Hema and Hirudo prime

xcrimsonlegendx

Yes, I know that only "Tenno" weapons are primed.

However... Nidus himself is an oddity already and he will likely be primed soon, so are we going to see his signature weapons primed along with him? That has been the trend recently, to prime the signature weapons that belong to the frames? I know, as I prefaced the thread I'm aware that only Tenno weapons are primed. Though Nidus was created by the Orokin as an infested Warframe, so we can reason that his signature weapons were created along with him at the same time. Hema and Hirudo are of course infested weapons but they could be Orokin-made infested weapons just as Nidus was.

So, its still within the realm of possibility (however unlikely) that his signature weapons could be primed, right?

Edit: I suppose one might argue that they're not actually his signature weapons and while it doesn't provide these weapons any benefit if used by Nidus, they are clearly cut from the same cloth. Everything from the fact they're prominently displayed on his arsenal thumbnail, the health restorative mechanics down to the visual design and how they literally use his color pallet. They're Nidus' weapons regardless of added perks and stat values.

Edit 2: Totally forgot about Helios, the Corpus sentinel was already primed so I guess anything can be primed. :D

12 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I don't see how that is relevant.

Hirudo will be stronger than Hirudo Prime if you have a riven, because the riven disposition is lower for the Prime variant. Therefore you already have the best numerical version of Hirudo.

I don't recall any part of my post being about how strong the weapons would be or if their base counterparts would be superior. Simply the possibility of them existing in the first place. Seems this riven disposition topic is better suited for another thread, as its not directly related in any way, shape or form to this one.

Edit: Apologies if that came off as rude.

7 minutes ago, Sazero said:

Hirudo will be stronger than Hirudo Prime if you have a riven, because the riven disposition is lower for the Prime variant. Therefore you already have the best numerical version of Hirudo.

Ok, and? Most people will still use the prime, not everyone has/cares about riven making the lesser version better

3 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I don't recall any part of my post being about how strong the weapons would be or if their base counterparts would be superior. Simply the possibility of them existing in the first place. Seems this riven disposition topic is better suited for another thread, as its not directly related in any way, shape or form to this one.

It's just his way of expressing, that New Prime Weapons are hard to get excited for in light of the new disposition system.

I get that, nowadays whenever a new variant weapon comes out my first reaction is 'oh look more fodder' since they don't perform better, and by the time the dispo goes up to put them on equal footing its months later and I've moved on anyway.

So, in order for a Hema or Hirudo Prime to something I'd care about, they'd need to introduce some new Function or Gimmick other than gold deco; though I don't think that's very plausible considering the base variants are already using unique gimmicks.

1 minute ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

So, in order for a Hema or Hirudo Prime to something I'd care about, they'd need to introduce some new Function or Gimmick other than gold deco; though I don't think that's very plausible considering the base variants are already using unique gimmicks.

To be completely honest I'd hope that Hema prime would introduce an auto fire mode toggle, its my most used weapon and the burst fire still annoys me.

Actually the reason I posted was because the guy I was responding to was excited about the idea of hirudo prime because he got a riven for hirudo. And I just wanted to temper his expectations.

But you are right getting a prime variant that is weaker than the regular variant deflates the excitement a bit. Atleast that's how I felt when I got Pandero Prime.

1 minute ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

To be completely honest I'd hope that Hema prime would introduce an auto fire mode toggle, its my most used weapon and the burst fire still annoys me.

Fire modes really should be a separate setting in the Options menu, not a feature of any weapon.

I use a mod/controller/macros to make them a non-issue, and DE says such macros are allowed; therefore they're de-facto saying that fire modes are player choice and not gameplay/balance. They just need to carry though with that stance and make it a Menu Option so everyone can use it not just techies.

Thing is, the Hirudo and Hema aren't technically Signature Weapons, at least not in the same way the Tenora and the Pandero are to Octavia, or the Tekko is to Atlas. They don't have pairing bonuses with Nidus.

I therefore suspect they won't get primed, and Nidus Prime will release with something else instead.

2 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Thing is, the Hirudo and Hema aren't technically Signature weapons, at least not in the same way the Tenora and the Pandero are to Octavia, or the Tekko is to Atlas. They don't have pairing bonuses with Nidus.

I therefore suspect they won't get primed, and Nidus Prime will release with something else instead.

I'm curious what the first weapon set to feature those types of warframe synergies were. Because the Hema and Hirudo are clearly designed mechanically and visually as companions to Nidus. Could it be that they were just released before they started doing the stat buffs, some kind of proto signature weapons? Only been playing for a few years on PC, so I'm unclear what the first set to feature this perk were.

12 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Thing is, the Hirudo and Hema aren't technically Signature Weapons, at least not in the same way the Tenora and the Pandero are to Octavia, or the Tekko is to Atlas. They don't have pairing bonuses with Nidus.

7 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I'm curious what the first weapon set to feature those types of warframe synergies were. Because the Hema and Hirudo are clearly designed mechanically and visually as companions to Nidus. Could it be that they were just released before they started doing the stat buffs, some kind of proto signature weapons? Only been playing for a few years on PC, so I'm unclear what the first set to feature this perk were.

I don't think earlier weapons & frames came with bonuses at that time, but both the Hema & Hirudo are indeed Nidus' signature weapons

I'm curious too tho, maybe you could say the Orokins tried to weaponize the infestation into guns, & that would be the lore behind their primed version

39 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

They're confusing you with the person who mentioned his Hirudo riven in the first reply.

Edit: welp.

5 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

They got introduced in Update 24.6, retroactively added to a whole bunch of frames and weapons, including Atlas, Gara, Harrow and Octavia. Before that, DE started releasing visually consistent frame + weapons pairings, so this was the next natural step.

This has not been done to the Hema and Hirudo yet, though to be fair they have also not implemented this for several other visually consistent proto-Signature Weapons like the Scourge and the Dual Keres. DE might get around to them, or they might not. Until then, their Primes are up in the air in my book.

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Edit: I suppose one might argue that they're not actually his signature weapons and while it doesn't provide these weapons any benefit if used by Nidus, they are clearly cut from the same cloth. Everything from the fact they're prominently displayed on his arsenal thumbnail, the health restorative mechanics down to the visual design and how they literally use his color pallet. They're Nidus' weapons regardless of added perks and stat values.

No, they are the weaposn that came with Nidus, it's even on the "Nidus bundle":

Descripción no disponible.

But DE handles prime access different, so ti may got primed or not. As I've said earlier, I'm very curious on how they are going to handle all of this

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

No, they are the weaposn that came with Nidus, it's even on the "Nidus bundle":

Descripción no disponible.

But DE handles prime access different, so ti may got primed or not. As I've said earlier, I'm very curious on how they are going to handle all of this

If they don't prime these, what could go along with Nidus Prime that is not infested?

1 minute ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

If they don't prime these, what could go along with Nidus Prime that is not infested?

I don't know honestly, a lot of frames on PA were paired without the weapons they have in the bundles (supossedly their signature weapons), so it could be anything, even create a new prime weapon without "regular" counterpart, like the Euphona Prime that came with Banshee Prime

Archived