Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Limited online functionality for players from or near Egypt

[DE]Momaw

Starting just before Update 30, Warframe included network updates to the way the game transmits data between players and servers. These updates increase the security of our game traffic as part of our campaign to fully support Warframe on new-generation consoles.

Unfortunately, the way Internet Service Providers are configured in some parts of the world- principally Egypt, according to our data- causes interference with the secure connections Warframe requires. This may cause you to be unable to see or join multiplayer sessions, or to see other players online.

We are looking at workarounds to address this in the game client, but currently we do not have a date for when you can expect this to be fixed. Other network-related alternatives may be available to you in the meantime. We regret the frustration that this has caused some of you, but ultimately we do not control the internet, and we must do our best to work within the limitations that are set for us.

Update August 5th 2021:

As of PC Update 30.6, we've made some changes to our networking code that may relieve problems for players whose ISPs were interfering with the game's traffic. This update has already deployed for PC, console players will need to wait until their next update. If you were experiencing problems before, please try playing warframe without using VPNs or other workarounds to see if services like matchmaking and the friends list are now working.

I live in Brazil game on - xbox one s - and after update 30 I never got to enter the game is endlessly connecting my internet everything is ok nat open and all my other games are working perfectly sera that this affected Brazil too

I live in Brazil and after the last update on the xbox my game does not enter it is connecting infinitely, this problem has also affected Brazil because my internet is ok works perfectly in all my other games

Something is really messed up with player-to-player connection since the latest updates. I'm from Russia (it's not near Egypt). When I invite someone to a group (by right-clicking their name in chat and selecting "Invite" for example) I can see 4-5 group invite offers being sent to that person. And group invite lags - not being sent right after I click "invite" but a second or two later (and the game still sends multiple group invites even if I haven't done anything since inviting someone for the first time). Also after finishing any Defence mission the group breaks up no matter what.

40 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

[...][ When I invite someone to a group (by right-clicking their name in chat and selecting "Invite" for example) I can see 4-5 group invite offers being sent. [...] Also after finishing any Defence mission the group breaks up no matter what.

I've seen those two exact same things happen in the U.S at least a night or two ago. Just a very sporadic invite spam and some mission types just ending with none of the usual messages, like host is leaving or the group has disbanded. Not enough to really be annoying to me or anything, but I thought I'd mention it.

1 hour ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Something is really messed up with player-to-player connection since the latest updates. I'm from Russia (it's not near Egypt). When I invite someone to a group (by right-clicking their name in chat and selecting "Invite" for example) I can see 4-5 group invite offers being sent to that person. And group invite lags - not being sent right after I click "invite" but a second or two later (and the game still sends multiple group invites even if I haven't done anything since inviting someone for the first time). Also after finishing any Defence mission the group breaks up no matter what.

24 minutes ago, Draelocke said:

I've seen those two exact same things happen in the U.S at least a night or two ago. Just a very sporadic invite spam and some mission types just ending with none of the usual messages, like host is leaving or the group has disbanded. Not enough to really be annoying to me or anything, but I thought I'd mention it.

I've been having this issues since I move out to a rural area with bad internet. It's lag, maybe the changes on protocols are causing more latency issues.

42 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I've been having this issues since I move out to a rural area with bad internet. It's lag, maybe the changes on protocols are causing more latency issues.

That'd make sense. One of our group regulars does have spotty internet during peak hours sometimes. Usually any kind of ping warning doesn't last long enough to be noticed in mission, but it does show up. Oddly enough I noticed that less with a Swedish guy than with my friend in Texas (I'm in KY). Just one of those things.

Hopefully the developers do something about this .. now i get triggered everytime they release an update or hotfix hoping they fix the problem but in the end i see the connection remain the same . hope they fix it asap because im tired of playing solo

I have looked at individual UDP packets with Linux command terminal: tcpdump -i br0 -n udp port 4965 -X

Ignore the first 28 bytes of UDP header. The interesting part is the UDP data for 95% of all Warframe UDP packets, for current Warframe version, starts with these bytes.
17 FE FD 00 01 00

This is probably DTLS header information, a small part of UDP data not encrypted, including the version FE FD in hex, which is 254 253 in numbers. For more information, can google search: DTLS 254 253.

If I block some bytes with firewall in my Linux network NAT router, Warframe connection to all players stops working and relay goes empty.
iptables -I FORWARD -p udp -m string --algo kmp --hex-string '|17 fe fd 00|' -j DROP   (edit: 17 fe ff 00 doesn't block it)
To unblock: iptables -D FORWARD 1

I wonder if some ISP (internet service provider) or great firewall of some countries are using a firewall rules similar to mine to block some users trying to use some VPN that use similar or same DTLS connection.

Could be possible for developers to change some UDP data / DTLS header, to get the packets go past the firewall and not get it blocked.

20 minutes ago, steveborgers said:

i really love my life  , My country Egypt is literal toilet hole and now i can't even play some of the games cuz for some reason we have restrictionsGod bless ,

HAHAHA

Telecom Egypt. Worse than the infested 😅

On 2021-04-30 at 2:55 PM, steveborgers said:

i really love my life  , My country Egypt is literal toilet hole and now i can't even play some of the games cuz for some reason we have restrictionsGod bless ,

HAHAHA

Stop being toxic

On 2021-04-30 at 3:16 PM, Jonathus said:

Telecom Egypt. Worse than the infested 😅

You alright

6 hours ago, Abovenone said:

Stop being toxic

Well he is still saying the truth. I am one of the people who reported the problem and Warframe team tried helping but thanks to WE network services there is no way but using a VPN.

1 hour ago, ThouHastDisconnected said:

jogadores do egito precisam entrar em contato com o WE isp e informá-los sobre o problema com a conexão wf para que possam colocá-la na lista de permissões. quanto mais vozes, melhor. eu já fiz minha parte.

this is not right no we don’t have to phase anything to DE that it wasn’t supposed to have changed anything they fix it and if it doesn’t fix it we will abandon the game

Archived