Jump to content

Some fairly low maintenance revenant rework ideas


LightNBright

Recommended Posts

So the revenant deluxe and a possible prime arent tooo far into the future and i personally love the design and always wanted to like the frame but he just seems to be missing a lot and also is a bit broken in a few ways so here are my suggestions on both the problems i think he has and how to fix them in a fairly easy way, as in no ability overhauls and or little to no animation work.

Problems: 

1. He isnt very active and kinda boring

2. His kit is lacks lots of dps and is viable but also very niche and in some cases just broken

3. A lot of his abilities lack consistency 

Suggestions: 

Well to solve the boring part and make him a bit more active id make his abilities a bit more use both alone and used together that way they aren't just one and one abilities.

1. enthrall: for the most part i think the main problems are it isnt that useful to use the ability more then once and two when you want to use it it can be kinda clunky, not only that but the additive buffs that come with the ability just aren't that great like the pillars. to fix this i would make a simple change where enthralled enemies explode on death dealing damage to the enemies in a 7 meter radius and they also leave the pillar after death.  i would also increase the range of the pillars to like 5 meters and possibly take away the thing where it turns enemies into thralls it kinda makes casting his first irrelevant and sometimes is even annoying. Also idk if its a bug or if its capped but either cap the amount of pillars or just make every thrall drop one on death its just confusing as of rn sometimes they work sometimes they don't. also add bonus functionality to make thralls move to where you aim down sights anddd when enemies fall asleep from your 2 give it a hold function to automatically thrall sleeped enemies just to speed it up a bit to take advantage of the free cast. also possibly add more damage to the pillars and explosions when you are hitting weakpoints or something like that. and maybe give an extra debuff to enemies when if they die from pillars or an explosion they have a chance to drop those shield packs maybe that would only work on thralls but they dont give much shields at all but it would be nice maybe 35%.

2. Mesmer skin: this ability is good and or bad just depends on how and where you use it i think the idea is great tho to counter enemies and use them against themselves BUT i would add some limits and buffs to the skill. First off Id add a bit of a debuff to the ability so when enemies fall asleep by the ability they are given a debuff for their enemy type like his fourth like maybe one corrosive proc for example and if they are enthralled before waking up it will infuse that status into the thralls attacks so they can somewhat debuff other enemies and possibly add it to the explosion and pillar on death. this would turn the disadvantage of losing stacks into a plus youd want to be buffing the thralls and using them to add to your damage output so youd want to lose stacks aswell so it makes the ability good either way. this added with the change on his one would make dealing damage a lot easier and add more synergy. if it still seems OP make stacks take away like 40 shields per stack affected by efficiency that way the shields packs are also still useful and having stacks doesnt make you completely invincible combined with sheilds gating if youre just being completely reckless but doesn't make it bad either and still protects you from a ton of damage also just makes your other abilities more relevant so healing isnt redundant. 

3. Reave: honestly this ability kinda sucks unless abused and even then its not usually fun to use so id nerf and buff it to make it more usable and even a bit more interesting for subsuming. First off id make it a more mobility focused ability make the movement faster, and make it last longer and cancellable by jumping or rolling. id also give it the ability to ascend or lower a bit BUT leave the forward momentum. so it would be like if slash dash could aim in any direction that way its not just a rip off of wukongs ability. Next Id add diminishing returns to the health and shields leech but increase its effectiveness a bit and cap it at 60% when an enemies thralled. and it would effectively work the same way it does now BUT there was a bug where if you run into a thrall it applied the thrall buff to every enemy hit after even if they weren't a thrall i would bring this back since it cant one shot enemies anymore that way its easier to drain more enemies but its not as broken as it was before making it more useful in more situations. ALSO id add a small damage buff to every enemies reaved that adds like 15% damage vulnerability to all enemies reaved and like 30% for reaved thralls. this would make the ability more spammable and more useful even when enemies aren't around, not only that but makes it synergize with other abilities and makes him do just a bit more damage and makes his three fun to use while taking away that broken part of the ability. 

4. Danse Macabre: IDK how to change this ability without changing the animation but with the buffs to the other abilities it would naturally be better. If they change the animation id make it aimable so you could like push all the lasers to one location you aim at slowly kinda like the phage but it would cost more energy sao youd want to only use it on heavy enemies for a short amount of time, it would also make it more active instead of just activating it and moving in a straight line or something, honestly the damage is fine especially with these additions you could even lower it and it would still be higher then it is now just make it less boring..

