Please change Final Harbinger for Sword & Shield inputs

Flannoit

I love the way the combos of Final Harbinger look, but I absolutely cannot stand how it feels to actually perform any of them. This is because one press being basically an entire combo on its own just... Doesn't feel good to use, to me.

This is the full standing combo (Null Warning) for Final Harbinger - please note that the first three strikes (right swipe, left swipe, downward smash) are all one button press.

latest?cb=20191213230012

(Link if the image doesn't work, taken from the Warframe wiki)

It would have a much better overall feel if each of the first three strikes were individual button presses, or if at the very least the third strike was a separate button press than the first two strikes. Null Warning's combo after the first three strikes feels fantastic and fluid! It's just the first three strikes being a single press that makes it feel so... Awkward? Diluted? Either way, it doesn't feel good. (To me, at least.)

The forward combo (Impending Battery) also has the same issue - the first three strikes are one button press. (right swipe, left swipe, right swipe) Every part of the combo after that is also an indivudal button press - including that last two parts of the combo (upward swipe to the left, followed by the spin), which feels absolutely fine to use.

This is the full forward combo (Impending Battery) for Final Harbinger - please noe that the first three strikes (right swipe, left swipe, right swipe) are all one button press.

latest?cb=20191213230014

(Link if the image doesn't work, taken from the Warframe wiki)

The guard combo (Systemic Shred) also makes the first three strikes one button press. (Right swipe, left swipe, capoera-esque spin on the floor) Oddly enough, it loops without the initial two swipes which makes it feel a lot better to use repeatedly versus starting off with it. The shield bash/repel/parry right after the capoera-esque spin is a separate button press, and it feels fine to use.

Finally, the foward-guard combo (Dark Light) has this issue, too. The first three strikes (right swipe, left swipe, forward spin-lunge-thing) are all one press, but the shield grind-toss against the floor and follow-up spin strike are separate button presses. It also, oddly enough, loops without the initial two swipes, which makes it feel fantastic to use repeatedly versus starting off with it.

Strangely enough, the melee combo menu does not seem include the first two swipes for Systemic Shred or Dark Light, according to the wiki. That info could be incorrect, or it could simply just be bugged. Not sure. (Wiki page for Final Harbinger stance)

TLDR: Please separate the attacks of Final Harbinger into different button presses. Either make the first two swipes a single button press and the downward smash/capoera-esque spin/forward-spin-lunge a separate single button press, or make every strike of the first three hits a separate button press. I absolutely love the visuals of the stance, but due to the start of every combo being a single-press three-hit-combo feels... Really bad. Tested both in missions (Sedna Hydron & others) as well as in the Simulacrum.

Archived