 50/50 and it just sucks to do radshares.

I don't wanna keep doing radshares since I do not wanna be in every players ignore list, that will be the worst thing that could happen to me especially as a fairly new player.

This has happened a month before but like magically fixed itself in a couple days so heres to hoping it happens again. When it did get fixed I never did anything and like a patch didnt happen that day so idk.

DE pls fix I cannot play your game properly cuz of it.

• 1 month later...

Ive been having this exact issue and it is a common problem. The countdown stops and shows the same number over and over, then I get removed from party. From a friends POV, it says I left the party.

I was having this issue some time ago (i think, winter 2021-2022). When my PC was connected to router via ethernet cable, I would be disconnected from sessions in either orbiter or relays (even when I hosted). If squad was already in mission or just started loading into one, everything went ok. When I was using Wi-Fi, no such issues happened. Another PC in same local network could use only ethernet and had same issues. When we changed the router, the issue seemed to have resolved.

However in autumn 2022 issue began again but with different protocols: when I'm using ethernet, everything's ok; when I'm using wi-fi, I'm kicked out of sessions in relays and orbiter. This might be connected to having reinstalled windows on the pc, starting using wifi instead of cable, or the crossplay test. I don't remember exact dates when issue started. Also I've noticed that when me and host are in clan dojo (or when I'm the host and in dojo), I disconnect much less often.

This is most certainly because of issues in router settings; it's also might be that bad settings of router meet bad settings on my PC, or mistakes on interner provider equipment, or even some failures in network code (as warframe is the only game having this issue - and only in orbiter or relays). I feel that fixing router would most certainly remove this issue, however I cannot imagine what to change there.

When reading logs, I also noticed lots of errors "SSL Error on non-MTU sized read, requires the next packet" when using wi-fi that has issues, and no these errors when using cable or another wifi. I think they occur in mission, however I'm not sure whether or not they have any effect on gameplay and are caused by same reasons as disconnecting from squad in other instances.

Cause I see it being brought up again, gonna link this here:

The majority of squad-related issues are someone's network or ISP is having issues connecting to others, there's not really any net code magic DE can employ to make someone's internet work better. They can absolutely make it degrade better (i.e. not returning you to orbiter and putting you in your own session, backing up session rewards on certain waves or rotations, etc.) but the existing P2P system in place has its flaws with a host / client relationship relying heavily on the individual to have consistent, stable, reliable internet when a lot of places just don't have that. Dedicated servers would solve some of them, but they have their own costs and plethora of issues too, so there's not really any one perfect solution unfortunately. I can recommend that if people are having issues to contact their ISP, since technicians will look into it for free as they're paying for a service to be usable in all aspects; if there's an obvious issue they can generally resolve it, and it costs nothing to the end user (other than maybe patience and time I suppose).

10 hours ago, Nakti said:

I also noticed lots of errors "SSL Error on non-MTU sized read, requires the next packet"

This indicates MTU fragmentation - the common setting for Ethernet is 1500 bytes (1460 for payload, 20 for TCP header and 20 for IP header), but your specific router on that wifi network may for some reason be changing the MTU size (or your ISP doesn't support that value, though most should just fine). It's mostly harmless in this situation as it just indicates it'll need to waste time receiving (or generating in some cases) another mostly empty packet for completeness, but I'd change it if possible to avoid any delays or issues.