Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Armaments

(XBOX)Apoll0 666

Question

I have recently built my Railjack and have been tinkering with it. But i’m not sure which araments are best...

I have Zekti Talyn MK3 on Pilot and Pulsar on gunnerys. Thoughts?

I also want to invest in better armaments though but most of them seem kinda iffy imo with how they’d be efficient. Some have great damage but super lower falloff, guessing shotgun’s of railjack, theres also ice drivers(snipers?) I was considering this also..

I’m asking for the communities opinions on what armaments are best and for what. 

14 answers to this question

I like Zetki Photor on the side for npc gunners since they deal with the Corpus crewship shields which is - to me - the only annoying thing to deal with if you have nothing to "cheese" them. I dislike using them myself though.

No idea if there's an objectively "best" - I think I use a Vidar Apoc on the front. It kills stuff. I have no complaints.

I like using Vidar weapons because of their crit bonus, which has great results with the crit based mods on the RJ. Pilot weapon are still the old Vidar Apoc I got long ago but I switched to Vidar Talyn as turret weapons.

Zekti Vort on the nose. I'm bored of Apoc, the energy blasts look cool, they're large projectiles so easier to hit things.

If I'm using the wing turrets myself for fun, Zekti Vort, or Zekti Apoc.

It's pretty fun to let the AI crewmates use (Zekti) Laith on the wings, it sounds rad, looks rad, and it's amusing to let the AI just tear apart crewships. Using the Laith myself, kinda sucks imo, I'm not good at aiming and gun loses damage at distance. But fun on AI crew

Generally just have Zekti Apoc on wings. I like em, the AI crew handles the guns pretty well, yuh

I like the firerate

It takes quite a bit of doing to make anything other than zetki worthwhile.  zetki is hands down highest DPS of all houses, even factoring in heat, crit, intrinsics and mods.  Granted there might be some weird convoluted setups with zero intrinsics and weird mixes of mods where one of the other houses might creep up, but it would be an incredible edge case.  edit: I can't put together any edge cases where anything other than zetki is worthwhile.

Beyond that, it depends on what you're doing.  I haven't touched grineer side since the railjack revamp made revisiting anything you've "finished" absolutely pointless, so I can't give advice there.  However, for the corpus side, I use Laith on pilot.  The only things a pilot should be shooting at with their guns is the crewship shield, and possibly security nodes if you don't have shattering burst.  Laith is (by a ridiculously wide margin) the highest DPS gun, and the stationary targets in corpus missions means their short range is actually a benefit since that's where you'll be engaging targets from anyway.  For side guns, I still use carcinnox.  I never take human crew since there is no way they'll do anything other than slow me down outside of maybe veil (which you only have to sweep through the corpus side of veil once, so still isn't worth it at all), so it's a matter of NPC crew just needing to pop incoming fighters and ramsleds, which I stuck with my carcinnox for that mix of long range, fast projectile speed, and adequate damage.  I'd imagine something shorter range/higher damage would probably be better considering ramsleds have a limited launch range, but since my NPC crew already keep my ship alive just fine, it hasn't worthwhile to test that.  So, Laith + carcinnox for me (zetki of course, fused to max)

edit: copied from my spreadsheet, assuming rank 7 gunnery intrinsics (rank 10 is bad, you shouldn't rank it), factoring in fire rate, crits, and heat/cooldown (mods will change some of this though not in a major way).  Keep in mind the absolute number 1 deciding factor SHOULD be personal preference:

Laith    700-1400    29600
vort    2000-4000    26302
glazio    2000-3000    22429
apoc    2000-4000    21674
carcinnox 2000-4000    20496
cryophon 700-1400    17526
pulsar    3000-6000    16579
talyn    3000-6000    16316
photor    2500-5000    11757

Best is more what you personally enjoy. Side cannons I've tried a couple, but the Vidar Pulsar seems to work best. For main gun I switch around what I like. You can go for the Laith or something similar that fires slow but hits like a truck. Pulsar is good too, or Carcinnox. if you like fast firing weapons. Talyn are very fast, but burn through heat pretty quick and has relatively lesser return on damage vs pulsar. It's a cool gun though and in the end it doesn't really matter. You should use what fits your playing style or simply what you think is cool. 

For me most guns are best with Vidar, with extra crit stats and damage bonus and lesser heat buildup vs Zetki. Sometimes you want the extra fire speed from Zetki. Mind that usually Zetki comes with less crit chance vs Vidar, but more upfront damage and firing speed at the cost of more heat buildup.

When the Vort III came out I jumped on 2 of them and they worked (better than my 2 Apocs), BUT now I have found after farming 2 sets of Sevagoth that the Zekti Talyn III on the nose and the Zekti Pulsar III on the turrets work much better.. the Crew destroy all fights quickly in any proxima with the Pulsars or Photors and the Talyns I like the spooling firerate increase especially good for crewship engines.  Though I was thinking about throwing on a Photor/Pulsar on the nose for the Corpus shields but after getting the 2 Sevagoth sets I don't think I'll spend much time in the corpus nodes again so the Talyns work a treat for me.. 

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I have recently built my Railjack and have been tinkering with it. But i’m not sure which araments are best...

I have Zekti Talyn MK3 on Pilot and Pulsar on gunnerys. Thoughts?

I also want to invest in better armaments though but most of them seem kinda iffy imo with how they’d be efficient. Some have great damage but super lower falloff, guessing shotgun’s of railjack, theres also ice drivers(snipers?) I was considering this also..

I’m asking for the communities opinions on what armaments are best and for what. 

Since the new update I have changed to:

Pilot - Vidar Talyn Mk3

Turrets - Zekti Talyn Mk3

NPC crew members just shred everything.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Archived