Aight those are my ideas maybe add a buff to his passive to make it go off every 250 shields that way it just goes off a bit more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I disagree. He is not boring and he is very powerfull. I think you are just playing him very wrong.

His first ability is not meant to be good. Its there to be combined with other abilities like reave. if you give yourself 250% ability strength or some viral procs on the enemy, then your reave on a thralled target can literally insta kill them always. Lvl and armor doesn't matter. Also his mesmer skin is one of the strongest abilites when it comes to survival. You literally can't die against normal enemies. Also his first ability is kinda like a cc as well and draws fire away. Also they spread pretty fast... You can always catch 7 guys in your reave. (I would maybe buff his thrall limit a little bit.)

So he can't die. He can kill anything. He has cc. He is so powerful. So when i hear someone say "he lacks dps". While i can kill anything with reave which does 100% hp damage at 250% power lvl. I think you are playing him wrong. Also it only does this damage on thralled enemies. So you have to combine it with reave and when you reave them you get mesmer skin back and mesmer skin aside from making you stay alive gives you free enthrall chances as well.

To call the reave build "niche" is just very narrow minded. I also saw some really braindead dance macabre builds that mowed down anything but i am not sure if they are good at high lvls. The reave build is always good.

I think the only thing revenant needs is some quality of life changes. Like the ability to turn off all his enthralled enemies so he can recast it on new enemies just in case they are not near him.

but enthralling people which defend you while you insta kill them with reave while looking at your mesmer skin stacks is not "boring". If you find that boring i think you will find 90% of the warframes in this game boring. At that point i would suggest just playing a different game. Lets just think about some other warframes like mesa who press 4 and kill the whole room. (Edit: Btw i heard from a friend you can combine it with viral procs so you don't even need 250% ability power and it would add a status chance weapon to the gameplay aswell)

He just needs some quality of life changes but with the right mods he can kill and survive anything even lvl 500 enemies. " His kit is lacks lots of dps " LOL okey dude.

This is just his gameplay. He combines reave with other abilites. The only ability i am not sure about is his 4th. I would change it into something that can be used inbetween reaves or instead of reave with some quality of life changes but he doesn't need any big changes to 1-3. Just give us some quality of life changes which makes these builds more fluid to play.

My suggestions: Make the thrall limit on 1 higher and increase reaves aoe. Also let us turn off thralls when we want. Maybe change 4th ability into something that can be used instead of reave for varity. When i think about some of the other warframes who destroy whole rooms with one button press it seems revenant is just lacking in the range and speed department. Damage and survival is no problem for him. Maybe make reave work a little bit like sevagoths 1. Instead of flying through the room you make a ghost fly through the room or just a wave infront of you. I would like that personally more.

Something more important: DE can you fix the bug where on extermination missions enemies sometimes stop spawning on revenant?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

0/10

doesn’t fix his serious thematic issues.

This isn't me trying to argue, I know better than to argue with someone who knows this particular topic really well. My question though, what's your biggest complaints about Revenant? It it the theme, the abilities, how both somehow don't mesh well with the original idea? I'd enjoy hearing your opinion on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

This isn't me trying to argue, I know better than to argue with someone who knows this particular topic really well. My question though, what's your biggest complaints about Revenant? It it the theme, the abilities, how both somehow don't mesh well with the original idea? I'd enjoy hearing your opinion on it.

You're opening a colossal can of worms with this guy. He won't accept anything short of a total nuke of the frame, simply because of theme mismatch. I, and many others on the forum, have argued countless times with them that Revenant only needs small tweaks and QoL, but they believe that Revenant is broken fundamentally at its core because he's an eidolon and none of his abilities thematically match it.

Except Revenant is not an eidolon. he's a warden that was corrupted with eidolon energy. Being corrupted with eidolon energy doesn't mean he's now 100% an eidolon. This means he should still maintain his original abilities, while having a slight eidolon-like appearance. Gears doesn't accept this, they'd rather have all of his abilities except Danse Macabre removed and replaced with something more akin to the eidolon enemies such as a gun arm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

You're opening a colossal can of worms with this guy. He won't accept anything short of a total nuke of the frame, simply because of theme mismatch. I, and many others on the forum, have argued countless times with them that Revenant only needs small tweaks and QoL, but they believe that Revenant is broken fundamentally at its core because he's an eidolon and none of his abilities thematically match it.

