Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does this really need to be said about Vox Solaris farm?

Redfeather75

It is lifeless and poorly designed. 15 gyromags to rank up and the fastest way of doing that is spending hours doing the same 3 minute mission over and over again for days. And it's so broke to the point where the dialgue of the mission is still playing while back in fortuna grabbing the same mission over again. Who is actually designing and green lighting this stuff.

Those ProfitTaker missions don't give Vox Solaris standing either.

I feel it should give Vox Solaris standing instead of Solar United standing, since you had to max out SU just to unlock Vox anyways.

Solaris United standing has way more sources compared to Vox Solaris being almost exclusively Toroids only.

Alternate sources are recycling your amps and those universal syndicate coins.

5 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Those ProfitTaker missions don't give Vox Solaris standing either.

I feel it should give Vox Solaris standing instead of Solar United standing, since you had to max out SU just to unlock Vox anyways.

Solaris United standing has way more sources compared to Vox Solaris being almost exclusively Toroids only.

Alternate sources are recycling your amps and those universal syndicate coins.

I have done all missions. Done profit taker boss 4 times. Did phase 2 farm according to guide for half an hour. I am at 0/15 gyromags and that is all I need to rank up. I was told it gets even worse later.

DE added all three system types to the vox solaris shop but in their infinite wisdom you need to be rank 3 vox. Classic monkey paw change. For atmo systems you will also have to farm them but the repeller systems you'll just be able to buy for vox standing when you need them for the rank ups.

1 hour ago, Redfeather75 said:

I have done the mission over 12 times now and not 1 gyromag

12 profit taker runs and not one time the gyromag system dropped. oof thats some bad RNG. almost if just as worse when im cracking rad relics and only get common parts.

i think i made it to Rank 5 Vox Solaris in 1-2 weeks from Rank 0. only issue i had was the toroid farm . . . that was a pain. 

tbh i think the grind is worth you get the better amp parts, hildryn/baruuk, and magus lockdown/ repair.

The first 3 stages are all supposed to have a 25% chance of 5 Gyromags with the 4th stage having a 28.57% chance.  Unfortunately random chance means some will get them in 3 runs and others, roughly 3% of people, will take over 12 runs.  If a specific stage is getting tiring then consider running one of the others for what little variety that'll give.  They might take longer but a different stage will ease the burnout.

2 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

It is lifeless and poorly designed. 15 gyromags to rank up and the fastest way of doing that is spending hours doing the same 3 minute mission over and over again for days. And it's so broke to the point where the dialgue of the mission is still playing while back in fortuna grabbing the same mission over again. Who is actually designing and green lighting this stuff.

My hearty +1 to this.

Vox Solaris was by far the worst grind I've experienced in Warframe so far.

Oh, dear... Yeah, I'd completely forgotten about Toroids and Systems. Boy, that was not a fun grind, was it? Yeah, you don't have much of a choice but to grind the Tier 2 Profit Taker bounty A LOT. I wish there were a better way, but that ship has sailed. DE don't go back to fix old content. Most of the time, they plough ahead with new content unless it affects old systems. That's one reason why the "try it, you might like it" approach doesn't work. By the time I'm done "trying it," it's usually too late to change it.

If you spam a little here and there casually you'll get it eventually. We all did it. Trying to spam it repeatedly until you get it is obsessive and not worth it. 

Keep in mind that grind is more closer to advanced/end of the game due to giving you access to profit taker, exploiter, and vox arcanes which sell for 150 to 250p for R5s. You're kinda supposed to work towards it. It's not gonna come in 1 day. 

I believe I'm still only rank 1 with Vox.

I can't curse Vox Solaris enough, so I wont string some sailor speech together and spare a reader.

And to hell with Toroids.    How do you rank Onko?  You fight eidolons and in a few runs you have enough to max the faction (returning over x days to cap daily).    Necraloid?   You run some isovaults for some neat resources and mechs, and  before you know it you can max the faction.

And then there's Duck and her stupid toroids.   Run an obnoxious PT or Exploiter fight for a singular toroid and maybe a couple lesser toroids. 

• 3 months later...

making them purchasable after ranking up is a good move - it means, once you have done the grind to get there, you no longer need to grind it. For those gravimags, you can now just buy the gyromags instead of having to grind away over and over for them.  But letting you buy them from the start just removes the whole point of having them as rank-up requirements. And yes the RNG is a pain, but that's the case with every other aspect too. Medical debt bonds, weapon parts, frame parts, holokeys, everything.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Yeah, however, it's 2021 and there's still people who can't rank up to even get them, because of how rng works against them

the RNG does not "work against them", repeat the mission and eventually will get the drops. Its simple maths and time and is the same for all the missions and drops. The crazed hyperbole over a 25% drop rate is nuts. Just wait until you go for the Repellers!

... Jupiter super storms in a shot glass...

