Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plz .. .add first person view mode

Doraz_

even if just walking around, that gets disabled once you start shooting ( like Vampire Masquerade)

I have Skyrim, but it runs horribly, heating up my system if i don't cap my framerate at 30, and still makes noise.

I end up going to the PLains, put on Skyrim OST and just walk with very low FOV ;-;

1 minute ago, Doraz_ said:

even if just walking around, that gets disabled once you start shooting ( like Vampire Masquerade)

It’s not going to happen. People have asked before, and I believe DE may have answered saying no.

2 minutes ago, Doraz_ said:

I have Skyrim, but it runs horribly

Buy a better computer, that’ll solve the issue. Skyrim doesn’t require much to run.

22 minutes ago, chaotea said:

It would be a massive amount of work to make first person work when its designed around it already. Like really massive. Its not as simple as putting a different camera angle in. Its even harder for online games.

I can guarantee you, the feature i am describing (instead of a full fps mode) is very trivial.

DE already accomplished what I can only understand as magic in shader code and compression.

This is child's play.

So a couple of points here...

First of all, the game already IS a first-person shooter, bizarrely enough. DE made a chance to shot tracking some time ago to address parallax offset between our aim and our character. Their solution was to generate the "graphics" of gunfire as originating from our character, while the actual raycasts which determine hit detection are still cast from the centre of view of the player camera. That's why you can fire around corners and through objects sometimes. Your guns shoot out of your perspective, is what I'm getting at.

Obviously, the above only applies to hitscan weapons. Projectiles still follow their visual representation trajectory. Sniper scopes, however, are quite literally what I described. The view doesn't "zoom in" on your character's weapon. Your character disappears, your view zooms slightly and a full-screen UI element is drawn over everything. Most of the game already IS an FPS with a noggle in the bottom left.

An FPS mode, therefore, should be trivial to implement. Zoom the camera a little (which the game already does when you back into a wall), make the player invisible, you have a first person view mode. A butt ugly, awful first person view mode where you fire bullets out of your eyes, but a first person mode of a sort just the same. That's realistic and I'd argue also trivial.

ACTUAL first person, like what GTA Online has - yeah, that's out of the question entirely. That would require rigging arms and re-rigging all of the guns, putting together first-person viewmodels, etc. I don't see it happening.

4 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

I have Skyrim, but it runs horribly, heating up my system if i don't cap my framerate at 30, and still makes noise.

I end up going to the PLains, put on Skyrim OST and just walk with very low FOV ;-;

if you are asking for a functional first person that functional in normal mission, then you have the option of using guns that scope in like sniper, buzlok, etc ... It's already establish that DE won't spend their effort making a first person mode that is good. I believe you would have better luck finding another first person game that you enjoy as much as warframe than requesting warframe to become 1st person, if that is such a deal breaker. 

the way you framed your request though, sound like it would be fine if it's just for special occasion like Captura and such to take in the mood or something (which is weird cuz it basically already have a first person mode for you to take picture and such) Is this what you mean? 

and i have no idea how the skyrim thing relate to this in anyway, is there a performance issues involve?

I have a very strict selection of games, cuz of a combination of bad internet, low storage, no ac during summer ... it sucks, but it could be always be worse for sure!

So i got Skyrim, as i wanted at least one game to satisfy that " walk up that mountain " action in first person 

thing is ... Cetus and Orb vallis look AMAZING! (max settings, 30 fps cap) Warframe could easily satisfy gamers like me.

I even wanted to do a parody of sorts, with shots of me walking and panning shots with Skyrim/Oblivion music xD

.... it woud be capped at 720p tho, so it would probably look like salsa :clem:

The best result I got was using the Mining Tool and disabling the Ui.

Only problem, it goes away when jumping and if the terrain is steep enough you don't falll but aim glide instead.

Looking from a dev perspective, the only reason I wouldn't do it is  because the moment you DO, then people will ask that you fully commit and do am FPS mose like GTA that was mentioned.

11 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

I can guarantee you, the feature i am describing (instead of a full fps mode) is very trivial.

DE already accomplished what I can only understand as magic in shader code and compression.