Except Revenant is not an eidolon. he's a warden that was corrupted with eidolon energy. Being corrupted with eidolon energy doesn't mean he's now 100% an eidolon. This means he should still maintain his original abilities, while having a slight eidolon-like appearance. Gears doesn't accept this, they'd rather have all of his abilities except Danse Macabre removed and replaced with something more akin to the eidolon enemies such as a gun arm.

Thanks for letting me know, but trust me I know full well what he's about. I follow him for a reason. Not to be a fanboy or anything, I just enjoy seeing his, and alot of people's opinions, popular or not. I never asked him straight up what his opinion about the whole frame is before until now. The common complaint from him is the theme, which I really don't care about personally. I'd just like to know what his opinion on the perfect revenant would be if he's going to these lengths to keep discussing it...or arguing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

This isn't me trying to argue, I know better than to argue with someone who knows this particular topic really well. My question though, what's your biggest complaints about Revenant? It it the theme, the abilities, how both somehow don't mesh well with the original idea? I'd enjoy hearing your opinion on it.

Spoiler

 

It first starts with his theme. How it makes zero sense to make this quest about a Warframe who got captured and corrupted by the Eidolons, and then have that frame, who looks like an Eidolon now, have vampire powers. The argument of “well he has the vampire powers before getting corrupted” doesn’t make sense because it just begs the question of why DE would make this quest for a frame that firmly sets it up to be an Eidolon Warframe. If there was no intention of actually giving him Eidolon themed powers. It defeats the whole purpose of the quest if the frame literally gets nothing out of it. Also, during the art panel of Tennocon 2018 they talk to the guy who made the concept art for Revenant. The concept art was made when he was working on concept art for the Eidolon Teralyst and the other variants. And he made a comment during the art panel that his idea for an “Eidolon Warframe” would be a frame who attains power that was previously though unattainable. Basically implying that he would actually have the powers and attributes of the sentients.

Then the decision to put a vampire theme onto him directly influenced the design of his abilities. Now Revenant came out in 2018 before ForTuna and was announced and shown off before Tennocon that year. So literally all of the design staff were busy with all of ForTunas content. Which means there was nobody that was readily available to design Revenants ability set. IDK how they came to the decision, but they decide that Rebecca would be the one to design Revenants abilities. Rebecca is the community manager, not a game designer.  And she was the one who put the vampire theme onto Revenant. Despite the fact that his quest has no mention of anything even remotely vampire like and Revenants visual design does not correlate with anything connecting to vampires.

So when we got to his first reveal and ability showcase on one of the Devstreams. Revenant had Enthrall, but the Thralls exploded upon death, Mesmer skin as it still is now, Reave, and an AOE Sleep ability, and had a passive of health regen in relation to how much energy he had. None of the abilities were even remotely similar to anything the Eidolons do. Literally like an hour after the stream there was a tweet that they would be making changes to Revenant to make him more Eidolons themed. I guess nobody was supervising Revenants development up until that point. And that lead to the AOE sleep being replaced with Danse Macabre and the passive being replaced with what it is now.

So jump to his release and Revenant had one of the worst launch states ever. Understand that the only ability synergy he had was that enemies under Mesmer skins effects were free to enthrall, and that was it.

His abilities at their very base are not good. Enthrall being an ability that’s “supposed to die” means that if what it offers upon dying isn’t good enough then the entire ability is worthless. And what they offered was a stationary damage pillar with pitiful damage. Mesmer skin well it is what it is now. It’s not a good tank ability design for a game like Warframe. Reave was meant to be an escape tool that’ll heal you. And Danse Macabre. Well Danse Macabre was and still is the only redeeming part of his kit. It’s so good that DE literally had to nerf it by making it have the highest energy drain in the game just to incentivize players to use his other abilities. That’s how much better Danse Macabre is than the rest of his kit. And go figure it’s the only part of his kit that’s actually Eidolon themed.

So then like a week later they gave Revenant all the buffs that lead to the Revenant we have now. The problem is his first 3 abilities are just poorly designed. He came out in 2018. Same year as Khora, Baruuk, and Garuda. And those 3 frames feel like frames made in that year. But Revenant feels like he was made in 2014. His abilities feel so limited in scale and scope. And consider he’s supposed to be based off the giant robots that can carpet bomb you from like a mile away. Yeah that’s not a good sign. Not to mention that his abilities are also just copies of other frames abilities. Enthral is just Mind control, Mesmer is one of Ameshas abilities, Reave is just tidal surge, and the AOE sleep was Equinox’s rest. He had no sense of originality. And the fact that Reb made the excuse of “After 40 frames it’s hard to come up with original abilities” literally when Garudas right around the corner with her 1,3, and 4 being wholly unique abilities.

