Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Gradivus Dilemma - Yay Or Nay?

STYXOR

Well The dilemma is over, and i gotta say - i did not like this event. yeah sure it introduced a new game-mode and premise, but i did not enjoy it as much as i wanted to. It is an interesting concept of the Tenno being the force that keeps the balance, and then DE goes in and ruins this by playing with the player`s feelings by stating that - it`s either help your kind to survive, or *insert cliche here*, instead of actually expanding the game`s lore before such an event. 
Because DE (currently) do not wish to expand the lore of the game, supporting any of the factions is boring and dull, as you do not know anything about them - how their society is built, where do they live, how do they live, are there families and friends, and such. I went and supported the Corpus for a very simple reason: they are still human in a way - there are the common folk, those that did not do any wrong, and are just trying to live their lives in peace. Some may even secretly support the Tenno (I have mentioned a neutral faction before), and such are "Redeemable" - they need protection, and as a Tenno we need to uphold that premise.
Okay, so did i like the game-play? Nope. It is a sorry excuse for a new game-play mechanic, more of an excuse when there are many bright-minded and experienced players, that offered amazing yet simple ideas to DE for the "Invasion" mode - basic squad control mechanic, DOTA like game-play with PvP (or without it), and may others, but it seems like the quality of events is degrading as of late. I understand that creating a full on faction war is very hard, and executing many of the player`s feedback is hard as-well, but instead of postponing the event and tweaking it, DE gives us this? Broken AI that constantly blocks your way, use-less "troops" that don`t do enough damage to be considered helpful, and a downright insult to player intelligence - by window-dressing extermination, slapping in some opposite faction troops and calling it INVASION, like they actually tried to create a new and creative game-mode! So in the end we were forced to do dozens of 3-5 minute runs, listen to the same audio clips and run the same damn tileset over and over (couldnt make more than one for this event DE?)!
I know that most people went in for the rewards, and i understand them, though i did not care much for them myself.
And even though the Corpus lost, i`m going to wear my badge with pride, knowing i tried to change the outcome.

JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR: I did like the idea, but the execution was not so great.

I`m just trying to give a lil` tough love to DE, I like their work and i hate to see a game with so much potential

become a "Mid-grade 3rd person shooter", like most of their work, which saddens me greatly!

So that`s my opinion, but i wanna know what YOU think! Did you enjoy this event? Would you change anything, or did you like it the way it is? 
Please let us know, so we can help improve future events! 

STYXOR.

Edited by STYXOR

That black text.

Found the event quite tedious after a few missions. Too linear and too many same old voice overs which started to irritate me. Especially when the Lotus joined them and kept saying 'Something's wrong... There's a heavy unit approaching... It's the Grineer', many times in a row within the space of 3 mins. Well... You don't say Lotus? We are boarding a Grineer ship after all.

Overall should've been expanded further and made more diverse.

Edited by Naith

I enjoyed the event. Also, why is black text a thing? I can't read any of it.

But yeah, I enjoyed it. I learned more about the Corpus and Grineer and Tenno from this event, from ways that weren't just exposition dumps or just straightforward telling me how things are. It was a fresh take on extermination, and pretty cool to boot. Yes, I would've preferred varying objectives, but I liked it. It was unique, new, fresh, for a while. It also brought everyone involved a boat load of things. Most of Vauban, hundreds of thousands of credits for only a few missions, weapon and potato bps, forma bps, helmet bps. And, on top of all that, you got a new weapon at 25 missions and 100 missions. Okay, maybe it wasn't the one you wanted, but it's still new. It's still a new thing to use.

All in all, I enjoyed it.

ts i am little tired as it now to write a wall of text about event.

to be short, idea is good - execution... eh.

p.s. copypaste OP somewhere, like a word or even better notepad and copy again and past it here.

Edited by Althix

Depends on how the hacking incident and obvious rigging of the event affects the rewards.

-If they give everyone the weapons for the faction they supported, I wouldn't consider it all bad.

-If they proceed as planned despite the obvious internal and external rigging of the result, and despite the feedback they got on the reward scheme, I'll consider it a disaster.

Im sorry, but this seems more like a hate post than anything useful, maybe that's just me. I for one thought the event was a bit grindy, but fun nonetheless. considering NONE of us who have posted so far work at DE and make video games, we dont know how hard it is to do stuff, implementing a MOBA type mode into a over the shoulder shooter? forget it dude, that would have had to been worked on months, maybe even years ago, so im not surprised it wasn't thought about, no matter how cool it sounds.

