Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Children of the Void: A idea for an event/quest

Brinstar7777

Investors-

I have an ambitious new proposition. Yes, this is going down research routes similar to the Zanuka project, but here me out. As you know, even the toughest security proxies are no match for the tenno. So, instead of grafting tenno components onto proxies in hopes of making them better suited to fighting the tenno, why don't we just make our own tenno, and use THEM to fend off the tenno?

Does it sound crazy? Most definitely. But I have a means to do it. You see, the tenno are really puppets, controlled with strings of void energy by beings the grineer refer to as 'dreamers'. Further research reveals that these 'dreamers' are children who were exposed to void energy. All we need to do is 'recruit' a few children, expose them to void energy, and we have some 'dreamers' of our own. From there, all we need are some Warframes, and we'll have our own tenno security proxies! And I have a few specific children in mind; a group that calls themselves the 'ventkids'...

-Alad V

Tenno-

Solaris. You have heard the ventkids playing their Skreg music at night. Whether you like them or hate them for that, know this: they are being taken. And while Nef Anyo is not responsible, he has refused to help. The ventkids are our family, whether you like that or not. Their kidnapping will not go unpunished. To whoever is responsible, know this: You will be found. To the Solaris: prepare to enact justice. To those who have aided us in the past: join us now, for you are needed.

-Vox

How this would work:
Basically, the event comes with two types of missions: Warframe Recovery and Ventkid Rescue. In warframe recovery, you must sneak into enemy vaults and recover warframes in those vaults. In Ventkid rescue, you must rescue the Void-infused ventkids who are being forced to pilot said warframes.

Moreover, every player is marked for death by a Corpus Tenno for the duration of the event. Everyone so marked has a chance of encountering a Corpus Tenno, and the chance fluxuates based on how many Void-infused ventkids and warframes the corpus have. These corpus Tenno work like the spectres in the rail, appearing and using their abilities to try and kill you by any means possible.

Archived