Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i never figured out how to properly place Volt shields against Eidolons, can someone help me out?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Question

The main reason i stopped Eidolon hunting a year or two ago.

everytime i place that shield, my teammates aren't happy.

i place it directly under the eidolon, for easy operator multishots and they're not happy.

i place it in a position for easy eidolon joint aiming, and they're still aren't happy.

what am i doing wrong?

9 answers to this question

Eidolon 5000x3 hunters are the most toxic group of players I've met so far in warframe.

You didn't mark terry, somebody angry and leaves. You get too much / not enough lures, somebody angry and leaves. You charge lures differently then they do, somebody angry and leaves. You take just a tad too long taking a limb down, somebody angry and leaves. You die? Of course somebody angry and leaves. You as much as use off-meta warframe and weapons picks, somebody will get angry and leave at the very first second before anyone did anything wrong. Everybody are acting like they can do 80 tridolons that one night and absolutely doesn't tolerate the slightest difference in how others do things. 

Seriously I've been in many sortie, arbi, and sp groups that are more patient and willing to put up with noob's S#&$. Tridolon groups doesn't play, you remember how they sold maxed energize for 30p when rj OV was teased? That's some serious S#&$ right there, mate.

Noobs say "I'm noob" in every other modes, people will laugh but proceeds to carry them. Noobs say "I'm noob" in tridolon, consider yourself lucky if everyone only give you the cold shoulder and immediately left.

Seriously this group of people could use a little more love and cookies. probably with warm milk and plenty of hugs.

6 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Eidolon 5000x3 hunters are the most toxic group of players I've met so far in warframe.

You didn't mark terry, somebody angry and leaves. You get too much / not enough lures, somebody angry and leaves. You charge lures differently then they do, somebody angry and leaves. You take just a tad too long taking a limb down, somebody angry and leaves. You die? Of course somebody angry and leaves. You as much as use off-meta warframe and weapons picks, somebody will get angry and leave at the very first second.

Everybody are acting like they can do 80 tridolons that one night and absolutely doesn't tolerate the slightest difference in how others do things. 

Seriously I've been in many sortie, arbi, and sp groups that are more patient and willing to put up with noob's S#&$. Tridolon groups doesn't play, you remember how they sold maxed energize for 30p when rj OV was teased? That's some serious S#&$ right there, mate.

Seriously this group of people could use a little more love, compassion, and tolerance.

Guess i'll skip eidolons for another two years.

or maybe do it with friends...oh wait.

Just now, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

why 50 meters apart though? 

as I was 99% running as Chroma this was the most comfortable distance for me. I said appr. because some people may want to stand further away or want to be closer. It was just copied from my guide and as said I was playing Chroma.

Guide is pretty old, if the meta changed that drastically, ingore :)

you have 6 Shields to work with, make use of them.

for the Shield Phase the exact placement varies depending on what Scaffold people have chosen to use. for good measure i will usually place one close and one not so close.
so one in the position for Shraksun (Piercing Flak Grenade), which is very close to the Eidolon and just a few Meters away from the Eidolons' left Knee since they by default stand with their left Leg slightly forwards.
and then one a little bit further back from that one, as a backup incase the Eidolon starts moving unexpectedly because #bugfreegame. always good to have a backup. this one is then about ideal for Propa (Timebomb).

as for the Health Phase, i place those Shields just in various places around the Eidolon. a fair distance away is ideal but is impractical for me to place Shields for both Phases in the time span of the Magnetic Pulse before it stands back up for the Shield Phase. so i just try to give people some options at fairly clear positions around the Eidolon so that they have options as to which Joint to shoot incase plans have to change.
really i'd prefer people for Health Phase to just get used to standing like 5 Meters in front of the Eidolon as that's way easier, but some people are insistent on doing otherwise. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

in short, the Shields don't have to be perfect as long as they're in fairly good places and there's enough of them that people don't have to go searching around for them.

The problem seems to be your teammates, and not you.

You mostly need to place it closer for Operators, as in within hugging distance of the Eidolon.

If your team is running Redeemer Prime, you MIGHT need a couple shields farther to destroy the shoulder synovias.

Also, if you don't wanna be running around trying to place shields for snipers, you can just bullet-jump up and place the shield mid-air (between Eidolon and teammates).

as most of the other people already told you, eidolons is toxic asf. i know a few people who carry random lobbies (including me) and the only thing we expect you to do is to not take 5min to place your shard into the shrine. but from what i have heard, its rare to get a good, non toxic player in your team.  aside from that most of my hunts are pretty chill since i dont give a single S#&$ what other people bring xD Whats_up-Gaullin ingame if you wanna do some hunts or need some tipps or tricks :)
when it comes to your shield placement it depends on the amp you/the player who does the most shield dmg have/has. alot of people run an x77 amp which requires u to place the shield far enough away from it at an slight upwards angle so you dont get staggered by the amps explosion. as for the x27 amp you wanna place shields at an pretty specific spot underneath one of its legs to get multi hits going. i talked over an hydro cap with randoms on my lil yt channel (suiphant) if you think that helps, also did an low focus x23 (basically an x27 amp), might help you as well with the shield placement. i aplogize if this sounds like i want clicks or stuff hahaha, its always hard to explain thats the reason i even did those :p

Archived