Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could Punch Through do with a rework?

Zahnny

13 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Idunno, I kinda wish Punch Through was as build viable as status and crit mods. Maybe even an overall rebalance of weapons to give them punch through or a higher amount.

Punch through is on most of my ranged weapons, it really helps them out with crowd control, with high DPS weapons such as Shotguns it is almost a must have.

3 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Also, there's a assault rifle with basically infinite punch-through available through the Daily Tribute system, as a potential reward for logging in for 100 cumulative days. Go Farm for it if you want a punch-through based build.

Huh, if only I mentioned that weapon in the OP or something.

Oh and for the record...I DO own it. At over 1600+ days

Unfortunately the Zenith falls short because despite having infinite punch through when the disc is out, it only highlights enemies in a short to medium radius around the disc. While the disc doesn't have a lot of horizontal range when fired. An improvement would be firing it like the Buzlok's alt fire, to pin it to a wall at a distance, and highlighting enemies around it that way.

1 hour ago, ReddyDisco said:

modding for punch through is like carrying dancing shoes everywhere, not very practical. Unless you're prone to spontaneous dance routine

more like Modding for PT is like carrying dancing Shoes everywhere, when you live in a Town where there are more Dance Halls than there is Residential Housing.

31 minutes ago, taiiat said:

more like Modding for PT is like carrying dancing Shoes everywhere, when you live in a Town where there are more Dance Halls than there is Residential Housing.

then you have to give up your trousers or shirt, would be nicer to be dressed  and dancing then be chased by police for public nudity

Punch Through is meant to let you hit multiple enemies with a single shot, not to wall hack your way through 10m thick constructs. Imo, Punch Through as it is right now is good enough, although I wouldn't mind more dual stat mods with punch through.

1 minute ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

One thing I'd also like to see would be bodypart obstructed headshots.

I feel like as long as the bullet goes through the head, it should count as a headshot, no matter if it hit the shoulder or whatever first.

Huh. This is something I've thought about consistantly but never thought to address it. I'm not sure what it'd take to implement it though.

12 minutes ago, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

One thing I'd also like to see would be bodypart obstructed headshots.

I feel like as long as the bullet goes through the head, it should count as a headshot, no matter if it hit the shoulder or whatever first.

10 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Huh. This is something I've thought about consistantly but never thought to address it. I'm not sure what it'd take to implement it though.

you just unrestrict how Damage applies to Enemies, so that you can multi-hit an Enemy if you pass through multiple parts of it. so if you shot from the side with PT you'd hit the Arm and then the Torso and then the other Arm.

"but unbalanced" would probably be the first response in resistance from anyone, is it, really? not really. the difference will be miniscule in 99% of content but that off chance that it does let you hit something that you should be able to hit, you'd still notice. and besides a Headshot is often octuple Damage, and being able to multi-hit an Enemy would be maybe triple. so still worse than just shooting something in the face and takes more positioning/setup to do it to boot.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

"but unbalanced" would probably be the first response in resistance from anyone

Better than an intended feature being called "wall hacks" as someone said earlier. We can nuke entire battlefields with the click of a button, but I want to line up a shot and shoot someone that would have the same effect as AoE and suddenly that's too much to ask.

I'd dare say that Warframe in general is so powerful now, that straight up, you could play the game with hacks enabled and still get outperformed by someone with a meta build or knows what they are doing.

Archived