Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis Scanner: Vector Thread Widget provides no scan speed increase.

Alopex_Lagopus

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Bought Vector Thread Widget from Cephalon Similaris for 50k standing and noticed that it didn't seem scan speed increased. My friend has a computer right beside mine, and we tested the speeds of the non-upgraded scanner as well as my recently upgraded scanner. There was no observable difference in speed between the non-upgraded and upgraded versions.
  • VISUAL: [NA / available upon request]
  • REPRODUCTION: Test non-upgraded and upgraded synthesis scanners
  • EXPECTED RESULT: 45% increase in scan speed (reduction in time taken to complete a scan)
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No increase in scan speed
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% of the time

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2021-05-11 at 4:43 PM, Hobie-wan said:

Same question, which the OP never answered.

Synthesis scanner. It fills in the upgrade icon on it, but there's no increase in speed. This information was included in the post title as well as the reproduction section of my post.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Bumping as this still happens

Tested between Synthesis Scanner with all four widgets, and the normal Codex Scanner, they both have the same scan speed

Really wishing they didn't "fix" Mirage's Eclipse increasing scan speed without addressing that, because scanning is just more painful now

Meanwhile, the standing for Vector Thread Widget is still wasted

SMH

Animated GIF

I'm legit starting to think they purposely understaff Support, QA, and possibly other departments as well

NOT because the studio wants to - I'm certain they don't - but rather because it's demanded by higher-ups (CEOs, board members, parent companies, and such)

In the case of QA, that's IF they even have such a department; I happen to know for a fact that some studios / companies / teams / etc. flat-out don't, and instead those basically outsource literally all testing to the playerbase and bugfixing to unpaid modders (Yes, Bethesda, I'm looking at you 👁️👄👁️)

On 2022-11-23 at 6:19 PM, Traumtulpe said:

Anyone else feeling like DE simply not fixing bugs, at all, ever, has become a bit of a running gag? Reading about these simple bugs that just get ignored for years used to frustrate me, but now it just makes me smile. I guess I have simply given up on DE.

Yep same here, I gave up on DE a while back, they just seem so slack in everything they try to do and its like they just give up and throw everything that is an issue into the too hard basket.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I think you mean Bethesda Game Studios, not Softworks

It's technically both, the studio is owned by the former, and the former is now owned by Zenimax

I've opted to just say "Bethesda" instead of either; those who know, know... and those who don't, don't

In any case, I'm still convinced that executive meddling contributes at least partially to some portion of the problems they've had with their games

Recent patterns throughout the gaming industry in these past two years alone - and even before then - have given me reason(s) for concern, it is what it is

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived