Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Sol Gate Augment (add dmg to allies under motes while channeling)

sunderthefirmament

Sol Gate, Wisp's 4, has some kick to it, but it cannot hold a candle next to Wisp's other abilities.  Her 1 speaks for itself.  Her 3 lets Wisp nuke, even with a sniper rifle.  And her 2, though not used a ton, has a boatload of utility baked into it: stealth, invincibility, mobility, added nuking from her 3, etc.  As such, Wisp's 4 is a tempting target to Helminth away for something like Dispensary or Roar, allowing Wisp to be an even more potent support frame.  So maybe it's time for an augment.

I propose an augment for her 4 that adds damage (heat or radiation) to the attacks of all allies under the effects of at least one of her motes while she channels the Sol Gate.  It could steadily ramp up while she channels it.  It could also double in intensity while she empowers her beam (LMB default).  To give Wisp herself some benefit, the augment could also remove the maximum damage bonus (or maybe double it?) and/or increase the damage ramp up speed.

Here's why I think this augment would be a good idea:

• Fits support and DPS playstyle
  • Fits spirit/theme of Sol Gate ability (focus down an enemy or small group with unbridled power)
  • Encourages multiplayer use
  • Encourages use of niche ability
  • Strategic uses (Sol Gate isn't an ability that you just maintain all mission or cast on repeat)
  • Build friendly (no real need to re-forma to buff range or something)

I don't have number suggestions here, as that could all be subject to balance decisions.  I imagine you could look at those elemental damage augments like Smite Infusion for ideas, keeping in mind that this isn't just a fire and forget buff on a timer; it requires the Wisp to channel a costly beam to maintain it, and your allies need to be smart enough to occasionally touch your mote reservoirs to benefit from it as well.  I imagine the damage bonus could benefit from ability strength as those other elemental damage augments do.

Archived