Basicaly it didn’t matter what kind of synergies and buffs DE made to Revenants kit. Because his abilities at their very core are so flawed and poorly thought out that they don’t open the way to any good synergy possibilities. Which is probably why they gave him the ability to one shot stuff. Because they knew he’s not well designed so the only thing that can make up for that is some broken mechanic. But even then the setup for the one shot is so slow that 99% of the time you’re literally better off shooting the enemy.

Theres also the fact that if you subsume Defy over Mesmer Skin and put Rage on Revenant he actually becomes a more cohesive frame because it removes the anti synergy of Mesmer skin gimping Danse Macabres scaling mechanic and let’s him maintain his energy and health with rage and Reave. And Revanants just full of anti synergies and redundant mechanics. There is no purpose to Reaves ability to heal Revenant if his primary defense tool completely negates damage. There’s no point in Thralls killed by Danse Macabre to give overshields for the same reason. Reave needing enthrall to do anything that’s actually worth using. I feel like there was another one, but it’s been so long since I’ve brought up his anti synergies that I’ve forgotten.

Overall Revenant is a frame who’s intended theme was completely wasted in favor of making abilities of a completely unrelated theme by someone who doesn’t fully understand what a frame needs to be good.

If this all sounds like incoherent rambling I’m sorry. It’s far easier to argue points against Revenant as they pop up than it is to describe everything that’s wrong with him and how they all overlap in a single go.

 

 

4 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

You're opening a colossal can of worms with this guy. He won't accept anything short of a total nuke of the frame, simply because of theme mismatch. I, and many others on the forum, have argued countless times with them that Revenant only needs small tweaks and QoL, but they believe that Revenant is broken fundamentally at its core because he's an eidolon and none of his abilities thematically match it.

Except Revenant is not an eidolon. he's a warden that was corrupted with eidolon energy. Being corrupted with eidolon energy doesn't mean he's now 100% an eidolon. This means he should still maintain his original abilities, while having a slight eidolon-like appearance. Gears doesn't accept this, they'd rather have all of his abilities except Danse Macabre removed and replaced with something more akin to the eidolon enemies such as a gun arm.

What’s the point of giving him a backstory of him getting corrupted by the Eidolons of his abilities don’t reflect that? Because we’re not getting Warden from the quest. We’re getting Revenant. There is nothing in Revenants quest that even eludes to what his original theme was. Because it doesn’t matter because we’re not getting the frame that he was. We’re getting the frame that he is now.

It’s nothing but a massive middle finger to everyone to make a frame that looks like an Eidolons, has a quest based around how he ended up like that. The have abilities that don’t even remotely relate to Eidolons. It’s like if in Call of the tempestarii, after seeing that Sevagoth and his shadow are part of the same frame, and even getting to play as the shadow. When you finally get Sevagoth his 4th ability just summons a kubrow. It makes no sense. Is contradictive to what we were shown, and is thematically inappropriate.

Also, my rework was replace Enthrall with Vomvalysts, Mesmer with sentient adaptation/eidolon shields, replace Reave with Eidolon energy waves. And maybe replace Danse Macabre with an exalted arm canon.

Erydis, my response to you is in that hidden tab under my quote of your comment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

It first starts with his theme. How it makes zero sense to make this quest about a Warframe who got captured and corrupted by the Eidolons, and then have that frame, who looks like an Eidolon now, have vampire powers. The argument of “well he has the vampire powers before getting corrupted” doesn’t make sense because it just begs the question of why DE would make this quest for a frame that firmly sets it up to be an Eidolon Warframe. If there was no intention of actually giving him Eidolon themed powers. It defeats the whole purpose of the quest if the frame literally gets nothing out of it. Also, during the art panel of Tennocon 2018 they talk to the guy who made the concept art for Revenant. The concept art was made when he was working on concept art for the Eidolon Teralyst and the other variants. And he made a comment during the art panel that his idea for an “Eidolon Warframe” would be a frame who attains power that was previously though unattainable. Basically implying that he would actually have the powers and attributes of the sentients.