This is child's play.

If all you want is the first person camera, then use the observer tool already in the game. Otherwise if you want full first person intergration then thats not a trivial matter.

There's issues with rigging. They would need to impiment a 2 model system. 1 is a model that you see in first person, the other is the model everyone else sees. You would need a new model made for every warframe arms with every gun.

There would also be issues with how jumping and movement would work. When you bullet jump does the camera spin 360 degrees? How does parcore and wall hopping work. How do you show how much aimglide you have left? Thats always been shown by a visual effect on the model.

Again, impimenting first person in a game not designed for first person is a massive undertaking. So few games feature both viewpoints, and when the do one always suffers. Even things like Skyrim, the 3rd person model is stiff and ungainly.

there are easier ways!

See it as a matter of INPUT and OUTPUTS.

INPUT= head of frame position + Mouse/controller Look input for rotation.

head of frame position=

- simple lerped head Transform OR ( even simpler )

- take warframe model position and make camera follow that plus (0,2,0)

Look Rotation=

feed the exact same input the game already uses to this script

Output: give that position and rotation to camera

As you see, no rigging is involved

The model would be invisible AND the camera, running in Warframe's Equivalent of LateUpdate, and would consist in just another completely NEW CAMERA, while the other one is still enabled, it just doesn't render the scene.

That prevents horrible bugs from happening. Alternatively, you might not even need another camera, as if WF has full control of script order, you can just set the camera at the new position last, Render the scene, and then Re-set the position to what Warframe usually has it!

But again ... this is difficult for us ( for me for sure at least! ) but not for DE.

If you want another example, look up at Final Fantasy XV solution.

Just like how some games don't ever implement third person, some people should just accept some games don't have first person.

Also, if it really was as simple, it would have been done. Devs like effortless implementations for the purpose of scoring points on the "we listen to you" board.

this is currently the best way to experience this.

I wanted this feature cuz there is a lot of mastery at display in the environments.

Also the nightwave ended up being that first person view mode, but we/I want to explore the game itself ... not just a small room ... looking for tiny object blending with the floor xD

It would be difficult to implement 1st-person since there are mechanics that need 3rd person to use properly such as melee, parkour, bullet jumping, void abilities and Aim glide, it would have to be done for both frame and operator.

fps would not work in AW/SW or RJ since their mechanics are built around both flight and 3rd-person view.

3rd person in warframe gives a much better view of the area and allows you to quickly react to incoming enemies much better that 1st-person

On 2021-04-26 at 10:14 PM, Doraz_ said:

Skyrim is nearly 10 years old, if your system is struggling with that game i strongly suggest upgrading and get a better cooling fan, heatsink and thermal paste

2 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

this is currently the best way to experience this.

I wanted this feature cuz there is a lot of mastery at display in the environments.

Also the nightwave ended up being that first person view mode, but we/I want to explore the game itself ... not just a small room ... looking for tiny object blending with the floor xD

What you're looking for is captura. Use that.

8 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Here it is. It's called Blockout. And yes, I know you were joking, but any chance I get to talk about old DOS games of the 90s is a chance I can't miss.

Yup, familiar with Blockout. It was a neat idea to make Tetris 3D, but not as fun as one would imagine since you can lose track of unfilled blocks underneath. Welltris was more playable even if not 3D.

Of course that's still 3rd person. To be 1st person you'd be falling and smashing your face into the blocks at the bottom.

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Of course that's still 3rd person. To be 1st person you'd be falling and smashing your face into the blocks at the bottom.

Eh, I don't know. Isn't that a bit like saying "First person Warframe would be you firing yourself out of the gun with every squeeze of the trigger?" :)

9 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Eh, I don't know. Isn't that a bit like saying "First person Warframe would be you firing yourself out of the gun with every squeeze of the trigger?" :)

Depends on what the actor is. If the actor is a warframe then that's your first person perspective. If it's a tetris block, then yea you're smashing your face into other blocks. and yes, in your example if the actor is a bullet then you fire yourself out of a gun.

Although if the actor in Tetris is a person placing the blocks, then old tetris can already be considered first person.

Archived