Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma rework idea

(XBOX)ONESH0TLEFT1825

Chroma is one of those frames that only has 2 useful abilities. The 2 abilities that are useful get the job done but i thought of this rework to make all of his abilities viable

Passive: Deal increased elemental damage

Ability 1 - Soaring Fury: Use a pair of wings to fly over enemies and use spectral scream to do damage (spectral scream now has more range and deals a lot more damage) or use primary/secondary weapons.

Ability 2 - Elemental Ward: No changes

Ability 3 - Vex Armor: No changes

Ability 4 - Dragon Storm: Summon an exalted dragon that deals massive elemental damage and swoops over enemies, knocking them down.

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)ONESH0TLEFT1825 said:

Chroma is one of those frames that only has 2 useful abilities. The 2 abilities that are useful get the job done but i thought of this rework to make all of his abilities viable

Passive: Deal increased elemental damage

Ability 1 - Soaring Fury: Use a pair of wings to fly over enemies and use spectral scream to do damage (spectral scream now has more range and deals a lot more damage) or use primary/secondary weapons.

Ability 2 - Elemental Ward: No changes

Ability 3 - Vex Armor: No changes

Ability 4 - Dragon Storm: Summon an exalted dragon that deals massive elemental damage and swoops over enemies, knocking them down.

The few changes/additions I feel should be done are:

Ability 4 - turn Effigy into an sentinel. Instead of sitting in one place, it follows Chroma like a sentinel. Holding while active can channel and send it flying into enemies then it returns.

Ability 3 - Vex Armor gets changed into a channeling ability that channels the shields and health into the buff instead of waiting for enemies to attack. Waiting is either too long or too risky depending on enemy level. And becomes a pain when in public games. Channeling shields and health would be no different than self damage. Also could buff up Effigy as well.

Ability 2 - tap to change attribute, hold to cast.

Ability 1 - tap to shoot an elemental explosive, hold to fire a stream. The longer it’s held, the further it stretches. Powered by the second ability elemental change and gains increased status. Third increases the damage some. If used while Effigy is out, Effigy will also fire. 

That’s my suggestions. Would not completely change chroma nor remove his Uniqueness while making him more usable for more than just buffs. Also add synergy to his kit. Wouldn’t be considered too OP cause it would cost a lot of energy to utilize his full kit for maximum damage. But that’s usually where coordinated teammates come into play. 

Great ideas there ! Chroma is one of my favourite frames (and definitely the best looking one out there for me !)

But I always felt that his 1, 3 and 4th ability could be bettered.

The previous answers for 1 and 3 are great ideas ! And for the 4th, I totally agree with the sentinel concept of it !

I hope one day they'll try to rework a bit that magnificent dragon Lord :heart:

Have a nice time Tenno :community:

• 2 months later...

Hello guys, i would like to give my ideas to a chroma rework abilities that i hope DE will see and may take some ideas from it or even change few things to fit their convinience......So lets begin and please read until the very end !!!

Passive :

Chroma could keep the fact that he has a second double jump. (it might be great with the use of a sniper or the strongest bows) but he could also have the ability that no other warframe will have and it is to be able to have self-damage on its own because now no one use chroma because of the fact that we can't get a high porcentage with vex armor without it.

1st Ability :

The same old spectral scream we have always know with of course the ability of choosing a element between fire, ice, electricity, and poison but it has way more punch (so we keep the 100% statut) And it has a synergy with the 2nd ability that i will explain soon.

2nd Ability :

Same old elemental ward with the effects that are provided by the elements ( fire give more health, ice give more armor, electricity give more shields, and poison has a chance of dealing poisoning to ennemies ) BUT lets talk about the synergy i've imagined !!! So my idea is based on the fact that  we can have now a fire breath but having at the same time a ice shield, correct ? So why not fuse the two differents elements. Let me explain, if at some point in a mission you need more armor then you can change the element to ice, cast the ice armor and then change the element to fire and so combine the elements and making a more powerful breath that deal explosive damage (blast) and there is 6 combination in total and if you had the same element in both abilities it just make the elemental breath even more powerful and thank to my idea chroma will be able to deal with every kind of foe and to use that combined element ability you only need to press one more time the 1st ability button after chose the elements like a normal spectral scream cast.

