Helios plants scans

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

You can still scan Kavats by a gentle hit from Synoid Heliocor on their skull

(Correct me if I'm wrong though, that's a long time I didn't have to scan Kavats :p )

No, you're right.  It's my preferred method of getting genetic code from them anyway.  It's so cathartic to beat it out of them.

1 hour ago, Vaml77 said:

Helios still scanning some plants in earth, ceres and mars....and botanist scan all things...something is not right.

Helios will scan anything that's not completed in your Codex. Oxylus will scan plants regardless of Codex progress.

1 hour ago, Zeddypanda said:

Putting a scanning mod on the scanning sentinel made too much sense, so they gated it behind max rank on fortuna.

I would have liked Botanist to go on Helios, but DE likes to promote diversity of choice, especially with regards to Sentinels – it's the only reason Vacuum was detached from the Carrier. They don't want one Sentinel or companion to outperform the others to the degree that a majority of players choose to equip it. I assume this was their thought process, since they haven't really commented on it. Also, Oxylus makes sense, given its theme of scanning for organic matter.

6 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:They don't want one Sentinel or companion to outperform the others to the degree that a majority of players choose to equip it.

Whilst I do agree with this I believe that sentinels should be used with a single purpose in mind and be really good at that and for other purposes such as combat, pets would be used instead.

Archived