Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lavan or Zetki?

ShadowStarx1

Question

21 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

just realized i made an error in the first post.

I meant the Plating, not the shield.

plating you have 2 strategies but 3 plates.  zetki plate is pretty much a waste.  Middling stats on paper, but more importantly lowest ehp (effective hitpoints factoring in armor) of the 3, no advantages whatsoever.  Of the remaining two, they have similar ehp (about a 3% difference maxed out.)  The difference is that the one with less actual hull but more armor would take less time to regen to full (about 25% faster.)  That's the one I went with, vidar.  As far as I can tell, a railjack can't get any kind of armor reduction proc/hazard, so unless someone can clarify on that point, it looks like vidar's a slam dunk.

edit: I'm trying to find confirmation that hull regens at a fixed rate and not a %, and what I can find is that the hull restores repair a fixed amount.  I can confirm shield regens a %, but wiki doesn't say how hull regens.  Worst case, a 3% cut to ehp for 25% more effective hull restores isn't too bad either I guess, though I can't imagine forging a hull restore.

oh, Plating? i missed that.
yeah, EHP wise Lavan or Vidar Plating is effectively the same. Zetki Plating is objectively worse.

there is that Lavan Perk for bonus Shields which maybe you want, or there's the wrinkle that depending on how the Ship Regens, if it's a Percentage then it's w/e but if the Regen is a specific value, then Vidar will retain more EHP during Combat.

Zetki shields, 1s delay recharge with fast recharge percentage.

Vidar plating, more armor, hull takes less damage. Depending on how many crew members you have with repair level 5, you will probably barely take any damage.

Engines...that's preference I guess.

Reactor, also preference. I chose Zetki mk3.

The Zetki mk2 offers 80% strength which was already overkill, so I took the Mk3 which has less strength but adds Range for use with my Blackout Pulse(I barely have to use that either).

there's no way that Zetki Shields aren't still the best unless you rarely ever take any actual Damage, in which case your Ships' EHP doesn't matter because you're not being attacked.
the shorter the Shield Recharge Delay is, the easier it is for you to regen Shields.

Reactors is personal preference though.

2 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

Which as I mentioned originally, none of the hazards touch armor.  So unless there's some other kind of proc I don't know about, no reason to not go all armor.

I've tried to clarify that there is a proc for armors but apaprently is just for enemies and the puncture proc on us would be just more dmg on the ship, also reaffirming your statement about armor/shields not being touched. I wasn't correcting you or something, just adding more info.

hmm.. well as a solo space pirate I wanted a space tank that kills all :) so after trying all of the different types and combos i finally decided that Lavan Shield, Zekti Engines, Lavan Plating and Lavan Reactor was the best way to go.. good armour, great hull, and good shields make it my "happy place in space" chuck on a Talyn and Photor/pulsar with Ironclad Matrix and it can withstand just about anything and kill everything pretty nicely.

Just now, vanaukas said:

The hazards are the procs, we get different hazards from the enemies based on the same dmg system, kinda similar to what happen to us as frames. Corpus with electrical weapons doesn't stunlock us as we do against them, for example.

Which as I mentioned originally, none of the hazards touch armor.  So unless there's some other kind of proc I don't know about, no reason to not go all armor.

10 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

I never really noticed any proc icons show up on a railjack, just the hazards, which is also all wiki mentions specifically.  :shrug:  Doesn't mean it's not happening, just not that I can remember off the top of my head.

The hazards are the procs, we get different hazards from the enemies based on the same dmg system, kinda similar to what happen to us as frames. Corpus with electrical weapons doesn't stunlock us as we do against them, for example.

Just now, vanaukas said:

There is a proc but temporal (puncture on railjack) and the list on the wiki just show procs on enemies, our railjack gets different procs and I'm not sure where to look for them since they aren't listed in game or the wiki AFAIK. I think we just recieve more dmg and no reduction on armor/shield per se

I never really noticed any proc icons show up on a railjack, just the hazards, which is also all wiki mentions specifically.  :shrug:  Doesn't mean it's not happening, just not that I can remember off the top of my head.

7 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

As far as I can tell, a railjack can't get any kind of armor reduction proc/hazard, so unless someone can clarify on that point, it looks like vidar's a slam dunk.

There is a proc but temporal (puncture on railjack) and the list on the wiki just show procs on enemies, our railjack gets different procs and I'm not sure where to look for them since they aren't listed in game or the wiki AFAIK. I think we just recieve more dmg and no reduction on armor/shield per se

3 minutes ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

Shield Gate?

Oh boy *puts on lecture glasses*

Warframe a few months ago introduced the concept of shield gate.

It's a mechanic in which you gain temporary invulnerability ,when a shield is completely depleted ,for about 1.3 seconds. This makes sure the extra damage doesn't leak into the health pool.

So if you have 100 shields , 100 health and take 500 incoming damage , you will be left with 0 shields and 100 health with one second to perform any action to avoid further damage.

The shield gate will only kick in if you have more than 0 shields before you take the damage.

A partially recharged shield will give 0.3 second gate , a fully recharged shield (or overshield) will give 1.3 seconds.

In case of railjack , shields have different shield capacity , recharge rate and recharge delay (time between taking damage and shield recharging) 

Zetki has the lowest (potential) recharge delay of 1 second. This let's you take advantage of shield gating as long as you can avoid damage for atleast a second.

... I chose Lavan Shields, because it seems to be more efficient.

I can't say anything about reactor because, honestly, I don't use anything other than passive plexus mods, as my choices regarding my Railjack were so good that I see no practical use for anything else other than passives.

Note: Preferences are not debatable. My preferences are not the preferences of any other player.

8 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Zetki shield (maxed) is probably the best shield as it will let you trigger the shield gate more often. the passive stats are just meh across the board for most of the shields.

The reactor is really up to you , each has its own perks (strength , range duration) depending on which battle skill you use frequently.

Shield Gate?

Shields I went zetki because it has the shortest recharge delay.  My strategy is to have lots of fast engagements, so max shields isn't that important to me, having some shields is better than having no shields.

Maybe controversial but I went vidar plating for similar reasons, hull regenerates at a fixed rate, and since I don't want to give it time to regenerate huge pools of hull, I want the hull it does regenerate to be as rugged as possible, hence max armor.

Reactor I went zetki for that strength and range.  Duration is just useless for the battle mods I have equipped.  And the battle mods that use duration, I wouldn't want it high anyway, I want to get the mission done, not hang out waiting for what at that point would be a purely visual effect to go away.

Zetki shield (maxed) is probably the best shield as it will let you trigger the shield gate more often. the passive stats are just meh across the board for most of the shields.

The reactor is really up to you , each has its own perks (strength , range duration) depending on which battle skill you use frequently.

After the last update I choose my reactor based on which ability stat(s) I wanted boosted first, and the perk second. This is going to depend on your battle avionics and maybe which frame you pick to pilot (i.e. whether you're spamming abilities or not). That said, I think range is probably the important stat for most abilities.

For my shield array I picked Lavan for the perk (energy spent gives shields) and built around using it. The only other perk that seems worthwhile is the Zetki extra damage when shield depleted.

If I were picking based purely on shields stats it'd probably be Zetki. Lower delay in the middle of a fight seems more useful. 

I'm not sure any of it is that significant. I suspect most of the choices are minor optimisations.

Off the top of my head, I think I went Lavan for shields and Zekti for reactor. Dunno why I went Lavan for shields though.

Went Zekti for "Ability" Strength. Assuming I got that right.

The bonuses vary, I couldn't be bothered to check what the options were at the time, but everything seems to work fine?

Archived