Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Case for the Void and its place in Warframe.

Alphas

Currently the Void serves basically no purpose other than to look pretty and be a place with high-level content with no meaningful rewards outside of Argon Crystals.

I think it would stand to reason that the Void should serve as the primary source for the latest and greatest Prime gear.  

The best way to handle this would be to set the newest three Prime sets (the current being Octavia, Nezha, and Inaros) and have their relics farmable specifically through the Void missions.  Higher tiers dropping the newest Prime relics.  With specific target farming this would mean the drop rates of the relics would have to be toned back a bit.

With this the Void would become an archeological site to uncover the latest and greatest Prime relics.  Once a new Prime is released then the oldest of the three gets filtered into the general loot table.  In this case Inaros would be filtered in when Gara Prime releases.

In the future this could be further iterated on with a Railjack integration with Orokin sentry fighters.

5 minutes ago, Alphas said:

I think it would stand to reason that the Void should serve as the primary source for the latest and greatest Prime gear.

We actually had before... until it was reworked for Relics.

So~, why did we get relics instead of improving on what we had before? Moaners, that's why.

24 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

We actually had before... until it was reworked for Relics.

So~, why did we get relics instead of improving on what we had before? Moaners, that's why.

We got relics because people were sick and tired of doing everything in the Void in order to get Primes.  Once Relics were introduced the Void had basically NO reason to exist.  With this change the Void would be brought back into the fold and actually have a purpose for being played.  This definitely is a move to get back to the way things were before, and if you REALLY don't like the Void, then people can just wait a year for the Prime they want to be put in the general pool lmao

Exactly.

People had to do all void mission types to get as many prime parts as possible. They didn't like that and its not because of diluted reward lists, it was simply because they couldn't do just capture missions to get whatever prime part they wanted to get, hence moaning for relics. Now, they have thousands of X different types of relics, each giving 6 different rewards in each relic (not between relics) and they can only do Capture missions for it so~, for them, life is perfect...

... Except there's an entire tileset that pretty much has no relevance whatsoever other than Argon Crystals, except when a Capture fissure mission appears there... And no, hitting Mot for whatever reason people may come up with is not giving relevance to the tileset...

... My suggestion? Vaults... Like the ones we have on non-Cambion Deimos nodes... But instead of giving more Trash Ciphers, let them get either vaulted relics, or vaulted prime parts directly.

It'd also be nice if the Void served up some good mods. When I unlocked the star map the first time, on a different platform, I remember getting to the Void and filling in a lot of gaps in my collection of utility mods.

This time around, I was excited when I started unlocking those nodes, and then got served a steady diet of duplicates endo.

Archived