Suggestion of KitBows (expansion of kitguns to make more weapon varieties)

Technomagica

This idea is that in much the same way we have kitguns we could have kitbows in the gameplay. The idea would be to have three parts just as kitguns have three parts.

Limbs - would dictate the bow as primary or secondary just like the grip for kitguns. Ones with faster drawspeed would reduce the base damage and ones with slower drawspeeds would increase base damage. Also would dictate the falloff of your arrows somewhat. Would also dictate between standard bow, crossbow, automatic crossbow, and so on. This would do part of the job of the emitter from a kitgun basically as well but would not dictate the projectile.

String - would be used like the links in zaws to do such things as dictate status chance and crit chance but could possibly also contribute to crit multiplier.

Arrow/Quiver - Would act as the emitter from kitguns somewhat but not entirely as this part would only dictate the projectile that comes out whether that be a standard arrow(like from Paris or Dread), explosive arrow(like what comes from Lenz or Kuva Bramma), or some kind of trapping arrow(like what comes from Mutalist Cernos).

This is only a suggestion and could probably use some tweeking and alterations before being in a ready to implement form but I do hope DE is willing to consider this idea even if it were to come in a vastly different form.

putting aside the grind for modular weapons (which I'm personally fine with, but some will disagree):

we already have a pretty strong variety of bows, from traditional, ultra-powerful single shot Bows for stealth, to Multi-Shot Bows, to Explosive and AoE bows. I don't really know what else could be done, maybe a Poison Arrow Bow that gradually poisons an enemy over time? IDK. I feel like Kitbows would just end up being mostly mastery fodder, aside from any new AoE bows, IF they're powerful enough to compete with Bramma and Lenz. 

34 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

putting aside the grind for modular weapons (which I'm personally fine with, but some will disagree):

we already have a pretty strong variety of bows, from traditional, ultra-powerful single shot Bows for stealth, to Multi-Shot Bows, to Explosive and AoE bows. I don't really know what else could be done, maybe a Poison Arrow Bow that gradually poisons an enemy over time? IDK. I feel like Kitbows would just end up being mostly mastery fodder, aside from any new AoE bows, IF they're powerful enough to compete with Bramma and Lenz. 

I mean, but did we need kitguns either?

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

we already have a pretty strong variety of bows, from traditional, ultra-powerful single shot Bows for stealth, to Multi-Shot Bows, to Explosive and AoE bows. I don't really know what else could be done, maybe a Poison Arrow Bow that gradually poisons an enemy over time?

We had a pretty strong variety of GUNS before kitguns too

24 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

We had a pretty strong variety of GUNS before kitguns too

True, and honestly, it is kind of weird that Deimos doesn't have its own specific modular weapons, as all its doing is borrowing parts from Fortuna. I guess the Pets count for this, but then what about MOA's in Fortuna?

Giving them their own special weapon types like Bows, Snipers, Launchers, etc. could honestly be pretty fun and another reason to farm the area again. It also helps with bloating one area too full of stuff, like I imagine Cetus would be if we gave them every Melee weapon type.

As someone who adores bows. I like the fact that you are trying to think of creative ways to give us more choices. I worry about certain issues that might arise though. We sort of already have a bow of each type that fulfils each niche. We have explosive aoe bows in Bramma and Lenz, slower single target high crit vows like Daikyu, etc plus everything inbetween and crossbows. Unless the Kitgun bows can be better than these weapons in their respective niches (in which case they will become the meta, like Kitguns were for a bit) then many won't really see the point. Not that should eliminate the idea mind you, since we can make a similar accusation of Kitguns, and I mean... acquiring and testing out new weapons even if they are really similar to old ones, can in itself be fun!! 

I think, though... I'd personally prefer newer weapons take advantage of alt fire modes to carve out possible new niches. Epitaph is a really fun weapon, and can be used a few ways, As a primer, even as a primer for itself, or just as a headshot precision weapon. I like you mention one variation of a bow, being a trap type, like Proboscis Cernos, because that has been one of my fav new weapons. I think we could go even further though. Tap into some creativity. Not every weapon needs to be the meta or best weapon if it can tap into pure fun/enjoyment or create an unusual or interesting gameplay arrangement. Encourage different playstyles. 

Like I adore single shot bow weapons. I love getting headshots with them, so I often set it to solo, grab a Daikyu or Dread and do an easy Exterminate, which is fine, I know if I want to be faster, I should probably use Lenz or Bramma. So in my head, I think... well what if we had a bow, that had a large area of affect trap affect... thats really weak... as an alt fire. Then you had a single shot as the primary. Very weak, initially, but, with a headshot combo multiplier? So gameplay would be, you see large group of enemies, you alt fire, they get a small debuff and stun, you are encouraged to get head shots to build crit chance and crit damage. If you maintain pacing, the latter half of whatever challenge you are doing, Exterminate, Survival, etc your Primary Fire is a lot stronger (even if they are body shots) to reward all the headshot kills you got) - I mean, would also have to involve some decay aspect, and other types of balancing, if say, you used it against Eidolons , but I generally think, that creating interesting synergies within a weapon with its firing modes, is something that bows could benefit from. A lot of the most popular new weapons seem to tap into this as well (Epitaph, Trumna, Mausolon). 

Oh, what about a bow, that has an alt fire that sort of works like Rhinos stomp. Pops enemies into the air, at an angle, which almost makes them hard to hit, but gives them a big debuff, and yeets them ragdoll style for miles if you follow it up with primary shot. I dunno, dumb stuff like that. Ot maybe I just really like dumb gimmicks hah. 

Archived