Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is this room?

MollAgdeduba

no idea specifically. they appear to be part of a much larger machine, such as an engine, or a heavy artillery cannon: whatever it is, it produces so much energy that some of it has to be vented into a larger area, though this presents an obvious safety hazard to corpus personnel, hence the Orange warning banners that can be seen on the walkway underneath.

the energy looks much like Void energy, so it could be some kind of rudimentary Void-Powered engine, and since it can't contain energy like our Railjack's Reliquary Drives can, it has to vent energy every so often, or else it might overload and go boom. but that's just my theory. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

no idea specifically. they appear to be part of a much larger machine, such as an engine, or a heavy artillery cannon: whatever it is, it produces so much energy that some of it has to be vented into a larger area, though this presents an obvious safety hazard to corpus personnel, hence the Orange warning banners that can be seen on the walkway underneath.

the energy looks much like Void energy, so it could be some kind of rudimentary Void-Powered engine, and since it can't contain energy like our Railjack's Reliquary Drives can, it has to vent energy every so often, or else it might overload and go boom. but that's just my theory. 

Plus 1 for the most thought out sensible answer. :) unlike mine

As someone who has studied vehicle maintenance, it looks to me like some sort of Void-based engine (the presence of four identical structures periodically emitting energy makes me think it's the equivalent of either the exhaust manifold or the cylinders).

No idea why there appear to be terminals located directly under where the energy discharges though. Seems like it would be a safety hazard.

6 hours ago, Corvid said:

No idea why there appear to be terminals located directly under where the energy discharges though. Seems like it would be a safety hazard.

Says you

Seriously tho, we know Parvos & Vala have a connection to the Void, & we pretty much know they'll work together to make the Queenpins,, as teased by DE

I had a theory that Queenpins may use the Void to some degree, like how Kuva Liches can resurrect thanks to Kuva, they could use the Void to reverse their deaths. So that may just be a way to show that the Corpus are already working more & more on Void technology

9 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Hi, ive seen this room a lot of time, and each time i just passing away without make any question, but now i want to ask: What is this room? What's the purpose, what are they doing here and how? 

strangeroom.jpg

Any idea?

It's a teleporter

Corpus use teleporter technology to both beam reinforcements planetside (Orb Vallis) and board Grineer galleons (old Invasion missions).

Why the hell the portals are over OPEN AIR is a mystery to everyone but the level designer, because in old invasion missions (circa 2015/2016) they put the portals on a normal walkway like one would expect

23 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Hi, ive seen this room a lot of time, and each time i just passing away without make any question, but now i want to ask: What is this room? What's the purpose, what are they doing here and how? 

Any idea?

If you're curious what the devs meant it to be, you can sometimes get an idea by making a screenshot with the ingame-hotkey (F6), then looking at the metadata. It'll have the dev name somewhere in there. For example with Gimp:

qB0DTX5.png

In this case it's IntWarehouse02, which sadly is pretty generic.

what goes on at any of the locations in this game?

the ships especially are insane. huge massive ships that are nothing but large open rooms and hallways. an endless sprawling hulk of a ship with limitless personnel, but no machinery, equipment, mess halls, barracks, command centers, nothing...just endless open corridors and cavernous rooms to be shooting galleries and slaughter fields.

dont try to make it make sense. its a game. it doesnt make any sense at all.

6 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

In this case it's IntWarehouse02

That lines up with the Captura scene for the room being titled "Corpus Depository". It's a storeroom.

13 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

what goes on at any of the locations in this game?

A lot of the time (especially newer tilesets like the Gas City and Corpus Ship reworks), you can learn a lot by exploring the environment and observing the visual scenery. Many, if not most, of the rooms have purposes that you can infer from observation. The room here in question is a bit more obscure than most.

16 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

an endless sprawling hulk of a ship with limitless personnel, but no machinery, equipment, mess halls, barracks, command centers

The ships are full of machinery and equipment. A lot of it is hidden in the walls. Almost every room has one of the wall panels opened, revealing items inside – sometimes tools, sometimes computer terminals, sometimes crates marked "Supplies". There is integral machinery everywhere, as well as Domestik Drones, propaganda drones, and heavy lift cart vehicles. Lots of electronics and communications terminals are placed around the edges of rooms or underneath the floor, beneath glass. You can see people working at the computers. I'll agree that there is no mess hall or barracks that I can recall (although the Grineer Asteroid tileset got some barracks rooms a few years back). As for command centres, there is a tile marked "Bridge" and it shows up in normal missions rather frequently.

8 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

The ships are full of machinery and equipment. A lot of it is hidden in the walls. Almost every room has one of the wall panels opened, revealing items inside – sometimes tools, sometimes computer terminals, sometimes crates marked "Supplies". There is integral machinery everywhere, as well as Domestik Drones, propaganda drones, and heavy lift cart vehicles. Lots of electronics and communications terminals are placed around the edges of rooms or underneath the floor, beneath glass. You can see people working at the computers. I'll agree that there is no mess hall or barracks that I can recall (although the Grineer Asteroid tileset got some barracks rooms a few years back). As for command centres, there is a tile marked "Bridge" and it shows up in normal missions rather frequently.

lol....none of that even begins to explain anything. what you describe is simple scenery. there is no logical explanation for the function or purpose of any of these ships...nor to explain the massive sizes that are comprised of 90% open space.

what youre doing is trying to rationalize the decorations with their placement...which is backwards design. "that control panel is there on the wall because of the machinery behind it."....no....you think theres machinery behind it because they put a control panel there.

yes yes...i know, we need a place to run around and kill things, that is the one and only reason these ships are the size they are. there is no lore friendly explanation for any of this.
ships the size of small cities...almost entirely empty. theres no point in trying to make it make sense...de doesnt bother to do so. they are pretty set pieces and nothing more....which is fine...thats all they need to be.

14 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

"that control panel is there on the wall because of the machinery behind it."....no....you think theres machinery behind it because they put a control panel there.

The wall panels are literally open to show you what's behind them.

23 hours ago, Corvid said:

I mean... yeah. It's blasting a stream of energy directly over the head of anyone stationed at that console, without any form of blast shielding or containment.

High grade Corpus decision-making: The cheap dosimeters say it's just 3.6 Roentgen. Not great not terrible. Who needs blast shielding?

Sure it makes sense...we're at war. All non combat personnel and supplies are transported off the ship and, therefore, full functionality is not seen. Also, I don't expect future ships to be combat only or civilian only if it's that large. Removed civilian resources would make for an empty ship.

Yeah, localised portal technology exists with the Corpus so I'd say it's that.

I say localised because I don't think it can be used to, for example. Travel across the entire Origin system or to the neighbouring system of Tau.

Archived