Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the chances of getting a Hirudo Prime?

(PSN)ELTETMU

Question

18 answers to this question

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Zahnny:

Personally, if we do get Infested upgrades I think the prefix could be "Helminth" e.g. Helminth Hirudo.

Essentially the same weapon, but rather than being made with standard technocyte it's made with a different strain, improving its capabilities.

Oh yeah, maybe. I also want to add that I at least specifically said I see 0 chance for a Hirudo -Prime-. Simply because of the naming conventions DE has established. It might still be a similar (upgraded) kind of weapon as the Hirudo just with a different name that comes out.

Its possible.

Hema and Hirudo are Nidus' signature weapons.

Sure only "Tenno" weapons get primed but I'd argue that the Orokin made Nidus, so they made his weapons to go along with him. Meaning they could be primed too. Honestly lore be damned, the devs can change their minds and prime whatever they want. So yeah, there is a slim possibility that Hirudo could be primed along with Nidus.

Since Hirudo is considered a signature weapon for Nidus in all but name, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen depending on how they handle Nidus Prime. If it's closer to the Phryke skin and is like a "pre-infested" Nidus design, I could see Hirudo Prime being similarly designed and ushered in that way. I would say the chance of it is never 0, but what that chance actually is depends a lot on what they do for Nidus himself.

20 minutes ago, Proscriptor said:

PROBISCUIT RUDO confirm3d

I had to log in to say how much I loved this idea, even if it's a joke.  A proboscis stance, maybe?  Something that shoots tentacles out after a certain combo and draws in enemies, for your lower range sparring weapons.  It would be cool.

I'd be 100% for a new prefix.

it could lead to a lot of possibilities.

Or even start branching out from base classifiers.  Hirudonous.

Damp Hirudo, or Annelida and adding on unique and interesting status/reactions, etc....

I dunno, I love how Warframe let's you mix different elements and I really think they should expand on that as well.

I know the "Prime" is the "poster upgrade" but I think it needs to start getting more obscure now as well.

I mean, in Warframe a cat is not a cat, right?

I think I'm getting out of the scope of my original thought but that's a good thing.  Warframe still gets me excited!

Personally, if we do get Infested upgrades I think the prefix could be "Helminth" e.g. Helminth Hirudo.

Essentially the same weapon, but rather than being made with standard technocyte it's made with a different strain, improving its capabilities.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb _Tormex_:

Wraith, Vandal, Prime, and Mutalist are prefixes.

Cernos, lex, braton, and karak are weapons.

The way you worded it made it sound like you were saying that Cernos was one of the Infested modifiers. It is a weapon tho, not a modifier.

No, it was a joke about the fact that infested have nothing like prime, vandal or wraith weapons. Indicated by the "... well" followed by an overexaggerated "!" at the end.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)ELTETMU said:

AKA Leechy Fingers!

Personally I think it's about god damn time.  it's the first weapon that was on my wish list when I was MR1.

Pluto has almost made a full orbit around and I think it should bring with it ......... Malformed Hirudo.

Contrary to what everyone else is saying, I think there is a fair chance of it happening.

Recently with Octavia Prime, both of her signature weapons were given the prime treatment at the same time.

After Gara Prime, Nidus Prime and Harrow Prime should be next.

Hirudo and Hema are not considered Nidus's signature weapons, however if you check the Nidus Collection, both come as part of his bundle.

Nidus Prime would be the perfect excuse for DE to make some Infested Primes and with two likely candidates. Of course I could be wrong, but it's not baseless to assume it "might" happen.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I didn't... say anything to the contrary? I said multiple weapons with these two words in their name.

Wraith, Vandal, Prime, and Mutalist are prefixes.

Cernos, lex, braton, and karak are weapons.

The way you worded it made it sound like you were saying that Cernos was one of the Infested modifiers. It is a weapon tho, not a modifier.

According to DE as it stands a Hirudo Prime should have 0 chance if I'm not mistaken. Prime is only upgraded (or new, Euphona Prime, Reaper Prime) Tenno gear, Corpus have Vandal, Grineer have Wraith and- ... well, Infested have multiple weapons with Cernos or Mutalist in their name!

Archived