Mausolon screenshake is nauseating

Profanity13

The screenshake toggle in the options does not work for the Mausolon archwing gun.

I can't use this weapon because it is giving me extreme motion sickness from the excessive screen shake that happens when you fire it. 
I am using it with the Necramech Voidrig.

23 hours ago, Profanity13 said:

The screenshake toggle in the options does not work for the Mausoleum archwing gun.

I can't use this weapon because it is giving me extreme motion sickness from the excessive screen shake that happens when you fire it. 

It's Mausolon.

Anyways, I suggest changing the weapon as soon as posible since DE most likely will fix something like this in another 5 years so sticking to another weapon would be the best choice.

23 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

It's Mausolon.

Anyways, I suggest changing the weapon as soon as posible since DE most likely will fix something like this in another 5 years so sticking to another weapon would be the best choice.

OOOPS thx, fixed. 

and yes, I have been forced to use another weapon. 

1 minute ago, MaddawgTL said:

Screen shake? What screen shake? Mausolon has little shake, are you meaning void storms? Now there is screen shake.

Im sorry I offend you, but the Mausolon does have screen shake. It has alot of screen shake.  The toggle option for "Enable Screen Shake" in display options does nothing to remove the shake for me while it does so for every other weapon in the game.  It literally makes me sick in RL using that weapon and you aren't going to convince me otherwise. 

Beating a Dead Horse at this point

but the problem (for all high Recoil weapons in general not just Mausolon) can easily be solved by Decoupling the Targeting Reticule from the Camera

basically, the Camera stays steady, but your Crosshairs jump away from screen center with recoil. This retains the Game Balance Mechanic of recoil making follow up shots tough, but doesn't give as many people motion sickness.

there are many fine examples of games that use this concept.

Ideally the 'no screen shake' option should switch to this Decoupled mode, to help people with motion sickness, but without altering the weapon mechanics themselves.

Unfortunately, I do not believe that DE agrees with the concept; (dead horse beating) they seem to have the idea that Physical Player Discomfort is a legitimate means of balancing in-game factors. This philosophy can be seen in other places like finger breaking triggers where auto-fire makes more sense, etc.

Ummm, I do not have screen shake turned off so I do not understand what you are talking about. The only screen shake I have seen is in void storms when using railjack.

The only thing I have seen is void storms when inside a ship and you get near a fissure and blows up and shakes the screen a good inch or more from side to side. Never have seen mausolon, trumna or sepulcrum shaking the screen unless you are point blank or too close when using alt fire. Mostly see screen flash which caused me to goto darker energy colors.

How are you dealing with the transitions to and from archwing to railjack/ship interior and hopping in and out of turrets? Those are the only thing close to motion sickness for me. Plus the void storms with screen shake and the flash bangs they produce?

3 hours ago, MaddawgTL said:

Ummm, I do not have screen shake turned off so I do not understand what you are talking about. The only screen shake I have seen is in void storms when using railjack.

The only thing I have seen is void storms when inside a ship and you get near a fissure and blows up and shakes the screen a good inch or more from side to side. Never have seen mausolon, trumna or sepulcrum shaking the screen unless you are point blank or too close when using alt fire. Mostly see screen flash which caused me to goto darker energy colors.

How are you dealing with the transitions to and from archwing to railjack/ship interior and hopping in and out of turrets? Those are the only thing close to motion sickness for me. Plus the void storms with screen shake and the flash bangs they produce?

The transition from arch to railjack isnt that bad.  Its over in a few seconds, or i can just turn my head while its going on.  Cant really do that with a gun, when you need to look and aim. 

1 hour ago, MaddawgTL said:

What does the screen shake slider do anyways, when it is in the on position does it turn screen shake on or off. Might test that since I do not know. 

Must test this now. 

its not really a slider, its more a toggle on / off.   Once you experiment with it, try the Mausolon and tell me what you think. 

On 2021-04-28 at 8:01 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

but the problem (for all high Recoil weapons in general not just Mausolon) can easily be solved by Decoupling the Targeting Reticule from the Camera

basically, the Camera stays steady, but your Crosshairs jump away from screen center with recoil. This retains the Game Balance Mechanic of recoil making follow up shots tough, but doesn't give as many people motion sickness.

there are many fine examples of games that use this concept.

You dont even need to manipulate the crosshair.
Spread and spread manipulation values already exist in game. And if going by old school shooters design is a no no there really is no reason why DE shouldnt implement a recoil decay delay based on fire rate (where the longer you shoot, the less the recoil will try to decay/return to og position until you completely stop shooting) to stop the screen spaz, much like 80%+ well designed modern shooters have.

On 2021-04-27 at 3:30 PM, Profanity13 said:

The screenshake toggle in the options does not work for the Mausolon archwing gun.

Larkspur and cortege are great weapons.

Archived