Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Body Counts in the house!

(PSN)ELTETMU

Question

Hi my good peeps.

Ok, so I finally figured out while one of my most successful and enjoyable builds was getting such a loooong combo count.

It wasn't the Count, but Ash with the Rising Storm mod.

Jump ahead a few years and no one is using Body Count or Drifting Contact it seems any more from the videos and OverFrame builds from the elite players. I'm not a zippy player and have found I do my best with at least a 10 sec combo count.

I'm probably the slowest unparkour Warframe players you'll ever meet, lol.  I just equipped Mobilize at the expense of Streamline to keep up with you kids!  

Anyways, today I rolled a Hirudo Groll first chance.  it can infinitely keep me 12XRedKrit.

My real question is why has Drifting and Body Count fallen out of stardom?

Or has it really?

6 answers to this question

The main reason combo count has mostly been dropped from the meta is, you no longer need it to deal huge melee damage. A heavy attack crit build is enough to deal with the vast majority of enemies in the game, and you don't have to worry about maintaining a high combo count. A combo build with blood rush etc will eventually do more damage, once you get it stacked high enough, but even on Steel Path you rarely need that kind of output, especially when it takes so much effort to maintain your combo stack (relative to just not worrying about it at all, anyway).

11 minutes ago, (PSN)ELTETMU said:

My real question is why has Drifting and Body Count fallen out of stardom?

My feeling would be that the multiplier is now capped at 12X and is quite easy to achieve. The mods are just not particularly useful with the current system. I could be wrong of course, but I haven't used them since that change was made.

I think it's because heavy attack builds are a thing now.

People love seeing big numbers more than dealing a consistent amount of damage quickly.

The old builds with combo duration still work, it's just that heavy attacks are the "new" thing and lots of people are still trying these out. It's a different playstyle to explore.

I still run duration on my builds, but I do have a heavy attack Redeemer ready, just in case I need to go Tridolon hunting some day.

thank you all for the information, it's greatly appreciated.

I did a heavy attack Sevagoth Shadow with Corrupt Charge, etc... the works.  it does absurd red crit but at the end of the day I like spamming light attack more.  if somehow in a future update it was hold Circle for heavy attack rather than R3 I would definitely enjoy it more.

Again, thanks everyone.

Archived