Then the decision to put a vampire theme onto him directly influenced the design of his abilities. Now Revenant came out in 2018 before ForTuna and was announced and shown off before Tennocon that year. So literally all of the design staff were busy with all of ForTunas content. Which means there was nobody that was readily available to design Revenants ability set. IDK how they came to the decision, but they decide that Rebecca would be the one to design Revenants abilities. Rebecca is the community manager, not a game designer.  And she was the one who put the vampire theme onto Revenant. Despite the fact that his quest has no mention of anything even remotely vampire like and Revenants visual design does not correlate with anything connecting to vampires.

So when we got to his first reveal and ability showcase on one of the Devstreams. Revenant had Enthrall, but the Thralls exploded upon death, Mesmer skin as it still is now, Reave, and an AOE Sleep ability, and had a passive of health regen in relation to how much energy he had. None of the abilities were even remotely similar to anything the Eidolons do. Literally like an hour after the stream there was a tweet that they would be making changes to Revenant to make him more Eidolons themed. I guess nobody was supervising Revenants development up until that point. And that lead to the AOE sleep being replaced with Danse Macabre and the passive being replaced with what it is now.

So jump to his release and Revenant had one of the worst launch states ever. Understand that the only ability synergy he had was that enemies under Mesmer skins effects were free to enthrall, and that was it.

His abilities at their very base are not good. Enthrall being an ability that’s “supposed to die” means that if what it offers upon dying isn’t good enough then the entire ability is worthless. And what they offered was a stationary damage pillar with pitiful damage. Mesmer skin well it is what it is now. It’s not a good tank ability design for a game like Warframe. Reave was meant to be an escape tool that’ll heal you. And Danse Macabre. Well Danse Macabre was and still is the only redeeming part of his kit. It’s so good that DE literally had to nerf it by making it have the highest energy drain in the game just to incentivize players to use his other abilities. That’s how much better Danse Macabre is than the rest of his kit. And go figure it’s the only part of his kit that’s actually Eidolon themed.

So then like a week later they gave Revenant all the buffs that lead to the Revenant we have now. The problem is his first 3 abilities are just poorly designed. He came out in 2018. Same year as Khora, Baruuk, and Garuda. And those 3 frames feel like frames made in that year. But Revenant feels like he was made in 2014. His abilities feel so limited in scale and scope. And consider he’s supposed to be based off the giant robots that can carpet bomb you from like a mile away. Yeah that’s not a good sign. Not to mention that his abilities are also just copies of other frames abilities. Enthral is just Mind control, Mesmer is one of Ameshas abilities, Reave is just tidal surge, and the AOE sleep was Equinox’s rest. He had no sense of originality. And the fact that Reb made the excuse of “After 40 frames it’s hard to come up with original abilities” literally when Garudas right around the corner with her 1,3, and 4 being wholly unique abilities.

Basicaly it didn’t matter what kind of synergies and buffs DE made to Revenants kit. Because his abilities at their very core are so flawed and poorly thought out that they don’t open the way to any good synergy possibilities. Which is probably why they gave him the ability to one shot stuff. Because they knew he’s not well designed so the only thing that can make up for that is some broken mechanic. But even then the setup for the one shot is so slow that 99% of the time you’re literally better off shooting the enemy.

Theres also the fact that if you subsume Defy over Mesmer Skin and put Rage on Revenant he actually becomes a more cohesive frame because it removes the anti synergy of Mesmer skin gimping Danse Macabres scaling mechanic and let’s him maintain his energy and health with rage and Reave. And Revanants just full of anti synergies and redundant mechanics. There is no purpose to Reaves ability to heal Revenant if his primary defense tool completely negates damage. There’s no point in Thralls killed by Danse Macabre to give overshields for the same reason. Reave needing enthrall to do anything that’s actually worth using. I feel like there was another one, but it’s been so long since I’ve brought up his anti synergies that I’ve forgotten.

Overall Revenant is a frame who’s intended theme was completely wasted in favor of making abilities of a completely unrelated theme by someone who doesn’t fully understand what a frame needs to be good.

If this all sounds like incoherent rambling I’m sorry. It’s far easier to argue points against Revenant as they pop up than it is to describe everything that’s wrong with him and how they all overlap in a single go.

