Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios/Deconstructor/Sentinel changes.

(XBOX)Hotrod2K13

So Corpus Railjack has been somewhat of a nuisance to run, overall pretty great.

My personal dilemma is this: I run with Helios, because I love to see the little guy excited when new content comes out. Bonus, Deconstructor is DEADLY accurate. However, even with survivability mods, he still falls over like a wet noodle, and I have to take a dive to revive him. The electric procs on frames make it worse, because it damages sentinels.

I'd like to propose several solutions, and a small reason why it'd be a good thing.

A) Disable the electric proc damaging sentinels. Increases sentinel survivability.

B) Allow sentinels to use the link mods (link health, shields, armor) that the MOA's can already use. Also same reason, Survival.

C) Decouple Deconstructor/Prime from Helios exclusivity. Would allow variation in options, like MOA's

D) Introduce a new robotic (thrown?)melee weapon. Same reason again, variation.

E) Any multiple combo of choices

Thoughts from the community?

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Hotrod2K13 said:

C) Decouple Deconstructor/Prime from Helios exclusivity. Would allow variation in options, like MOA's

This doesn't work as it is meant to be Helios throwing his body, not an actual weapon. The other sentinels are not set up for this.

As for the other suggestions: sure, they sound good.

It's not a good sign that even with Primed Bandaid Regen, we can't keep our sentinels alive in an increasing variety of situations.

Giving them access to the "Link" mods would be a great start.

I'm wondering if something like Reawaken needs to be made available to all sentinels - heck, just make it a standard feature without needing a precept, with the "regen" mods reducing its cooldown length.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Hotrod2K13 said:

A) Disable the electric proc damaging sentinels. Increases sentinel survivability

Yes, Sentinels are far too weak to any kind of AoE - they'd get annihilated in Scarlet Spear too, it was impossible to keep them alive.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Hotrod2K13 said:

E) Any multiple combo of choices

May I suggest...

F) Sentinel summon gear wheel item. Summons new sentinel, but locks you vulnerable in place for 5s so you can't use it mid combat. Possibly with crafted charges.

On 2021-04-25 at 7:56 AM, krc473 said:

This doesn't work as it is meant to be Helios throwing his body, not an actual weapon. The other sentinels are not set up for this.

Indeed, though I guess you could just have the rest shoot generic (space-magic-created) projectiles rather than parts of their own body.

On 2021-04-25 at 7:46 AM, (XBOX)Hotrod2K13 said:

sentinel survivability

I still say just make all Companions immortal.

Have them enter a cooldown state after taking "lethal" damage, which shuts down offensive capabilities and stuff
- meaning unlike pure invincibility, there's still a point to employing protective measures -
but leaves support functions like Animal Instinct / Vacuum / Set Mod effects active.

Mods for revival / Bleedout / whatnot could be reworked to affect the cooldown duration.

In addition, make Companions fully invincible (and stop attacking) during Operator mode, like how it (usually) works with Frames.

On 2021-04-26 at 5:10 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Indeed, though I guess you could just have the rest shoot generic (space-magic-created) projectiles rather than parts of their own body.

I still say just make all Companions immortal.

Have them enter a cooldown state after taking "lethal" damage, which shuts down offensive capabilities and stuff
- meaning unlike pure invincibility, there's still a point to employing protective measures -
but leaves support functions like Animal Instinct / Vacuum / Set Mod effects active.

Mods for revival / Bleedout / whatnot could be reworked to affect the cooldown duration.

In addition, make Companions fully invincible (and stop attacking) during Operator mode, like how it (usually) works with Frames.

I like that. A lot.

The kubrows/kavats/whatever would run off, yelping, to go lick their wounds someplace quiet. Conceptually. Really, they'd just run off and despawn for a bit. Then return after the cooldown.

The sentinels would just float there emitting showers of sparks and wigging out. Then "reboot" after the cooldown. Maybe add some subtle sentinel sounds as an audio cure, unique to each, to be equivalent to the pet's yelping.

And add a precept that, perhaps along with a slight buff to help justify using a mod slot, becomes the new start point for precept order following a reboot. Adding a bit of a programming angle where the player can, essentially, configure the sentinel to prioritize combat and maximizing uptime during high-level content that's proving to be rough on our robot pal. Without having to go back and change builds.

Archived