Gear to revive companions

DarcosRoyal

I'm suggesting a gear that uses Revives for the companion. They provide a lot of utility (Fetch/Vacuum, Animal Instinct, Guardian, Percepts).

I think it will be a quality of life addition that will bypass the need to suicide to revive only the companion. 

I proposed this twice already, first time between 6~7 years ago long before Pets were a thing, i suggested a consumable item that you could use during the mission that would make a wireframe of your Sentinel appear over your head and slowly filling up as it was repaired, meanwile you would have to take cover as taking damage could destroy it before rebuilt and then again after Pets were introduced.

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I proposed this twice already, first time between 6~7 years ago long before Pets were a thing, i suggested a consumable item that you could use during the mission that would make a wireframe of your Sentinel appear over your head and slowly filling up as it was repaired, meanwile you would have to take cover as taking damage could destroy it before rebuilt and then again after Pets were introduced.

Times surely changed, Since 6 years ago, companions have more diversity and more mods, arcanes are more accessible making it easier to have 6 revives. 

The suggested method gives the player the possibility to revive the companion without killing themselves.

7 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

No more bandaid solutions. Companions should be invincible or respawn automatically like Djinn and Vulpaphylas.

Making them invincible will make defensive mods or forma-ing obsolete.

Djinn and Vulpaphylas are infested, it can just regrow.

16 minutes ago, DarcosRoyal said:

Therefore, does defensive mods needs to be removed from the game. 

You clearly haven’t use the search bar regarding companion rework. The two most popular suggestion are companion invincibility and companion automatic respawn. No one likes playing “revive the animal” game every 5 seconds. It’s tedious and only adds annoyance to the gameplay. Nowadays, people just let companions die when they got down because they are not worth the effort. I don’t trust DE at fixing their pet AI given they are advocating aggressive optimizations until everyone at least have server grade CPU power to run that AI. It’s better they just slap it and voila you just made companions being loved by the player base again.

DE can always compensate Veterans when a major change like this happens. Just like what they did in Corpus Railjack, Melee 3.0, etc.

On 2021-04-25 at 12:02 PM, DrivaMain said:

Therefore, does defensive mods needs to be removed from the game. 

The two most popular suggestion are companion invincibility and companion automatic respawn. 

The suggested method gives the player the possibility to revive the companion without killing themselves.

On 2021-04-25 at 10:55 AM, DarcosRoyal said:

Or simply make the revival time disable the offensive bits of the pet thus making survival relevant for the actual signature features of the pet.
Or even better make vacuum and radars baseline stats you get with frame rankup (or possibly even if we go a tiny bit more RPG, let players choose their rankup stats and even go negative into some to get more points to distribute) and pets entirely optional.

22 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Or simply make the revival time disable the offensive bits of the pet thus making survival relevant for the actual signature features of the pet.
Or even better make vacuum and radars baseline stats you get with frame rankup (or possibly even if we go a tiny bit more RPG, let players choose their rankup stats and even go negative into some to get more points to distribute) and pets entirely optional.

Well, it was confirmed in the devstream a new Dispensary augment will come that will revive sentinels

:highfive:

3 часа назад, DarcosRoyal сказал:

Well, it was confirmed in the devstream a new Dispensary augment will come that will revive sentinels

Yay, finally a long desired buff for sentinels!

You just have to use a specific frame with a specific augment for that...

While there's a breed of beast companions that's just straight-up immortal...

GOOD JOB DE!

39 minutes ago, Rantear said:

Yay, finally a long desired buff for sentinels!

You just have to use a specific frame with a specific augment for that...

While there's a breed of beast companions that's just straight-up immortal...

GOOD JOB DE!

Subsuming Protea to the Helminth will offer Dispensary and its augments to be used by other Warframes.

13 минут назад, DarcosRoyal сказал:

Subsuming Protea to the Helminth will offer Dispensary and its augments to be used by other Warframes.

I know that, but it's so much worse that i didn't even want to include that.

4 hours ago, DarcosRoyal said:

Band aid solution. Now you are forcing players to use dispensary if they want their Sentinels to be usable in high level game modes. And they say they want to advocate build diversity. This change is against what they stand up for.

Archived