Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a cosmetic slot to warframes

FimbriaPrime

There are a few special cosmetic mods such as Peculiar Bloom which no one uses. They're pretty to look at, but they have drain and cost a mod slot which players would otherwise spend on winning. Given a choice between looking pretty and winning a level, most people choose to win, so now there's a nice game feature languishing in obscurity for the fault of a minor design flaw.

To take advantage of those mods, I suggest adding a special new mod slot to warframes (possibly more than one). This new slot(s) will have the property that they can only be used for cosmetic purposes. To enforce that usage, they could restrict the types of mods which can go in that slot, or they could disable the non-cosmetic aspects of mods in that slot (whatever seems appropriate). Additionally, mods in this slot will have their drain reduced to zero, so they won't interfere with gameplay decisions.

Feedback! Who else would like a slot for cosmetic mods?

Technically, I wouldn't mind if it doesn't have any drain (as you mentioned) or else they still wont be used.

Practically, doing this for two mods seems a bit redundant, but if they were to add more, sure.

They could also just change the two mods into a new type of cosmetic item and then move it from the modding section to the appearence section entirely. 

I doubt this has priority though.

1 hour ago, FimbriaPrime said:

There are a few special cosmetic mods such as Peculiar Bloom which no one uses. They're pretty to look at, but they have drain and cost a mod slot which players would otherwise spend on winning. Given a choice between looking pretty and winning a level, most people choose to win, so now there's a nice game feature languishing in obscurity for the fault of a minor design flaw.

To take advantage of those mods, I suggest adding a special new mod slot to warframes (possibly more than one). This new slot(s) will have the property that they can only be used for cosmetic purposes. To enforce that usage, they could restrict the types of mods which can go in that slot, or they could disable the non-cosmetic aspects of mods in that slot (whatever seems appropriate). Additionally, mods in this slot will have their drain reduced to zero, so they won't interfere with gameplay decisions.

Feedback! Who else would like a slot for cosmetic mods?

no, that was the entire point of peculiar mods.

the idea of those mods were for players who didn't care for min maxing the gear and would rather just having something fun while shooting/killing. 

you can have one or the other and not both, looking at how the idea was dropped and no new mods came out for this, it's possible the game stats show that players don't care

for such system. creating dedicated slots is not a easy solution as it will obviously require some kind of exilus adaptor to unlock it just for 2 mods. would rather have an augment mod slot

honestly ditch the peculiars and transition to a weapon ephemera system where it makes your bullets do cool cosmetic things. Do the same thing that was done with arcane helmets: Retire the peculiar mods, anyone who has them currently keeps them, replace with new ephemera versions.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Unless I'm mistaken, aren't there also some mods that provide primary-elemental (Heat, Cold, etc.) VFX for when you bullet jump?

Those could be thrown into that category along with the other things, perhaps.

That's not only VFX, that's the full damage (even though damage is usually negligible here).

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

honestly ditch the peculiars and transition to a weapon ephemera system where it makes your bullets do cool cosmetic things. Do the same thing that was done with arcane helmets: Retire the peculiar mods, anyone who has them currently keeps them, replace with new ephemera versions.

Weapons ephemera is a lit idea !

A whole slot for just those mods doesn't seems feasible unless they were to also roll out an entire slew of other peculiar mods along with it.  I was a big fan of Peculiar Bloom, but once you go beyond certain difficulty thresholds you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot if you burn a full mod slot on nothing but a visual effect.   I would really like to see them reworked in some way and I think the Weapon Ephemera idea is probably the best way to go about it.  The game already has all the status effects that could easily be made into ephemeras should a player enjoy a specific effect over others (e.g. giving a non-fire status weapon the fire damage effect, ect.) And i'm sure there are a number of other fun effects that could be rolled out without too much effort by just tweeking existing shaders and effects in the game.  

Granted, that could make things difficult to discern for some players that use those status visual queues for particular synergies and the like, but the game's already kinda a visual mess at time with multiple effects going off as it is so it wouldn't be that far a departure. 

8 hours ago, Chewarette said:

That's not only VFX, that's the full damage (even though damage is usually negligible here).

Oh gotcha, good to know. When I first saw one of them on someone else's Warframe a long time back, I didn't notice the damage of it, so I thought there was a separate version specifically for the VFX :)

2 hours ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

I thought there was a separate version specifically for the VFX :)

You are correct. Teshin sells a version of the mods exclusively for the VFX of the elemental bullet jump. Those specific mods do no damage.

For your consideration:

Deals damage: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Lightning_Dash

Non-damage: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Voltaic_Lance

27 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

You are correct. Teshin sells a version of the mods exclusively for the VFX of the elemental bullet jump. Those specific mods do no damage.

For your consideration:

Deals damage: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Lightning_Dash

Non-damage: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Voltaic_Lance

Ah that was it, thanks for letting me know!

I was thinking of trying to get one of everything from Conclave someday, but not anytime soon. Those non-damaging mods would be perfect for the Exilus or Cosmetic-slot (As long as it could be equipped outside of Conclave, due to not draining capacity).

As a matter of fact, these would all roll in well with the "Peculiar Content" option, if implemented.

Archived