Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Going through doors results in abysmal load times

Cromturion

So there's this weird issue where going through doors that lead to or from open world areas causes severe performance drops. Load times for literally everything reaches up to 10 minutes and freezes happen repeatedly. This effect lasts indefinitely and disappears when I restart the game. But then sometimes, it just doesn't happen? One day I went through the door on Fortuna and it only took 5-10 seconds to load (both to go inside, and to go outside). When this happened I took advantage of it by farming thermia fractures for the whole day, no issue happened whatsoever despite me going through the door 13 times. I think this means that my computer is capable of loading open worlds in 10 seconds, so it's not just a case of bad hardware.

But when it does happen, it happens ONLY when going through "the door". Entering an open world and then leaving by aborting or dying (going straight to the Orbiter) doesn't seem to apply the effect, so I'm pretty sure that's the main cause.

Does my network connection affect all this? Is it something else? It'd be nice to know what's causing it as long load times really hurts my multiplayer experience..

This is getting really annoying.. everytime I boot up the game there seems to be a random chance of getting either the quick 10 second load times or 10 minute ones.

It can't be my computer, right? On each test I had only one program running in the backgrounds, Steam, which wasn't even downloading anything.

Uhm. I would think this has nothing to do with the game. I never have these issues. Obviously a single person isn't a good sample size, but I do really think it's on your end. Best to check your PC heating up. That can drastically reduce performance. Orb Vallis is probably the worst offender of all the open worlds in terms of performance when loading, but yea it's never as bad as what you're describing.

On 2021-04-29 at 6:12 PM, RazerXPrime said:

Uhm. I would think this has nothing to do with the game. I never have these issues. Obviously a single person isn't a good sample size, but I do really think it's on your end. Best to check your PC heating up. That can drastically reduce performance. Orb Vallis is probably the worst offender of all the open worlds in terms of performance when loading, but yea it's never as bad as what you're describing.

Well, thanks. I figured it was probably a problem with the computer, but thought I'd ask about it here cause I found it so weird how the effect lasts until I restarted the game. I seem to be getting quick load times more consistently now though so maybe I'll remove this question

Archived