Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is trading with players safe anymore? Danger about Negative Platinum. Scammers escape while innocents get charged.

-_Six_-

13 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Guys... i don't understand the people that justify how DE manage this system.

1) Why i spent plat just after i have traded for it? Cause i take the plat and i use as i want, in any universe and time, if something is mine, is mine. When you guys take your salary, you waith some day just to be sure the money are real? Of course NO. If i have money i spent as i prefere.

2) Leave platinum in the account to be sure your balance will be positive. Why? if i have 100 plat, i want to spent 100 plat. If having 100 plat means i can spent 50 is a fraud.

3) If the payment system has problem with bad people, why should be punish the good people for this? The problem is between bad people and DE.

Otherwise... i've traded a lot, and something like this never happened to me since now.

If i may suggest some trick to avoid bad surprises i say this:

-) Avoid extremely advantage trade, especially when people buy super-overpriced thing. Maybe you could be lucky, but remeber thar's always someone smarter than you.

-) Avoid trade a lot of platinum with low level tenno. Maybe i'm wrong, but when people rank 2 want to buy 500 platinum of item, i prefer to avoid the trade

-) Use the "warframe market" instead of the chat. Yes, you sell thing at low price than the trading chat, and you buy at high price than trading chat, but a people with a lot positive review in the market, will be sure better than an unknow random tenno.

because scammers would continue to scam with a dummy account if only one account suffered consequences and also probably technical reasons with trying to reverse every transaction made from scummy plat deals. 

The solution is probably not as easy as you think

6 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Bla bla bla blaissimo....

If you are a decent company, you don't give platinum if you don't have money in your hand. Since you allow payment method with "yes don't worry, in the future i will surely give you the money", of course we have this problem.

If they can't avoid this type of payment, they could still avoid the use of platinum since they payment is not confirmed.

You can choose to ride that High Horse until the heat death of the Universe, but it won't change reality. 🤷‍♂️

This can occur regardless of the payment was made on Credit, as you imply as 'bad', or not.

well, since this topic was partially started because of my situation, i'll add few things. in an attempt to make things clear.

1. i recently traded a quite rare (might not be that rare, i'm still fairly new here) item, so that's where the plat came from

2. i didn't spend all of the plat instantly. maybe around 30-40% of it.

3. my biggest problem os that i've been punished with negative platinum balance, inability to play the game, with no information from DE (like an email telling me this happened), me being forced to pay to play again, and also the scammer is just out there with the item and cash

Trading with other users is safe, however if you receive a large quantity of platinum in a trade, you should hold onto it (and not spend it) for a week or two. 

If the platinum winds up being fraudulently obtained, by not spending before it gets deducted you won't have your overall platinum balance go negative.

Regardless of whether your platinum goes negative or you have platinum deducted due to it being fraudulently obtained, you must contact DE Customer Support using a support ticket to resolve the issue.

Archived