So just calm down, be patient, and wait for U11 :)

Edited by BuriedShadows

Depends on how the hacking incident and obvious rigging of the event affects the rewards.

-If they give everyone the weapons for the faction they supported, I wouldn't consider it all bad.

-If they proceed as planned despite the obvious internal and external rigging of the result, and despite the feedback they got on the reward scheme, I'll consider it a disaster.

Internal Rigging? What is THAT supposed to mean? The only tampering down was by that -insert hateful an mean names- guy/girl who caused the problems.

There were two different tilesets for the middle, the one with the asteroid and the one without.

Unless it was one tile with two different routes, seemed like two to me.

Anyway, I enjoyed it, and hope it is expanded on.

Sure the gameplay got dull after 100 runs, but what wouldn't!

I'd love to see something similar with multiple objectives materialise.

Maybe no friendly AI spawn in front of you, or very few, and you have to push forward and secure areas before moving on.

I also feel like the larger aspect on the starchart could be expanded on.

Overall, as an initial test of a new gamemode, yay.

As an event, yay, I enjoyed it, but I understand how some would not.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Im sorry, but this seems more like a hate post than anything useful, maybe that's just me. I for one thought the event was a bit grindy, but fun nonetheless. considering NONE of us who have posted so far work at DE and make video games, we dont know how hard it is to do stuff, implementing a MOBA type mode into a over the should shooter? forget it dude, that would have had to been worked on months, maybe even years ago, so im not surprised it wasn't thought about, no matter how cool it sounds.

So just calm down, be patient, and wait for U11 :)

As i stated - i did enjoy the event, but not as i would like to.

and the MOBA thing - totally agree (stated in the OP aswell), but a dumbed-down version of it would have worked much better IMO.

Good event. To much butt hurt tho. Not DE's fault the maturity level of gamers has dwindled to this.

It is not about maturity mate - i am a DE fan since childhood. 

I grew up on UT, and i really liked Dark Sector! 

It just pains me that DE repeat their mistakes all over again, when they have a chance not to!

It is not about maturity mate - i am a DE fan since childhood. 

I grew up on UT, and i really liked Dark Sector! 

It just pains me that DE repeat their mistakes all over again, when they have a chance not to!

To play Devil's advocate for a moment, it's possible there are a lot of new members in DE, or that there are just a lot of things to do when it comes to decisions, and things get lost in paperwork or something along those lines.

Plus, what if your idea is really good, it was just interpreted wrongly. You can't try something once and only once before giving up. It's a good idea to try the same idea a few times in different manners.

That said, I agree. Repeating mistakes is painful. But hey, we're all here for the beta, so it's just something we gotta live with, yanno?

My feelings are mixed, overall. I would've liked to see more variety in the missions; I don't feel that the amount of time they asked players to sink in was unreasonable, but it got dull pretty fast. The first few runs had a good feel to them, and with lasers and explosions flying everywhere, it captured a chaotic battlefield well (unless the spawns went screwy, but that didn't happen much). Problem is, when repeated enough, the good bits (larger scale battle, new maps, etc) become routine and the bad bits stand out more (allies blocking your shots, the power imbalances between Grineer and Corpus units, etc). I get the impression that they didn't adequately consider "will this still be fun at run 25? 50? 100?"

Agreed that the structure of the rewards was just asking for complaints. Heck, the initial thread was full of people wondering why the rewards scheme worked the way it did, and that was before it was clear that any one side was ahead. (Not to be confused with the AMOUNT of rewards, which seems fine to me, even a bit high when you factor in battle pay.)  I don't think they foresaw how much the early advantage would snowball for the Grineer.

In terms of other events, I liked it more than Arid Fear, but less than the Survival Weekend or Sling Stone.

Edited by Chymos

1) i had this feeling that this event is more Clan oriented rather than community oriented.

2) if you about to divide community in two, you must also provide brackets for clans. Divide entire theatre of war for clans. Like Moons are fighting on these 3 planets etc.

3) Such event actually must have coordination on a level of Clan leaders. To create line of front. However in the end there is only one winner (well three), so any attempts for coordination are doomed to failure.

4) you can't divide community on two even parts. you just can't. you can force community to play on different sides but you can't really make them split on even parts. As result one side will always have superior numbers of players, which means more points. So even if we would have brackets on basis of clan tiers it would'nt help much. So i am kinda sure that this event has been one sided.

