Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since Universal Medallions will never be usable for the Conclave, should Syndicate medallions/Universal Medallions be more abundant?

Zahnny

I know, we've all been wanting it for years but a handful of people convinced DE otherwise. Universal Medallions despite their inherantly low value (Only 1k standing) they can be used for every syndicate besides Conclave. Even so, they can only be obtained at a rare chance from Disruption missions.

I think there should be more ways to obtain them, but without clogging up other drop tables.

I think a neat compromise would be allowing both Syndicate and Universal Medallions to be found randomly in any mission. Similar to Rare/Reinforced Containers or Ayatan Sculptures.

For Syndicate medallions it would only be for Syndicates you're neutral or on good terms with. This would help make Syndicates feel less isolated in Warframe, even if it's only a small step. Medallions would appear different if the host/client is allied with different Syndicates.

Besides sigil affinity, (which shouldn't even be tied to Sigils anyway in my opinion) the only method to farm for a syndicate is to specifically play Syndicate missions. They would still exist as an option, but having a chance in random missions to come across them would make the Syndicate systems feel more connected. If there is concerns about gaining "too many medallions" then it could always be capped out at a certain amount of spawns per day. (only counted if had you picked them up)

1 minute ago, (XBOX)InductiveBag46 said:

Fr tho all it took to change steves mind was 1 tweet.

By the time you get to sedna disruption universal medals are kinda gimmicky and pointless, they could be justified by bypassing the daily cap.

I'm convinced the only real reason PvP is still in the game is because Steve has a soft spot for it, and wishes it would work -- it would also explain why he was so easy to influence. 

Otherwise it would probably have gone the way of trials long ago. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm convinced the only real reason PvP is still in the game is because Steve has a soft spot for it, and wishes it would work. 

Otherwise it would probably have gone the way of trials long ago. 

Hot take: It was completely unbalanced, but Dark Sector PvP was more fun than Conclave has ever been.

And we actually got rewarded in credits for playing it too.

Honestly they could go in more places, one thing that causes the "Content Island" syndrome is the fact that work in one location doesn't translate elsewhere.

They could create ways to exchange standing items at a lower efficiency for universal ones, say I were grinding tokens on Deimos but had a bunch of leftover tokens that I don't need anymore, make it possible to exchange a selection of those tokens for a Universal one, obviously not 1-to-1 in conversions but something like 1,500 standing from one place into one Universal would work for example.

They could even make exchanges for things like Syndicate Medallions to encourage players to look for them since they'd be somewhat transferable too.

Making progression more fluid would also help out new players too, so that even if you're focusing on farming one area you can take the excess portions of that standing elsewhere.

Most importantly take them out of the disruption reward pool. Universal medallions have too low of a chance to be worth farming but just enough that they are annoying drops and you'd rather just intentionally fail two conduits just so you are on a reward table not infested by this garbage.

32 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honestly they could go in more places, one thing that causes the "Content Island" syndrome is the fact that work in one location doesn't translate elsewhere.

They could create ways to exchange standing items at a lower efficiency for universal ones, say I were grinding tokens on Deimos but had a bunch of leftover tokens that I don't need anymore, make it possible to exchange a selection of those tokens for a Universal one, obviously not 1-to-1 in conversions but something like 1,500 standing from one place into one Universal would work for example.

They could even make exchanges for things like Syndicate Medallions to encourage players to look for them since they'd be somewhat transferable too.

Making progression more fluid would also help out new players too, so that even if you're focusing on farming one area you can take the excess portions of that standing elsewhere.

Reminds me of an idea I had but never put to words.

For Syndicates, have a purchasable item, that can be redeemed with the same Syndicate.

They essentially function as "Reputation Storage" so you're not left with max Standing with nothing to spend on. (Personally I always spend mine on Relics) but it'd be useful for hardcore farmers to stash a bunch of their Reputation to save for a later day, such as a new Prime or Unvaulting, then converting that back into standing to use for Relic packs.

8 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Universal Medallions despite their inherantly low value (Only 1k standing)

They're worth 5k standing Either it's a Mandella Effect on my part or DE changed something under the hood

8 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I know, we've all been wanting it for years but a handful of people convinced DE otherwise.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)InductiveBag46 said:

Fr tho all it took to change steves mind was 1 tweet.

I hate this narrative that "oh a tiny subset complained, now we can't have nice things"

You should not be allowed to grind PvE content for PvP prestige. This is why, in Smash Ultimate, you can't play in Elite Smash just by grinding the story mode

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I hate this narrative that "oh a tiny subset complained, now we can't have nice things"

You should not be allowed to grind PvE content for PvP prestige. This is why, in Smash Ultimate, you can't play in Elite Smash just by grinding the story mode

Smash Ultimate actually has a strong community still playing it though. Conclave doesn't.

I don't think "invite your friend to artifically farm conclave standing" was what DE had in mind for Conclave.

