Hildryn deserves to really Fly.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

i've been talking with clan mates about Hildryn's Aegis storm.

my problem with this ability is i feel like i'm getting Crowd controlled by myself.

Can they change it's flight mechanics so it allows actual high speed flight? easy to maneuver in close quarters as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

change it's flight mechanics so it allows actual high speed flight?

Doesn't even need to be super high or anything, but yes, an increase to the base movement speed while hovering would be great.

I once got boosted by ... dunno, a Volt or Wisp or whatever, and it felt completely different, just SO much better.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

Aegis Storm is mainly a crowd control ability, so having a high flight speed seems rather counter-productive.

Ongoing CC that moves with you, seems to not exactly discourage moving around.

Although I now recognize Aegis Storm's power, I still heavily dislike using it precisely due to how slow it is. An increase to its base speed is not going to make Hildryn overpowered, but it would certainly make her 4 smoother.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Ongoing CC that moves with you, seems to not exactly discourage moving around.

The control area moves, not the controlled enemies. You might not want them to be able to shoot again because you made a 5m-sidestep instead of a 0.5m one.

That being said, i wouldn't mind if you restrict the flight speed to the sprint -- which is currently not used except for evading afaik.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

you made a 5m-sidestep instead of a 0.5m one.

Come on now, that's massively blowing things out of proportion,
nobody's asking for her to instantly move that far just by tapping a button.

26 minutes ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

control area

Of course, if you're looking to CC a specific area, you're pretty much not gonna move at all
(possibly switching to Operator to still engage enemies while moving around).

I'm not talking about that situation, I'd simply like to make her CC great for more than just stationary defense.

Like, Sevagoth got a CC area that moves with him, that's useful for more mobile missions and all,
what's the harm in giving Hildryn something similar, why does she need to be so curtailed in her mobility?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Come on now, that's massively blowing things out of proportion,
nobody's asking for her to instantly move that far just by tapping a button.

OP asked for "high speed flight". At the frame level, Zephyr's Tail Wind, Titania's Razorwing and Wukong's Cloud Walker come to mind. Obviously there's a lot of room between that and her current flight speed. :p

Edited by maycne.sonahoz

Hopper, the only reason that Hildryn hovers at all is to nerf the power of Aegis Storm. Along with disabling her other weapons and her 2.

If we could move at high speed, with a massive-radius Bastille on enemies that produces Energy Orbs, that would literally be the best CC in the game, no questions asked.

It's exactly the same reason why Mesa can't move in her 4 unless you augment it, sacrificing a mod-slot. It's a nerf to ensure the large AoE doesn't have zero drawbacks to use.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

It's exactly the same reason why Mesa can't move in her 4 unless you augment it, sacrificing a mod-slot. It's a nerf to ensure the large AoE doesn't have zero drawbacks to use.

So can we have an augment that allows Hildryn to move faster and use her arsenal with Aegis Storm? It could even have a drawback on the cc effectiveness. If not, no worries, because reworked Zephyr has the sweet death-from-above gameplay I wanted, and my Hildryn is plant food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

If we could move at high speed, with a massive-radius Bastille on enemies that produces Energy Orbs, that would literally be the best CC in the game, no questions asked.

Except it's not like Bastille, it needs line of sight, which in Warframe can be quite a massive drawback,
to say nothing of how it's not even just LOS but also punishes hover height in regards to the range for some reason.

Furthermore add to it that you can't restore your Shields via abilities while AS is active,
unlike how you can just e.g. trigger Energizing Dash while Bastilles are all over the place,
it's IMO not as supreme as you make it out to be (inb4 nerfing Booben, we'll be having none of that, kthx).

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

It's exactly the same reason why Mesa can't move in her 4 unless you augment it

Mesa kills. Hildryn mostly just tickles enemies while they're CC'd.

Kills are simply better the vast majority of the time, the abilities are not equal.

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

So can we have an augment that allows Hildryn to move faster and use her arsenal with Aegis Storm? It could even have a drawback on the cc effectiveness.

Probably, but it would genuinely need to nerf the effectiveness of the main features.

15 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Except it's not like Bastille

Zek? Bastille with line-of-sight is still 'like Bastille'. Doesn't have to kill, it's still the same reason. The ability would be too powerful if it could move at full speed.

32 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Doesn't have to kill, it's still the same reason. The ability would be too powerful if it could move at full speed.

You can move around just fine with Vauban (and other Frames), CC-ing way more potently than Aegis Storm ever could.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

What is fine about Aegis storm to you?

The exceptional CC, hover mechanics and integration with her Balefire. I think the whole package works really well and Hildryn is a go-to frame for easy-mode completion of many mission types.

4 hours ago, yles9056 said:

But would it hurt to let her fly?

It contradicts the function of the ability so yeah it would. Aegis storm is essentially a hover mechanic. Giving her full flight directly contradicts this. 

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

integration with her Balefire

But it's not integrated. If you have your normal weapon out and use Aegis Storm, you are disarmed, and must then manually equip Balefire, which feels clunky. At the very least, Aegis Storm should automatically equip the only weapon that is allowed to work with it, not disarm you.

Just now, Xylena_Lazarow said:

But it's not integrated. If you have your normal weapon out and use Aegis Storm, you are disarmed, and must then manually equip Balefire, which feels clunky. At the very least, Aegis Storm should automatically equip the only weapon that is allowed to work with it, not disarm you.

I agree. 

Though I've never really had an issue with equipping balefire manually.

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

You can move around just fine with Vauban (and other Frames), CC-ing way more potently than Aegis Storm ever could.

And those abilities that Vauban uses? Stationary.

There is no ability, that has a combination of high base range, personal Aura, instant effect on enemies when that enemy is in range/line of sight (whether damage or CC, but for sake of argument equal to Bastille level of CC), on a drain so you don't even need to press another button, and actual mobility. None. That's why Hildryn doesn't have all of those already.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

You can toss out one every few meters, same difference.

Well, except you're moving faster and retain full weapon use and all.

21 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

There is no ability

So there is no precedence to follow, no clear-cut reason to have this drawback on Aegis Storm.

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

There is no ability, that has a combination of high base range, personal Aura, instant effect on enemies when that enemy is in range/line of sight (whether damage or CC, but for sake of argument equal to Bastille level of CC), on a drain so you don't even need to press another button, and actual mobility. None. That's why Hildryn doesn't have all of those already.

Gloom built correctly is comparable if not more effective than aegis storm. I have it subsumed on a frame that makes for exceptional cc. 

Having said that i am a big fan of aegis storm cc. It is absolutely s tier cc.