5) battle pay. if you were smart, you could get a lot of tatoes and other useful stuff from this event. because merc attitude is the best attitude. Grineer? Corpus? who gives a damn when one side offers just better reward?

Battle pay in form of orokin reactors and catalyst is kinda wrong. I understand it is a broad gesture from DE's side, but really. I think it was too much.

Rewards like forma, ct resources, credits, bps, rare resources like orokin cells is actually a good battle pay as long as both sides offers the same rewards. Basically most of the players were forced to play against one side or another just because reward was better. You could be like me of course and choose credits or mutagens or gallium over reactor, but i believe majority of players were smarter.

6) Limitation of personal reward. Very bad idea. No matter who would win corpus or grineer. Player supporting losing side also lose. It would be fair in a fair fight, but fight was unfair. It was one sided. So as it now corpus players are kinda... screwed, and bad. Which is unfair i think even if i was playing for grineer. I am looking right now on Corpus best player. This player has made 2304 runs... for nothing. Kinda unfair.

7) Same goes to top clans rewards. <- this thing is a reason why we can't have coordination on high command level on any event. Because basically there are only three winners(but in truth we know there is only one). Clan based rewards for clan goal must be applied. And only after that reward for a clan that contributed most.

8) Duration of the event. 7 days. A week. Too damn long.

so i guess this is about it. I will skip rant about grindfest and repeating enviroment.

As a presentation of new game mode, this event too much of a mess, when idea is actually good.

Edited by Althix

Idea on paper: YAY

Execution of event and playing: NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN

The rewards and the reaching of them: DE you are one damn annoying group... The amount of grinding is just nightmare. You should have putted the T3 rewards able to achieve at 75 then 100 should have something cosmetic. Just like Storch said on my clan.

Internal Rigging? What is THAT supposed to mean?

DE was rigging the rewards in favor of the Grineer at the start. It got out of hand instantly, and with the nodes that followed looking like a pattern, many clans/players sided with Grineer. Later they tried to rig it the other way, but to no avail.

Yea!

+Lots of character/lore

+AI allies were fun and gave a good chance to see opponents up close and personal in action without me immediately turning them into coleslaw.

+Moral decisions. Personal views vs. rewards vs. clan politics. Brilliant! Tough decisions should be tough.

-Could have used more mission types

-T3 reward threshold was a bit too 'grindy' for what I think of as a casual game. Hardcore folks still have the leaderboard trophies to go nuts for.

-Everyone should've gotten the reward they wanted. ie. Corpus backers (defeated) should still a blueprint of the Corpus weapon and Gen. supporters (victors) get the supercharged weapon.

Overall, it was a great event and I had a lot of fun. Thanks!

I think this event is a BIG YAY. Most fun event I've ever participated on Warframe. I learn a lot more about Corpus and Grineer specially Salad V and Ruk.

Then the OP mentioned about not knowing the background of Corpus and Grineer, I don't have the same problem as some of the info were already provided during the monologs and wiki readings. I also thought they wanted to leave some space for our own imagination to carry it on as well, not limiting people from coming up with interesting cannon.

Getting to fight along the side of our favorite fraction is also really awesome as some of us has been waiting for this for a long time, if you don't hurry up and only think about grinding it to 100 and actually take sometime to enjoy the atmosphere, it really support the lore of this game.

The rewards are also really nice to get people to participate. It's not just keep playing until you get a single item in the end but little things we get from participating from time to time that get me keep doing the run as well.

I'm also sure there are people who worship Grineer or Corpus at heart who ignore the way better reward from the other side. [GRINEER ALL THE WAY!] Basically I see this event as a big hit for people who really play this game for the lore like me.

There are things I don't like about it, too. I must agree that 7 days of the event is a bit too long although I understand it give the opportunity to people who may have time conflict and the mission gets kinda competitive after 50 runs.

Sometimes the reward system is unfair when it comes to comparison on both sides. [for example, blue potatoes vs 100k] But I also understand if to be looked at as Lore based, AladV really wanna slap some expensive stuff for support. [booooo]

In conclusion, I don't know what else to ask for from this event, I'm more than satisfied and I found this event really inspiring.

Basic idea was fun. I did 190 missions. The reward incentive concept was good. Lots of great stuff for participation.

Loved the asteroid tile. It's awesome, I hope to see it again soon.

The rewards being heavily stacked in the grineer favor twas disappointing. The gameplay being heavily stacked in the grineer favor was depressing.

Good idea, bad execution. =/

Kind of purposely ticked off a lot of the player base for no reason.