(Ps5)Huge frame rate drop with pellets weapons(shotguns)o

(PSN)SignorCarlis

Since last update its impossible to shoot during glide or slide with pellets wepons,for instance i use kohm and brakk...even standing quick aim and shoot is impossible the frame rate freeze and i always find my crosshair elsewere.I tried to set all the settings to low but its the same,even playing solo or in simulacrum.

On 2021-04-25 at 10:16 AM, (PSN)SignorCarlis said:

Since last update its impossible to shoot during glide or slide with pellets wepons,for instance i use kohm and brakk...even standing quick aim and shoot is impossible the frame rate freeze and i always find my crosshair elsewere.I tried to set all the settings to low but its the same,even playing solo or in simulacrum.

Hi SignorCarlis, would it be possible to record a clip of this and share it with us? We're trying to track down the culprit, but it might help if we can see what you're seeing.

hi,i will try to do,i never recorded so i have to understend how,bit i will,since i tryed to play the pyrana and was unplayable like i said in the previous post,if i am the only one with this problem i assume that is an hardware problem,maybe my ps5 is faulty.

I have also been experiencing this since the last update. I have attached a video of a void fissure mission where you can see it occurring relatively badly at around the 35-40 second mark, and again at 1:20-1:25: (For reference, during the occurrence at 35-40 seconds I don't believe I let off the trigger, but you can hear my gun fire stuttering as if I was rapidly pressing and releasing R2)

I have experienced this on various mission types as well as if I am in solo or public matchmaking modes. I have also seen this when using a beam weapon such as the Nukor.

It is most noticeable when aiming down sights, as when it occurs it seems your inputs get 'stuck' for the duration of the freeze, causing what you intend to be a gentle aim to become a wild swing of the crosshairs.

I have added another video showing this where I purposefully only used my melee weapon. You can still see it occurring a few seconds into the video, once I attack the first group and then move my camera to the right to move towards the next. At this point the game hitches and then spins my view really far to the right, almost looking back where I came from. (11 seconds into the video)

This jittery behaviour then continues for a few more seconds as I move down the corridor and into the next room. (Until around 20 seconds)

You can see a repeat of the behaviour from 11 seconds at around the 55 second mark

And then several more periods of hitching from 2:10 to 2:20

I have seen this across multiple different game modes and tile sets, I have just recorded these from the same fissure mission as I was doing fissure missions tonight is all :)

Ok here is a much shorter video which I hope will demonstrate it better.

This is from a Deimos Exterminate solo mission, as you can see I am experiencing no issues in the first few seconds of the video, but as soon as my carrier starts firing on the three enemies in the room I start experiencing huge frame drops.

On 2021-05-05 at 4:59 AM, (PSN)Refugee said:

This is from a Deimos Exterminate solo mission, as you can see I am experiencing no issues in the first few seconds of the video, but as soon as my carrier starts firing on the three enemies in the room I start experiencing huge frame drops.

Thank you for these videos! We're still looking into the issue, but this is a big help. 

On 2021-05-11 at 7:34 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

Thank you for these videos! We're still looking into the issue, but this is a big help. 

In case it helps further, it seems it doesn't matter if the shotgun is equipped by a player or not. In the last few sorties there have been levels on the Kuva Fortress which have had this problem even worse because of the Kuva Troopers and their Kohm. It will also occur if your On Call crew member is equipped with a shotgun.

Hi just wanted to drop in and say I'm also glad I'm not the only one!! I didn't connect it to multishot, but that makes sense. I have my Pyrana Prime loaded up with it, and always ADS before I pull the trigger. The stutter makes most missions pretty unplayable with that gun, which is a bummer because it's a lot of fun. 

I don't know if you still need video/logs from PS5 users experiencing this, but happy to help however I can.

On 2021-05-25 at 3:02 PM, (PSN)clarkkentsdead said:

I don't know if you still need video/logs from PS5 users experiencing this, but happy to help however I can.

We've got everything we need for now, but thanks! We have a reliable repro. We're just in the process of tracking down the culprit so we can fix it on our end.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-07-02 at 8:41 AM, (PSN)GHOST_OF_OSIRIS said:

Just echoing these sentiments. Using the primary fire on cedo almost stops my PS5 dead in its tracks. 

Can you please try again after you've received the Sisters of Parvos update? We believe we've tracked down the issue, and the fix should hopefully arrive tomorrow. If you're still getting these framerate drops after the update, then please let us know. Thanks!

Archived