So let me explain my vision of this synergy and all combined elements of what it should looks like but of course they keep their advantage like Corrosive still strip ennemies armor by 25% or even more if we use vex armor and etc... :

Heat + Cold : Blast -> Release multiple fire stream that froze anything it touch and then the crystals explode after few seconds.

Electricity + toxin : Corrosive -> Release acid puddle on the path of Chroma where it aimed.

Heat + Toxin : Gas -> Release and spread clouds of gas that have a high chance to poisons anyone who dare breathes them.

Cold + Electricity : Release some sort of sphere made with ElectroMagnetic Pulse the disrupt the ennemies shields.

Heat + Electricity : Radiation -> Release a nuclear beam like Wisp more or less but with less graphics details than wisp. 

Cold + Toxin : Viral -> Release spores in the air that goes randomly around chroma and infect any foes to close to him. 

3rd Ability :

Typicaly a huge buff to vex armor so it still gives an enormous damage stacks to his abilities, weapons and like elemental ward, he shares it with fellow tenno on his team but with something new.......We all know that chroma transforms the damage he recieve into energy that make him stronger but my guess is where does all that energy go after the time limit, did it simply vanish ??

So my idea is that chroma could store all the energy he would amass during that time period and when he reach the limit, he focus all of the porcentage he got into a energy orb (with the size of an hand) on the palm of his right hand and then break it by clench his fist, this will create an huge burst so to say a massive explosion that will do void + current element of spectral scream damage. Or it can be something other than that, DE will be the judge of the final decision ;) 

4th Ability : 

For the ultimate, i have thought that we could keep the name effigy but change the whole ability by making chroma turn himself into a dragon. This ability, even so will be really good at apparence could make all of his abilities have a great range  so we can share even more buffs to far allies on the map and because vex armor boost only the damages not the range.

I know there will be size problems so i think that on this form, chroma should stand on his arms and legs like an horse and will be big enough to still passes doors but bigger than his human size. In apparence, his wings will always been active. His claws, horns, tails, arms , legs and his neck will grow and gets bigger and sharper during the time limit and because of the fact that he can't use his weapons but only his abilities, and his signature melee weapon will be his tail. And with the different skin chroma has, he could transform into different types of dragon, for exemple a chinese dragon like with the dinasty deluxe skin but i understand that it will take an huge effort from DE to make all those dragons forms.

I really hope that you guys enjoy reading my ideas on this topic, and if so, don't hesitate to take and share those ideas so DE could saw them and maybe (in my dreams) they will apply and add them to the game so we can all enjoy chroma, the elemental dragon frame, once again !!!

(Ps: if you want to take my idea and call them your own I don't mind at all, you can even upgrade them at will. All I wish is to see one day those new power be given to chroma, my favorite warframe. )

• 2 weeks later...

Really good ideas in this forum! I would like to share my ideas for a chroma rework as well. 

Passive: Keep current double jump passive but add a new passive surrounded around the concept of a dragon's hoard. Like giving small bonuses when a certain amount of credit is obtained.(Ex. Receiving a 10% crit rate bonus after obtaining 500 credits in the current mission.) With different bonuses at different amount gained. Maybe add a credit counter in the UI like nidus's mutation stack counter to keep track.

Ability 1: Change to a channeling ability that sprouts wings from chroma's back(Like his current passive) that provide a damage reduction from behind and occasionally flap to release a damaging wave of the current selected element in front of chroma. Maybe also make it give a minor elemental weapon damage bonus based on the current element and maybe make it have some self damage to synergize with vex armor. 

Ability 2: Keep the same. I personally am satisfied with this ability as it is.

Ability 3: Keep the same. Same as elemental ward, pretty good as is.

Ability 4: Change Effigy so that it actually costs credits to cast the ability(Like coaxing the dragon to work with you with gold) and be a duration based ability. The amount used to cast should be easy to regain through killing enemies while effigy's credit bonuses are active. Effigy will be able to be picked up and carried(Like with volt's shields)by chroma while acting like a sentinel, attacking enemy through the spectral scream attack. The damage and range scaling of this is buffed to make it have a more significant presence but maybe lower the buff it receives from vex armor so that it good without vex buff and great with it but not nutty with it.  

This is my idea of a rework. If anyone thinks this is a good idea you may use it or build upon it to make your own version. I just hope that DE takes more looks that frames that have abilities that don't see much use and reworks them in the future. Chroma prime was my first prime so he holds a special position in my roster.

