Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] Who is Sevagoth's operator in "Call of the tempestarii"?

WinDiMoZ

Just now, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Related question, what about warframe specters?  What's the deal with those, and could it be related?

Deadlock Protocol. It explains that Parvos was the one behind the Specter Particles, but we dont have many details on what it does exactly aside from being related to Specters.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

I still have my doubts, because Hunhow knew that Lua was hidden in the Void and the Tenno themselves were there. So Lua being the "Womb in the sky" could not have been hushed and silent unless its using the meaning of "Its outside of my senses/perception".

There's also another theory that Hunhow at the time DID think it was hushed and silent in the terms of "Natah completed the sequence and killed the Tenno" only to come to his full senses during Natah Quest and see that "Nope. It isnt."

I mean, in both cases it would apply: the Void is poisonous and alien to the Sentient, so Lua being out of Hunhow's reach would make sense for him to say that (plus our Operators being placed under a dream and Lua being pulled into the void would indeed make the Earth sky both hushed and empty). I'm also pretty sure Hunhow was aware that Natah had become brainwashed by the Orokin at that point, hence why he sent Chroma against us.

11 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Deadlock Protocol. It explains that Parvos was the one behind the Specter Particles, but we dont have many details on what it does exactly aside from being related to Specters.

I guess I forgot that.  Looking back to the wiki, their creation does go back to the Orokin era, so they could still be related in cases where we don't yet have an official answer.  For instance Inaros.

Warframe 1.0 was considered a failure, why we do not know. Did the frames do thing erratic or inconsistent we do not know. But they were independent control, we have evidence of this from several quests, back stories and lore.

Warframe 2.0 tho was a complete success with Tenno controlling the warframe actions with the Tenno in turn being controlled by the Lotus. 

We do not know what the changes were other than Tenno control, but we can classify warframes that show independent action are most likely warframe 1.0's. 

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

The quest does explain that Specter Particles basically "mimic" other things, which is really all the lore you need to understand Specters.  Specters aren't actually the original thing, but they mimic that original thing.  So a Warframe Specter is not a Warframe.

Technically, IMHO, any non-prime frame can be "operated" by Helminth or Helminth-like entities, autonomous or even hive-linked, in older pre-Tenno versions on a very basic level to an extent of executing their powers without any actual purpose similar to specters. This mode might have been built into older pre-Tenno models to enable basic functions and preset goals aka junction specters. This design did show eventual lack of control according to Ballas. IDK what is the deal for necramechs, maybe some primitive cephalon interface.

Id like to think that warframes may be very minority sentient , In the sense that they can follow basic orders. For sevagoth, even though the operator died, the frame, and shadow, could follow the order to find the lost body. Chromas final order could be just “Survive”, while our frame, in the moments before stalker tried to open a rift in our midsection, simply had the command to “Protect”. 

Idk if it makes sense when written down now but it sounded ok in my head so oh well

Not all Warframes feature Tenno. As far as I know there's nothing to indicate that Garuda or Protea had an Operator. Remember that Transference is something that normal people can do ala the Silver Grove. Stalker refers to itself as a "low guardian." It's possible that Orokin retainers, relatively normal people, had their consciousness placed into Warframes. There's even some implication that Sentients can use Warframes in The New Strange.

19 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

We do, quite a lot actually. Specter particles are the seedbed for specter creation, but it's the Tenno(or the one creating them) that shares a part of their shadow essence to infuse them with sentience. Shadow essence meaning the Tenno's other side we have yet to officially be introduced to in game. Unless you want to count wally.

As for the OP, warframes are capable of sentience, but they can't act independently without any source of energy, be it void or otherwise, umbra notwithstanding. The second dream makes that clear. It's not hard to imagine how a tenno-less warframe floating for generations in the void could have absorbed enough void energy to act on its own. I don't think it was a tenno-less warframe though.

Here's what I think, so don't take it as gospel, yet anyway. This whole quest was a giant tease for the big reveal that will happen in Duviri. There's been other teases over the years in quests, but this one is quite blatant and direct IMO. The Tenno that inhabited sevagoth at the time the tempestarii got lost did so because he was looking for his shadow. The Tenno's shadow, his void twin, his man in the wall, that is, not the warframe's. The Tenno never found his shadow and ended up in an escape capsule, taking Sevagoth with him. How, why? No idea. This is the smoking gun though: An operatorless warframe doesn't put itself in a lifepod. Or is able to speak, much less know vosphene, something you've only ever seen the Orokin and Tenno use.

Whether Sevagoth's shadow has any dealings with the Tenno's shadow I don't know. The Tenno might have been long gone, and we usually don't encounter other Tenno in narrative content in the game anyway. So it might have been a remnant of the former Tenno having imparted their desire to rescue his shadow onto Sevagoth. It all sounds a bit too convoluted for my tastes tho, so I won't confidently state being sure about that part of the quest.

To be more confident I'd have to think about whether or not Sevagoth had a shadow before he got lost in the void. The frame itself. You'd think so, since a primed version would necessarily need to have the same abilities. But we still have revenant, so...

Archived