 

 

What’s the point of giving him a backstory of him getting corrupted by the Eidolons of his abilities don’t reflect that? Because we’re not getting Warden from the quest. We’re getting Revenant. There is nothing in Revenants quest that even eludes to what his original theme was. Because it doesn’t matter because we’re not getting the frame that he was. We’re getting the frame that he is now.

It’s nothing but a massive middle finger to everyone to make a frame that looks like an Eidolons, has a quest based around how he ended up like that. The have abilities that don’t even remotely relate to Eidolons. It’s like if in Call of the tempestarii, after seeing that Sevagoth and his shadow are part of the same frame, and even getting to play as the shadow. When you finally get Sevagoth his 4th ability just summons a kubrow. It makes no sense. Is contradictive to what we were shown, and is thematically inappropriate.

Also, my rework was replace Enthrall with Vomvalysts, Mesmer with sentient adaptation/eidolon shields, replace Reave with Eidolon energy waves. And maybe replace Danse Macabre with an exalted arm canon.

Erydis, my response to you is in that hidden tab under my quote of your comment.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-04-27 at 9:15 PM, TheBlackishBoy said:

So the revenant deluxe and a possible prime arent tooo far into the future and i personally love the design and always wanted to like the frame but he just seems to be missing a lot and also is a bit broken in a few ways so here are my suggestions on both the problems i think he has and how to fix them in a fairly easy way, as in no ability overhauls and or little to no animation work.

Problems: 

1. He isnt very active and kinda boring

2. His kit is lacks lots of dps and is viable but also very niche and in some cases just broken

3. A lot of his abilities lack consistency 

Suggestions: 

Well to solve the boring part and make him a bit more active id make his abilities a bit more use both alone and used together that way they aren't just one and one abilities.

1. enthrall: for the most part i think the main problems are it isnt that useful to use the ability more then once and two when you want to use it it can be kinda clunky, not only that but the additive buffs that come with the ability just aren't that great like the pillars. to fix this i would make a simple change where enthralled enemies explode on death dealing damage to the enemies in a 7 meter radius and they also leave the pillar after death.  i would also increase the range of the pillars to like 5 meters and possibly take away the thing where it turns enemies into thralls it kinda makes casting his first irrelevant and sometimes is even annoying. Also idk if its a bug or if its capped but either cap the amount of pillars or just make every thrall drop one on death its just confusing as of rn sometimes they work sometimes they don't. also add bonus functionality to make thralls move to where you aim down sights anddd when enemies fall asleep from your 2 give it a hold function to automatically thrall sleeped enemies just to speed it up a bit to take advantage of the free cast. also possibly add more damage to the pillars and explosions when you are hitting weakpoints or something like that. and maybe give an extra debuff to enemies when if they die from pillars or an explosion they have a chance to drop those shield packs maybe that would only work on thralls but they dont give much shields at all but it would be nice maybe 35%.

2. Mesmer skin: this ability is good and or bad just depends on how and where you use it i think the idea is great tho to counter enemies and use them against themselves BUT i would add some limits and buffs to the skill. First off Id add a bit of a debuff to the ability so when enemies fall asleep by the ability they are given a debuff for their enemy type like his fourth like maybe one corrosive proc for example and if they are enthralled before waking up it will infuse that status into the thralls attacks so they can somewhat debuff other enemies and possibly add it to the explosion and pillar on death. this would turn the disadvantage of losing stacks into a plus youd want to be buffing the thralls and using them to add to your damage output so youd want to lose stacks aswell so it makes the ability good either way. this added with the change on his one would make dealing damage a lot easier and add more synergy. if it still seems OP make stacks take away like 40 shields per stack affected by efficiency that way the shields packs are also still useful and having stacks doesnt make you completely invincible combined with sheilds gating if youre just being completely reckless but doesn't make it bad either and still protects you from a ton of damage also just makes your other abilities more relevant so healing isnt redundant. 