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Hot take: It was completely unbalanced, but Dark Sector PvP was more fun than Conclave has ever been.

And we actually got rewarded in credits for playing it too.

I was such a nublet at the time I tried once accidentally and then got intimidated and didn't play them anymore -- it was near their end anyway when I started I believe. I started during The Archwing Update, which I believe was U15, and Dark Sector Armistice started U16.  

I would love to see them back, but heavily reworked, to avoid the myriad issues I versed myself in after the fact with a lot reading up on the subject. I don't want to derail this thread getting into all the issues with the old Dark Sector PvP, but I wish they had just fixed it instead of throwing out the baby Tenno with the bad amniotic fluid. 

Wait PvP is actually a thing?

I thought it was a joke or something.

I dislike pvp so I never looked into it.

As for steve wasn't he the one that striped blink from a archwing and replaced it with Valkri zip line become he was salty as many liked the archwing over the more or less useless hover board?

If he is easily offended/swayed I could see him doing something to force pvp onto people if he has a soft spot for pvp, lol

1 hour ago, (PSN)Jason_V_Jade said:

As for steve wasn't he the one that striped blink from a archwing and replaced it with Valkri zip line become he was salty as many liked the archwing over the more or less useless hover board?9

That was Scott iirc

But I do agree that Itzal needs a better power than valkyr zipline

3 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

That was Scott iirc

But I do agree that Itzal needs a better power than valkyr zipline

God yes. Poor Itzal. 

My one archwing that is multi-forma'd, and it is lagging behind pitifully. The ripline thing needs to go in the trash. I'd take literally anything else. 

But then, from people with regular experience with all archwings, I have heard pretty much everything but Amesha is below par these days. 

28 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

God yes. Poor Itzal. 

My one archwing that is multi-forma'd, and it is lagging behind pitifully. The ripline thing needs to go in the trash. I'd take literally anything else. 

But then, from people with regular experience with all archwings, I have heard pretty much everything but Amesha is below par these days. 

I was thinking of saying that myself. Amesha is the only one who can survive solo out in Railjack missions. All the others get bombarded with too much damage, regularly oneshot, with shield gating being their only protective layer.

I'd recommend removing the Odonata's flares, the Elytron's exhaust ability and the Itzal's ripline and replace them with abilities that can allow them to survive out in high level Railjack missions without the fear of being instantly oneshot.

20 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I was thinking of saying that myself. Amesha is the only one who can survive solo out in Railjack missions. All the others get bombarded with too much damage, regularly oneshot, with shield gating being their only protective layer.

I'd recommend removing the Odonata's flares, the Elytron's exhaust ability and the Itzal's ripline and replace them with abilities that can allow them to survive out in high level Railjack missions without the fear of being instantly oneshot.

I think that would be a good change. 

Right now they just aren't viable in RJ outside Amesha. I wasn't sure if it was just my Itzal, but is something I have noticed very clearly. If I get targeted by a crewship before I can board it, it's over. I lose a revive. There is almost no way around it. I just get totally smash'd and I have no chance, all my abilities together just aren't enough. 

Edit: I'll add I also have enough forma for full archwing mods, but I don't stand a chance of survival against crewships. 

22 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I think a neat compromise would be allowing both Syndicate and Universal Medallions to be found randomly in any mission. Similar to Rare/Reinforced Containers or Ayatan Sculptures.

Since having regular Syndicate medallions might be confusing for unaligned teammates, why not have higher and lower tiers of Universal Medallions and just use those? Syndicate-specific medallions could be left in their missions, with Universal Medallions everywhere else. Add a 500-point medallion and a 5,000 point Universal Medallion and make the existing ones the middle tier. Another option is that the 6 main Syndicates could sell Universal Medallions for standing, so you could spend standing you get normally to convert to other factions at a lower rate. Either way there's not really a balance problem, since Universal Medallions already count against the daily standing cap and are limited in that way.

Be nice since so far my reaction to getting a universal medallion is "dammit, junk drop" when I'm trying to get axi relics. Honestly want umbra echoes instead at least would have more worthwhile use

18 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

It was one tweet that changed the devs mind over the majority praised the medallions were being able to be used for conclave. It's one of DE's blunders that needs to be criticised heavily.

18 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Then by this logic you shouldn't be able to use any warframes and weapons you acquired through playing warframe's pve in conclave. I never like the "pvp and pve should be separate logic" cause then shouldn't they just ve separate games then?

And  alot people ingore that conclave is the rotting whale carcass on the beach of warframe, no one wants to go near it cause you can see (and smell) what exactly is going with it and are just wondering when hell are they going to get rid of it so we can use the space for something else.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

... If I get targeted by a crewship before I can board it, it's over. I lose a revive. There is almost no way around it ...

Have you modded your railjack turrets and archguns for status chance/duration and cold damage? Cold temporarily paralyses crewships. Imperator does a decent job at winning some time for boarding.

Archived