Hello guys, i would like to give my ideas to a chroma rework abilities that i hope DE will see and may take some ideas from it or even change few things to fit their convinience......So lets begin and please read until the very end !!!

Passive :

Chroma could keep the fact that he has a second double jump. (it might be great with the use of a sniper or the strongest bows) but he could also have the ability that no other warframe will have and it is to be able to have self-damage on its own because now no one use chroma because of the fact that we can't get a high porcentage with vex armor without it.

1st Ability :

The same old spectral scream we have always know with of course the ability of choosing a element between fire, ice, electricity, and poison but it has way more punch (so we keep the 100% statut) And it has a synergy with the 2nd ability that i will explain soon.

2nd Ability :

Same old elemental ward with the effects that are provided by the elements ( fire give more health, ice give more armor, electricity give more shields, and poison has a chance of dealing poisoning to ennemies ) BUT lets talk about the synergy i've imagined !!! So my idea is based on the fact that  we can have now a fire breath but having at the same time a ice shield, correct ? So why not fuse the two differents elements. Let me explain, if at some point in a mission you need more armor then you can change the element to ice, cast the ice armor and then change the element to fire and so combine the elements and making a more powerful breath that deal explosive damage (blast) and there is 6 combination in total and if you had the same element in both abilities it just make the elemental breath even more powerful and thank to my idea chroma will be able to deal with every kind of foe and to use that combined element ability you only need to press one more time the 1st ability button after chose the elements like a normal spectral scream cast.

So let me explain my vision of this synergy and all combined elements of what it should looks like but of course they keep their advantage like Corrosive still strip ennemies armor by 25% or even more if we use vex armor and etc... :

Heat + Cold : Blast -> Release multiple fire stream that froze anything it touch and then the crystals explode after few seconds.

Electricity + toxin : Corrosive -> Release acid puddle on the path of Chroma where it aimed.

Heat + Toxin : Gas -> Release and spread clouds of gas that have a high chance to poisons anyone who dare breathes them.

Cold + Electricity : Release some sort of sphere made with ElectroMagnetic Pulse the disrupt the ennemies shields.

Heat + Electricity : Radiation -> Release a nuclear beam like Wisp more or less but with less graphics details than wisp. 

Cold + Toxin : Viral -> Release spores in the air that goes randomly around chroma and infect any foes to close to him. 

3rd Ability :

Typicaly a huge buff to vex armor so it still gives an enormous damage stacks to his abilities, weapons and like elemental ward, he shares it with fellow tenno on his team but with something new.......We all know that chroma transforms the damage he recieve into energy that make him stronger but my guess is where does all that energy go after the time limit, did it simply vanish ??

So my idea is that chroma could store all the energy he would amass during that time period and when he reach the limit, he focus all of the porcentage he got into a energy orb (with the size of an hand) on the palm of his right hand and then break it by clench his fist, this will create an huge burst so to say a massive explosion that will do void + current element of spectral scream damage. Or it can be something other than that, DE will be the judge of the final decision ;) 

4th Ability : 

For the ultimate, i have thought that we could keep the name effigy but change the whole ability by making chroma turn himself into a dragon. This ability, even so will be really good at apparence could make all of his abilities have a great range  so we can share even more buffs to far allies on the map and because vex armor boost only the damages not the range.

I know there will be size problems so i think that on this form, chroma should stand on his arms and legs like an horse and will be big enough to still passes doors but bigger than his human size. In apparence, his wings will always been active. His claws, horns, tails, arms , legs and his neck will grow and gets bigger and sharper during the time limit and because of the fact that he can't use his weapons but only his abilities, and his signature melee weapon will be his tail. And with the different skin chroma has, he could transform into different types of dragon, for exemple a chinese dragon like with the dinasty deluxe skin but i understand that it will take an huge effort from DE to make all those dragons forms.

I really hope that you guys enjoy reading my ideas on this topic, and if so, don't hesitate to take and share those ideas so DE could saw them and maybe (in my dreams) they will apply and add them to the game so we can all enjoy chroma, the elemental dragon frame, once again !!!

(Ps: if you want to take my idea and call them your own I don't mind at all, you can even upgrade them at will. All I wish is to see one day those new power be given to chroma, my favorite warframe. )

Archived