3. Reave: honestly this ability kinda sucks unless abused and even then its not usually fun to use so id nerf and buff it to make it more usable and even a bit more interesting for subsuming. First off id make it a more mobility focused ability make the movement faster, and make it last longer and cancellable by jumping or rolling. id also give it the ability to ascend or lower a bit BUT leave the forward momentum. so it would be like if slash dash could aim in any direction that way its not just a rip off of wukongs ability. Next Id add diminishing returns to the health and shields leech but increase its effectiveness a bit and cap it at 60% when an enemies thralled. and it would effectively work the same way it does now BUT there was a bug where if you run into a thrall it applied the thrall buff to every enemy hit after even if they weren't a thrall i would bring this back since it cant one shot enemies anymore that way its easier to drain more enemies but its not as broken as it was before making it more useful in more situations. ALSO id add a small damage buff to every enemies reaved that adds like 15% damage vulnerability to all enemies reaved and like 30% for reaved thralls. this would make the ability more spammable and more useful even when enemies aren't around, not only that but makes it synergize with other abilities and makes him do just a bit more damage and makes his three fun to use while taking away that broken part of the ability. 

4. Danse Macabre: IDK how to change this ability without changing the animation but with the buffs to the other abilities it would naturally be better. If they change the animation id make it aimable so you could like push all the lasers to one location you aim at slowly kinda like the phage but it would cost more energy sao youd want to only use it on heavy enemies for a short amount of time, it would also make it more active instead of just activating it and moving in a straight line or something, honestly the damage is fine especially with these additions you could even lower it and it would still be higher then it is now just make it less boring..

Aight those are my ideas maybe add a buff to his passive to make it go off every 250 shields that way it just goes off a bit more. 

I just want them to rework his 1 and 4 his 2 and 3 are quite decent abilities, though having like adaptation on his 2 would make him more sentient like, rather than iron skin like ability, but mostly I just want them to remake his 1 and 4. 1 Is really out of place and doesnt suit his theme at all, mind control on a sentient, eidolon themed warframe? Something isnt right. 4 May be sentient like and maybe isnt all that bad interms of how it functions, but the damage adaptation is really meh, look at Baruuk he adapts to all of the weakneses, while Revenant has only gas for health, magnetic for shields and corrosive for armor, the damage is also quite small, it doesnt scale well on higher levels.

I really would like to play him cause I find his theme really nice and interesting and I like how he looks but at the moment his kit is just meh, boring and he    has his dumb thralls on 1, which I hate. :^)

So my suggestion in short is to rework his 1 and maybe make his 4 better or change it as well. His 2 is good as is but I wouldnt mind a sentient like adaptation to damage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-04-28 at 2:55 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

What’s the point of giving him a backstory of him getting corrupted by the Eidolons of his abilities don’t reflect that? Because we’re not getting Warden from the quest. We’re getting Revenant. There is nothing in Revenants quest that even eludes to what his original theme was. Because it doesn’t matter because we’re not getting the frame that he was. We’re getting the frame that he is now.

We don't know anything about Valkyr before Alad V got his hands on her and twisted her into something she's not. Her abilities are a result of Alad's tinkering, some described as her being afraid or unleashing rage. And no, her prime doesn't count as it's shown that primes conflict with the story of the base frame on multiple occurrences. No doubt Revenant Prime will be the same.

Why does everything need a backstory?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

We don't know anything about Valkyr before Alad V got his hands on her and twisted her into something she's not. Her abilities are a result of Alad's tinkering, some described as her being afraid or unleashing rage. And no, her prime doesn't count as it's shown that primes conflict with the story of the base frame on multiple occurrences. No doubt Revenant Prime will be the same.

Why does everything need a backstory?

IDK why you’re stating something that supports my side of the argument. That seems pretty counter intuitive for you.

Not every frame needs a backstory, but Revenant does. And it tells us that he was captured, corrupted, and altered by the Eidolon Sentients. And we get the frame that’s the end result of that. So why does he have abilities that don’t reflect that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

IDK why you’re stating something that supports my side of the argument. That seems pretty counter intuitive for you.

Not every frame needs a backstory, but Revenant does. And it tells us that he was captured, corrupted, and altered by the Eidolon Sentients. And we get the frame that’s the end result of that. So why does he have abilities that don’t reflect that?

Because they're his original abilities that got corrupted. Corruption doesn't equate complete replacement of one thing for another, otherwise the corrupted enemies you fight in the void would be truly Orokin in nature rather than white and gold colored variations of existing enemies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

Because they're his original abilities that got corrupted. Corruption doesn't equate complete replacement of one thing for another, otherwise the corrupted enemies you fight in the void would be truly Orokin in nature rather than white and gold colored variations of existing enemies.

But if the intention was to make a vampire frame why make the visual design and lore of the frame something that doesn’t have any relation or connection to vampires? Why tease a far more interesting frame idea, then deliver something not even remotely close to it?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...