Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Limited online functionality for players from or near Egypt

[DE]Momaw

Problem is, for 2 months so far, Egyptians can't access the game or play it online so what do you expect a player who discovered the game recently on Epic Games as an example would do?

They'd abandon the game and delete cause it's pure p2w since you can no longer get platinum from trading, you can't win the games on solo without the OP frames, and no way it's gonna be a multiplayer game without a multiplayer, so the longer this issue isn't fixed, the more players from Egypt stopping playing Warframe completely and delete it from their systems which gonna cause the Egyptian player base to grow thin to a point that fixing this issue will no longer matters since none in Egypt is play it anymore.

So unless you make this issue a priority, you gonna lose a whole country from your player base and it will be like when some specific games that banned specific countries cause they give less profit overall or known to have the majority of the hackers which in the end, resulted the game to lose a ton amount of players with time which ended up more dead in the end, so please DE, solve this problem and fast.

34 minutes ago, IbnBattutaEG said:

Problem is, for 2 months so far, Egyptians can't access the game or play it online so what do you expect a player who discovered the game recently on Epic Games as an example would do?

They'd abandon the game and delete cause it's pure p2w since you can no longer get platinum from trading, you can't win the games on solo without the OP frames, and no way it's gonna be a multiplayer game without a multiplayer, so the longer this issue isn't fixed, the more players from Egypt stopping playing Warframe completely and delete it from their systems which gonna cause the Egyptian player base to grow thin to a point that fixing this issue will no longer matters since none in Egypt is play it anymore.

So unless you make this issue a priority, you gonna lose a whole country from your player base and it will be like when some specific games that banned specific countries cause they give less profit overall or known to have the majority of the hackers which in the end, resulted the game to lose a ton amount of players with time which ended up more dead in the end, so please DE, solve this problem and fast.

Not only egypt my friend. I am from Brazil and we are experiencing some weird connection and high ping, with friend who live 2 km from you. And i guess this happening in other countries too with the exception of countries with good internet.

38 minutes ago, IbnBattutaEG said:

I live in Egypt and this problem is so annoying and they did nothing about it... I do everything by myself now i hope they give attention 

There is a workaround for it, and it is to use a free software called Cloudflare WARP. Issue is, it doubles Warframe's data usage (250mb/h) and is not a very good choice for Egyptian players considering that all internet services provide the user with limited data. So you basically have to pay more in order to upgrade your plan and play the game for longer time.

Still waiting patiently for a fix.

not only in Egypt! besides i forgot to mention this. Sometimes when i am in the hubs i can't see others profile. that "I" button is not working. Even with mobile data. I don't know if I should have said this here or not. 

I hope they really fix this problem for good that we can play like other people around the world!

Okay. now i getting the UDP ports 4950 and 4955 again with my home network and matchmaking works fine now but i can't see other players in hubs now! so what should i do for trading with others? use my mobile data which i can't use it all day long or using vpn?

beside, i couldn't update my game last night until i used my vpn. even play button was turned off for me!

As of PC Update 30.6, we've made some changes to our networking code that may relieve problems for players whose ISPs were interfering with the game's traffic. This update has already deployed for PC, console players will need to wait until their next update. If you were experiencing problems before, please try playing warframe without using VPNs or other workarounds to see if services like matchmaking and the friends list are now working.

4 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

As of PC Update 30.6, we've made some changes to our networking code that may relieve problems for players whose ISPs were interfering with the game's traffic. This update has already deployed for PC, console players will need to wait until their next update. If you were experiencing problems before, please try playing warframe without using VPNs or other workarounds to see if services like matchmaking and the friends list are now working.

Bless you guys, thanks for solving it finally! <3

6 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Hello, I am from Colombia, changed ISP at the start of the year, and sadly I still get infinite "Network not responding" on start. Will have to play with a VPN (which sucks) for now.

Archived