Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Index needs a revamp.

PhreazerBurn

It could be argued that the problem stems from credits as a resource and Index being by far the best place to get them. (I found all the Profit Taker strats to be unreliable and/or tedious).

It seems like Index is here to stay, and credits are going to remain one of the most needed resources in IMMENSE amounts.

My main issue with Index is that the types/amounts of enemies don't mesh with the vast majority of abilities and weapons that work well in the rest of the game. There are few frames that do well in Index, and because the player is almost required to spend many, many hours in Index it gets boring quickly.

Most abilities simply aren't meant to handle 1-4 semi-strong enemies encountered intermittently. Most frames don't have the tools needed to deal with rapidly diminishing health/energy.

Revenant is king. Built correctly, he gets 2-3 minutes of full damage/status immunity for less than the cost of an energy orb (and can thus easily get the energy to be completely safe even with the massive energy drain). And his immunities don't diminish against tougher enemies (level 9999s would be just as ineffectual against him).

But I don't just want to play the same maps, against the same enemies, with this same frame for dozens of hours. Who would? Well, tough luck.

Rhino and Nezha are both just weaker versions of Revenant, and their abilities don't really change things up enough to justify their weakness.

Mesa does well for 2-3 rounds before his damage kinda falls off. But he can't hold points.

Most classes cannot hold points because their defenses aren't built to handle diminishing health values.

So back to Revenant.

Gun scaling is almost non-existent. So that limits the variety of weapons tremendously...at least if you wanted to stay more than 1-2 rounds.

So melee. Melee damage scaling is phenomenal. Yay. At least if you like melee and like to switch up melee weapons that is one area you can get some small variety in Index.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the issues, and they stem from Index feeling like something that was at one point intended to be a very minor part of the game but ended up being too prominent for how much effort was put into it. The enemies need to be tweaked so that more frames/abilties/weapons work against them so there can be more variety in the gameplay. Let Ember/Volt do real damage with their 4. Let Saryn/Baruuk's kit actually function. And so on.

Alternatively, we could really use 1 or 2 more good sources for mass credits.

But please do something, or just lower the credit requirements until Index trips become rarely needed if at all.

How long have you been playing and what are you doing that you need to spend so much constant time in the index? I never had a problem with credits once dark sectors were added and I don't bother with the index at all because I don't find it fun. There must be an incredibly disparity in the activities we are pursuing and I'd like to understand where your credit issue is coming from.

25 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

How long have you been playing and what are you doing that you need to spend so much constant time in the index? I never had a problem with credits once dark sectors were added and I don't bother with the index at all because I don't find it fun. There must be an incredibly disparity in the activities we are pursuing and I'd like to understand where your credit issue is coming from.

I suppose partly its due to only leveling my max 10 level mods to 8 or so for a long time and now wanting to resolve that...but this is just resulting in me needing loads of credits now instead of off and on if I were doing the mods more evenly over time. And it means the same approximate time spent in Index.

I'm MR26 and have been playing off and on for years to answer plainly.

... I'm going on a limb here and say that you're not using your own original build...

If you were, you wouldn't need to rush-collect credits for 10-rank mods so badly and you'd have to live in the Index... But I wouldn't mind having the Index reworked to give the possibility for players to input how much they want to pay, while the Index reward given is proportional to the amount paid and with different payout ratios for each of the available Index modes...

That way, we could bet like... 50mil at once and getting 3x the reward or something like that... Or losing it all at once... Risk vs Reward haha

2 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Railjack gives out fair chunk of credits , go for grineer veil proxima and corpus veil proxima and ignore side objectives .

That's interesting. How many credits per mission, and how much time do missions take? I haven't tried new Railjack yet.

That damn Cephalon being affected by dialogue volume settings, or heck even giving him a mute button like Ordis, would be a good start.

It's a couple hundred thousand credits for a full squad on Pluto and Veil Proxima I believe. I don't pay too close attention TBH, but running for Sevagoth this weekend with the credit booster has netted me about 10 million credits.

52 minutes ago, PhreazerBurn said:

That's interesting. How many credits per mission, and how much time do missions take? I haven't tried new Railjack yet.

With a full squad, grineer normal nodes like r9 cloud can take about 10min or sometimes less, depending on organization level. Credit amount seens to vary, but some missions have given out 100k cred or more per run without booster. It may not be as time-effective as the index, but for some it isn't as soul-killing either.

1 hour ago, PhreazerBurn said:

I suppose partly its due to only leveling my max 10 level mods to 8 or so for a long time and now wanting to resolve that...but this is just resulting in me needing loads of credits now instead of off and on if I were doing the mods more evenly over time. And it means the same approximate time spent in Index.

I'm MR26 and have been playing off and on for years to answer plainly.

yeah it would feel much more grindy to do it all at once instead of spread out over years. I've been playing for about 8 years and I know a large bunch of my credits came from weekly raids prior to the index existing.

meh, credit run at ease, solo or team doesnt matter: credit booster weekend, buy a credit booster, take a smeeta, launch from dojo .. stay 3-5 waves and repeat.. in one weekend you'll get enough credits to never need them again.. Index does exactly what its there for.. no need to revamp anything .. 200 mil credits easy done

12 hours ago, PhreazerBurn said:

Depends on node , I recall in one of patch notes that veil should give out 75K-150K credits per mission .

Archived