Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are enemy Spawns always so low in solo disruption?

Guybrush88

I regularly play long disruption missions, especially Apollo, in public or organized squads. Pretty much never done disruption solo before.

However today I decided to do Ganymede, Jupiter since I also wanted to get Aero Agility to complete my set. It was impossible to find other players in Recruitment Chat, and pub squad left after first round, so I decided to just carry on since I didn't have an issue solo killing the Demolysts.

Once it was only me left in the mission, the enemies just started to spawn 1 or 2 at a time. Even with 55m loot radar on my companion, there was rarely ever more than 3 red triangles on my mini-map. And lower spawns basically meant super low key drops as well. On Apollo with full squad, its around 3mins per 4 conduits with a decent squad. My solo Ganymede took >5mins per conduit and most of the time I was just standing in an empty conduit room waiting for enemies to spawn.

I finally managed to get Aero Agility and thankfully will probably never have to do solo disruptions again.

However I was wondering, is such a low spawn rate normal for those who regularly do solo disruption?

11 minutes ago, Guybrush88 said:

However I was wondering, is such a low spawn rate normal for those who regularly do solo disruption?

Not in my experience, no.  The spawn rate is lower than with 4 people (when not on SP) but usually it's better than what you're describing.  What I find is that enemies tend to spawn in certain spots, however, and stream towards you.  Sometimes the geometry of the levels in Lua make it hard for them to get to you.  Also, the conduits are generally grouped in twos.  If you move from one grouping to the other, it can take some time for the enemies to figure out you've moved and make their way towards you.  Usually I try not to kill in between rounds as that seems to help with getting a key carrier to drop a key at the start of the next round.  Then, I just hope that more keys drop as I'm waiting for the first demolyst.  Sometimes the key carriers do get scarce and it can take longer to find a key when solo.

1 hour ago, Guybrush88 said:

I regularly play long disruption missions, especially Apollo, in public or organized squads. Pretty much never done disruption solo before.

However today I decided to do Ganymede, Jupiter since I also wanted to get Aero Agility to complete my set. It was impossible to find other players in Recruitment Chat, and pub squad left after first round, so I decided to just carry on since I didn't have an issue solo killing the Demolysts.

Once it was only me left in the mission, the enemies just started to spawn 1 or 2 at a time. Even with 55m loot radar on my companion, there was rarely ever more than 3 red triangles on my mini-map. And lower spawns basically meant super low key drops as well. On Apollo with full squad, its around 3mins per 4 conduits with a decent squad. My solo Ganymede took >5mins per conduit and most of the time I was just standing in an empty conduit room waiting for enemies to spawn.

I finally managed to get Aero Agility and thankfully will probably never have to do solo disruptions again.

One thing to note about radar is it only extends around 15m vertically. So the Jupiter Tilesets may not represent all of the enemy spawns accurately if you are looking at the minimap.

I don't play as much as I did a couple years ago, but yeah, solo spawns in most game modes kinda suck. SP is too much, a survival basically forces you to use serious AOE if you want to keep up, and normal game modes are sparse to the point of being boring and/or running out of LS, taking too long for objectives for it to be worth it, etc. 

DE definitely has room to improve this.

Not just disruption, but all endless missions are lower when solo. Except for Steel Path thankfully. Survivals and Excavation is miserable solo because of the pathetically low spawns.

If only all missions would get the steel path treatment when solo. Including Arbitration, SO/ESO and regular star char. 

One problem that leads to low spawns in disruption is when the conduits are spread out. The conduits spawn in pairs but the pairs are not close to each other. You can have spawns around 2 conduits but when you go to the other set of conduits there are no enemies and they wont start spawning for a while. This effects SP as well since it's just how enemy spawns work.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

There's also the issue of a limit on how many enemies can be alive at once.  This is especially problematic if the enemies get confused and can't make it to you.

There's a similar issue in excavation missions on corpus maps where carriers get stuck somewhere and there's no more spawning. So you'll have to go find them.

Archived