Know what the problem is? You're grinding FOR it... Grind for anything EXCEPT what you're looking for and you'll pick it all up without even noticing it.

That's how RNG works in a nutshell.

11 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Know what the problem is? You're grinding FOR it... Grind for anything EXCEPT what you're looking for and you'll pick it all up without even noticing it.

You're so right.  Was grinding for Khora Systems for weeks, kept getting her blueprints.  Finally got her Systems to drop after dozens of runs.  The very next SO I did to level up a frame, all four pieces of her dropped.  I couldn't believe it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-08-23 at 10:32 AM, Uhkretor said:

I don't think anything @Teamo1403 is doing is "the problem."

Warframe's One Job is to provide Teamo with fun. It isn't doing that. Hence, the problem lies with Warframe.

It isn't Teamo's job to police his aspirations.

2 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

Warframe's One Job is to provide Teamo with fun. It isn't doing that. Hence, the problem lies with Warframe.

It isn't Teamo's job to police his aspirations.

Ok... And that's your opinion...

Now, here's my opinion....

Just like the forum is filled with opinions, including my own opinions, regarding so many different things within the game and that isolating and trying to debate "fun" ends up being completely inconsequential and utterly useless for our lives as its a highly subjective matter that depends from player to player and never exactly the same between two players... And I do not discuss neither preferences or subjective matters as both, like I literally said just now, will vary from player to player and will also solely rely on that condition...

On 2021-08-23 at 3:32 PM, Uhkretor said:

... And there are several players that already saw a highly positive difference when they adopted ^this^ approach instead of focusing on a single item... So this isn't just my own random theory that I decided to pop from my backside and throw it at the screen.

... The approach matters. The wrong focus target will make it painful when it doesn't need to be...

I agree with this in principle. But not in this particular case. This thread is about the Gyromag Systems, Atmo Systems, and Repeller Systems, which can only be obtained from Vox Solaris (Profit Taker) Bounties. You can't just grind for "anything" and get these things passively, you have to do those specific bounties. [Remember that these items are also untradeable.]

Perhaps if those bounties had better alternate rewards than relics & arch-gun mods, or earned you more affinity, or credits, or something... then it would be worth farming them for something else to get the necessary rank-up rewards passively. 

In short,

Grind for anything EXCEPT what you're looking for

does not work if what you're grinding doesn't drop what you're looking for. 

On 2021-04-25 at 11:49 AM, Redfeather75 said:

I have done the mission over 12 times now and not 1 gyromag. But the people I grouped with said it is unfortunately the fastest way.

So do I quit warframe or commit to this awful thing.

We can't make that decision for you....

We can only confirm that yes... That is the fastest way and agree that it sucks Donkey Balls....

But should you quit or stay ?

I don't know..... All I can say is ITS GOING TO GET WORSE... 😥...

On 2021-04-25 at 12:37 PM, DrivaMain said:

Boy you should see the dreaded atmo system grind.

The Ultimate Progression Stopper... Smashing Monitors since 1998 😁 !!!

On 2021-04-25 at 12:59 PM, Redfeather75 said:

I was told it gets even worse later.

Sadly it does... 

On 2021-04-25 at 2:15 PM, Katinka said:

If a specific stage is getting tiring then consider running one of the others for what little variety that'll give. 

This is how I got the last 6 Atmo Systems I needed....

At the time I was farming them the 4th Heist had one less Item in the Uncommon Section compared to all the others for some Reason....

On a whim I did that bounty for a 2 Days and eventually got the Atmo Systems I needed....

This doesn't seem to be the case anymore... Now all the bounties have an Equal number of Items for each section in the Rarity.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh well...

On 2021-04-26 at 12:06 AM, Redfeather75 said:

I have like 9 resolute focus mods now. Crazy because it has a lower % than gyromag and I'm not getting gyromags. I gave up for the time being.

Stuff like this Happening is what led me to believe that the game is using 2 Stage Double RNG to screw you over.... 

The first layer of RNG determines which Rarity Pool the game is going to choose from.... Then the second layer of RNG chooses an item from that pool...

In simple terms... The only items you can expect to drop are whichever items has the highest Drop Chance Per section.... In other words.... As long as the Atmo Systems is not the highest Drop Chance in the Uncommon Section.... You are going to get the supposedly Rarer Items before ever seeing a single Atmo drop.... 

In short... DE is telling you to go f#_$ yourself... 

On 2021-08-23 at 7:21 AM, Teamo1403 said:

its 23 August and i still have an issue with the atmo systems, been 4 days and dozens if not hundreds of run without any single atmo systems. nice.

Like the others have said.... It gets worse... 😥... It always gets worse.

On 2021-08-23 at 4:32 PM, Uhkretor said:

Unfortunately this actually is the best Advice....

Infact it literally will not work any other way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived