Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the best way to farm Cetus Wisps?

ismellpestilence

Question

22 answers to this question

As everyone have said: as much as loot radars as you can fit in. Then your preferred method of transportation, some use archwings, i use wukong's 2 to get from pond to pond. Everyone have their own most efficient route, you will come up with one as well.

It can be quite confusing if you don't know what you're doing or what to look for, so watching videos to get you started can be a great idea. My main man zilchy there got you covered.

One last stuff that really helped me are boosters and smeeta. These things can be pretty boring to farm, but getting more in one run definitely soften the blow by a lot. I really don't want to look for wisps without them.

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

At least poor Itzal still has some use after the last beating he took. :sadcry:

My boy never bounced back...

Thankfully aw are just transport now so i can still use him cuz he looks the coolest.

Aw... Transport. Kdrives... Transport. Rj... Taxi. I'm starting to see a pattern here 🤔 next on the chopping board, necramechs...?

14 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

The reason I use archwing is because each water body has specific spots for loot to be. Once you learn them you'll know which loot icons are wisps instead so you can just cruise over each body of water without even stopping to check after a bit of practice. And cosmic crush is very effective for grabbing them.

At least poor Itzal still has some use after the last beating he took. :sadcry:

2 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

It's all muscle memory now, I can't really tell... But even if it doesn't, cloud walker even with some durations is like what, 3 seconds? I always stop at every ponds anyway, I'll inevitably see one if there's a wisp there.

I haven't tried the archwing method, it does look faster & more efficient -i'll even give it a shot if I ever need to farm wisps again. So I'll just leave the slower warframe method as an option for OP since he looks new at this and pretty confused.

Cuz u know, i didn't believe that the dam wisps were there either until i actually searched meticulously and find one. Only after that i could comfortably go faster and faster.

The reason I use archwing is because each water body has specific spots for loot to be. Once you learn them you'll know which loot icons are wisps instead so you can just cruise over each body of water without even stopping to check after a bit of practice. And cosmic crush is very effective for grabbing them.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Can you see loot radar in Cloud Walker? I'm not even sure, I guess you probably can.

It's all muscle memory now, I can't really tell... But even if it doesn't, cloud walker even with some durations is like what, 3 seconds? I always stop at every ponds anyway, I'll inevitably see one if there's a wisp there.

I haven't tried the archwing method, it does look faster & more efficient -i'll even give it a shot if I ever need to farm wisps again. So I'll just leave the slower warframe method as an option for OP since he looks new at this and pretty confused.

Cuz u know, i didn't believe that the dam wisps were there either until i actually searched meticulously and find one. Only after that i could comfortably go faster and faster.

41 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

The smeeta buff remains if you got it on foot and then switch to Archwing. That's how I do it anyways. You can't get new buffs while in archwing as you said your pet is disabled.

ah yeh fair. I've usually finished each run in about 3 minutes and instantly take to the air from Cetus so my smeeta doesn't exist on the run.

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Only need to equip loot radar on your frame actually cos in Archwing your companion's mods aren't active. Smeeta likewise cannot give a bonus for wisp farming unless you do it in your frame and not archwing.

Ah yes should've make it clearer. I did all my wisp farming using wukong and not archwing.

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Only need to equip loot radar on your frame actually cos in Archwing your companion's mods aren't active. Smeeta likewise cannot give a bonus for wisp farming unless you do it in your frame and not archwing.

The smeeta buff remains if you got it on foot and then switch to Archwing. That's how I do it anyways. You can't get new buffs while in archwing as you said your pet is disabled.

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

As everyone have said: as much as loot radars as you can fit in. Then your preferred method of transportation, some use archwings, i use wukong's 2 to get from pond to pond. Everyone have their own most efficient route, you will come up with one as well.

It can be quite confusing if you don't know what you're doing or what to look for, so watching videos to get you started can be a great idea. My main man zilchy there got you covered.

One last stuff that really helped me are boosters and smeeta. These things can be pretty boring to farm, but getting more in one run definitely soften the blow by a lot. I really don't want to look for wisps without them.

Any archwing, Loot Detector/Thief's wit mod, night time.

When entering PoE go right and flight around the borders of that first long lake (Gara Thot lake).

Loot radar will show you also some trees etc. But if you fly very low above the ground you will see if it is wisp or not. And there is only about 5-7 spawning places which you will learn by the time.

When you are finished with Gara Thot lake I recommend to leave and re-enter PoE again. You should get 1-3 per run (double with booster).

(You can optionally fly around other lakes BUT I found it time-ineffective)

I actually prefer using Zephyr, with maxed loot radar and Efficiency/Duration + Tail Wind.

You can also use Preparation + Primed Flow to not have to think about energy at all. And add normal movement speed if you feel like it.

To me Zephyr is a lot less clunky to use than than "arch-winging", and you get better radar coverage. Zephyr's speed and increased "air glide" makes up for not having an additional Primed Animal Instinct on Venari, since you quickly learn to spot the wisps from the air.

The key to efficiency is doing one of the route options at night, with a Smeeta and a booster. Covering your route preference by gliding through the PoE night with Zephyr takes approx. 5 minutes, and generally lets you pick up 5-7 wisps (+ booster & Smeeta) and some extra Zen at the same time.

Best tip i can give is to whip out the scanner. The wisps will not show up, but maprico trees and chests will light up. You can watch the mini map for loot and then quickly identify what is not a wisp and move on. If you see loot on the map, but nothing lights up on the scanner, then there is a wisp there.

Loot radar, itzal, night. crush any loot you see on the shores of any bodies of water.  I have best luck hitting the shores of the big lake, then working my way to the stream in the northwest corner checking any ponds along the way.  extract and go again.  (some people have some luck on some of the other big ponds, but I don't feel the odds are usually good enough to be worth the detour.)

Cetus Wisps spawn on the banks near bodies of water. Hovering slightly up and down. They are tiny so get familiar with what they look like. (Can't believe they increased the size of scintilant on deimos which were already HUGE, but forgot the wisps). When you get close they fly off after a short time.

Look on your minimap. As suggested equip loot radars on your pet (animal instinct) and on your frame to improve radar. They will show up as normal lootable objects.

They spawn more often during night time. You can study a route, which would be optimal. Don't worry about taking a while. You'll get the hang of it. Like I said, they are always near water as long as it is a deep enough pond or river.

I wouldn't actively farm these because it will take a while. Spawns are random. you may end up with 0 or you may end up with 10. I only go looking for these things when I have a drop booster so you get double. Do note that Kavat Charm boost also affects this. I was able to get 4 wisps a pop when I had a booster active last time from the daily log in. Got so many wisps I don't know what to do with em :D 

Ignore the Itzal blinking, I made this a while ago. I went nice and slow so you can see what I'm doing, I'm using loot radar and flying high above each water body. I'm high up so I don't spook the wisps, when I see loot near the water I stop, establish if I can see a crate, maprico plant etc. If I can't it's probably a wisp. I then either visually spot it and swoop in or I come in close and use range on my Cosmic Crush ability to vacuum it up. 

• Khora with mas loot radar, plus Primed Instinct on both Venari and another companion. Preparation mod equipped if possible, if not use energy pizzas.
  • Itzal Archwing with max range and energy pool, and efficiency.
  • Know your route, practice it.
  • Follow that route and check loot icons near water, as they might be Wisps. Position yourself above them and use Itzal's 3rd ability to vacuum them in.
  • Rinse and repeat. 

There's other ways ofc, but this is my favorite and most comfortable one. Also, Arcane Energize, if at all viable, provides good opportunities for refueling the Itzal along the way if needed.

Equip as many loot radar mods as you can, then fly up and down the plains while looking at the minimap, only stopping when you see a loot icon on the edge of the water.

I would start by going to the left, starting at the pond with the small middle Island, left further to the pond right before where the mountains start, then zigzagging between the bodies of water while going further from the gate. Then finishing it by going down the river and sweeping over the Gara Toht Lake.

Check the wiki page to see where they can spawn, and plot a path along the lakes.  Equip enough Loot Radar so you see them from afar.  Fly low on arching so they show up on loot radar.  Go at night to maximize spawns.

That's kind of it off the top of my head.  They are tiny and float/disappear quick, so remember to be quick about grabbing them.

Archived