Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[QOL] Possible changes to syndicate standing

-Beige-

I can't be the only tired of having to change your syndicate sigil for each individual frame. it's tedious if you constantly swap frames but want to work on one syndicate in particular, on top of that some frames aren't just suited for sigil and certain sigils are still visible even with a black color and the alpha turned all the way down.

I have a few ideas.

1. Make sigils purely cosmetic, add parazons skins for each syndicate, and have the standing you get from them scale off your rank. Doesn't potentially ruin your fashion frame, just makes life easier, and we could have the added benefit of either wearing dupe/mix matched sigils on the back and front of our frames.

2. Just allow us to mass change sigils.

3. Add some type of item or slot that's not on the frame, even a mod would work, basically like idea 1.

This has been bothering me lately because I've been giving my lower MR friends items from syndicates that they aren't working towards. This has more than likely been brought up before and some people will disagree with me and say to deal with it but imo this should be an essential QOL change.

1 hour ago, BeigeAnimal said:

I can't be the only tired of having to change your syndicate sigil for each individual frame. 

You aren't the only one.  It's a change that's been requested as long as I've been playing, and probably years before that.

- DE, please decouple cosmetics (sigils) from standing gains. -

In the meantime, one workaround is to use a separate cosmetic tab for each syndicate Alliance.  If you've got the spare tabs and/or tend to use the same few frames for syndicate stuff, it helps.

Otherwise, well, we keep waiting.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

In the meantime, one workaround is to use a separate cosmetic tab for each syndicate Alliance.  If you've got the spare tabs and/or tend to use the same few frames for syndicate stuff, it helps.

I mean the main thing about that is remembering to change it. For me it's more of, "oh yeah wasn't I suppose to give my friend the Vaykor Hek" and then looking and seeing I already maxed out my daily standing and it went to Suda, and if I wanted to make sure I'm working towards Steel Meridian I'd have to go through and change the sigil on all of my 45 frames. I'm very flexible with the frames I play so I'm constantly changing to play what I find to be the most fun at that moment.

This has indeed been asked many times.

But anything that is a selection based choice, even if not tied to cosmetics, will still have the same problem (forgetting which syndicate you are currently assigned to) even if it takes away the fashion limitations.

So there needs to be some mechanism that lets us see right in the beginning (before mission starts) where we are aligned. or make it so that having alligned to one faction does not eat into the daily standing automatically.

My suggestion is to have token systems that converts affinity to medallions of equivalent nature at the end of mission. this way you cant still make the mistake of equipping the wrong syndicate , but you wont lose out on the max standing until you actively provide the tokens.

It worked very well in the drift , i do not see it being a bad thing for the rest of the syndicates.

I agree, this system is fairly outdated.

I'd like to simply select the Syndicate I want to work towards in their console.

P.S. Might want to recreate this thread in one of the feedback forums, though, then link that here. Or ask a mod to move it.

This is a change players have been requesting for years. Literal years. It is, conceptually at least, incredibly simple, and would make our cosmetic customization so much less annoying when swapping sigils in and out. There is no reason to not implement this change, and it baffles me that DE have seemingly not even acknowledged this suggestion, which has been made many times before.

I completely agree with point 1, and I think the new implementation should just be to have a button on our syndicate screens that offers us to align ourselves with a particular syndicate: no matter our sigil, no matter the frame we pick, a portion of our standing would thus always gain us standing from that syndicate, plus its ally, and lose us standing from its opposing syndicates. We should be able to do this with syndicates at the relays, but also on our orbiter console, which should also let us see which syndicate we're aligned with. Farming a different syndicate would be a simple matter of going to our console or a Relay, and pressing the button to ally with that syndicate.

I put those sigils on my back, make them small as possivle, using the blackest black and alpha on 0. If somehow its still visible, I put a syandanna and move the sigil until is no longer visible. 

Medallions can surpass the standing daily cap afaik

1 hour ago, Kontrollo said:

I agree, this system is fairly outdated.

I'd like to simply select the Syndicate I want to work towards in their console.

P.S. Might want to recreate this thread in one of the feedback forums, though, then link that here. Or ask a mod to move it.

honestly, I was looking for the feedback section but missed it somehow. This is why you don't write things at like 3 am. A mod moving this would be welcomed.

1 minute ago, BeigeAnimal said:

honestly, I was looking for the feedback section but missed it somehow. This is why you don't write things at like 3 am. A mod moving this would be welcomed.

report your original post , pick "this is fine but i want to report it" and in comments mention you would like it moved to the feedback section.

Hm well. I don't know what the best solution would be. Not sure how tokens would work with variable amounts of standing.

Another variant that wasn't mentioned: Let us pick a default and still allow us to redistribute at the end of a mission. That wouldn't make management tedious and be more convenient than the sigil system.

Archived