Did hit registration for punch rough attacks change?

(PSN)de_sch0sch

Question

I've been struggling lately with necramechs in iso vaults and certain bosses that can only be damaged in certain areas when using exalted blade.

I stopped shortly after Deimos release and had no issues fighting necramechs with EB back then.

Now it seems that if EB hits another part first the damage does not register even if it hits the weak spot after that. This also applies for the legs of the Jackal or the back of Lech Krill.

Along with that, do you have any adivce on hunting necramechs solo? I had okayish results with a slow Nova in 1 on 1 situations, but started struggling with fighting multiple mechs at once. Is there any weapon/frame (combination) able to get rid of them quick? I use slow Nova with Rubico Prime, moded for radiation for the mechs.

7 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, (PSN)de_sch0sch said:

I've read a few post suggesting the use of Vodirig for iso runs ... having to farm iso vaults to get a mech in the first place removes that option.

Suggesting the use of Fulmin/Catchmoon and saying punch through no longer working is kinda contradicting. So back to square 1 again ... So I have to hit the weak points directly while one of them is on its back and he is constantly facing me and raming into me, yeeting me away. Sounds PITA to me.

Another idea I came across was using Lokis decoy + banish, does this still work or was it "fixed" as Octavias Mallet was?

I believe the damage source has to deal damage directly for it to be considered valid. The cheese methods are mostly all fixed. I honestly dont know if any remain.

But it is pretty easy to take out the mechs with high power weapons. High damage high crit should work fairly well. 

Voidrigs ultimate is one of the highest damage sources in the game and pretty much wrecks everything that receives damage from it.

It should be noted that sevagoths gloom slows the mechs. You can make killing them much easier if you get them slowed.

Invis strats work well too.

Edited by Leqesai

There was a change to the Necramechs after release to make them immune to some abilities like Octavia's Mallet and Revenant's Dance Macabre. Perhaps other things that could too easily beat them were altered as well. I'm not sure, but this could very well be exalted weapons.

Fighting Necramechs is best done with a Necramech not kidding. Other than that you'll have to pick up a weapon that deals a good chunk of radiation damage. Think Eidolon. So the Rubico would be good. If it's not your thing, then the Fulmin could be good. Or maybe the Catchmoon or the Tombfinger.

Any frame can be made to work to fight them. Not sure about exalted weapons though.

Punchthrough no longer works to damage the mech weak points. You have to hit the weak point directly (provided the damage source is valid against the mechs).

Edited by Leqesai

vor 10 Minuten schrieb RazerXPrime:

There was a change to the Necramechs after release to make them immune to some abilities like Octavia's Mallet and Revenant's Dance Macabre. Perhaps other things that could too easily beat them were altered as well. I'm not sure, but this could very well be exalted weapons.

Fighting Necramechs is best done with a Necramech not kidding. Other than that you'll have to pick up a weapon that deals a good chunk of radiation damage. Think Eidolon. So the Rubico would be good. If it's not your thing, then the Fulmin could be good. Or maybe the Catchmoon or the Tombfinger.

Any frame can be made to work to fight them. Not sure about exalted weapons though.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Leqesai:

Punchthrough no longer works to damage the mech weak points. You have to hit the weak point directly (provided the damage source is valid against the mechs).

I've read a few post suggesting the use of Vodirig for iso runs ... having to farm iso vaults to get a mech in the first place removes that option.

Suggesting the use of Fulmin/Catchmoon and saying punch through no longer working is kinda contradicting. So back to square 1 again ... So I have to hit the weak points directly while one of them is on its back and he is constantly facing me and raming into me, yeeting me away. Sounds PITA to me.

Another idea I came across was using Lokis decoy + banish, does this still work or was it "fixed" as Octavias Mallet was?

Just now, (PSN)de_sch0sch said:

The fact that punch through doesn't work doesn't mean you cannot hit them with these weapons. I mentioned them because of the big damage numbers ;)