Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did anyone try out Gloom with Valkyr?

JackHargreav

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Apoleon_amarr said:

Clearly not as effective as eclipse, you can kill a juggernaut behemoth lvl 160 with one slide attack

Isn't Gloom more defensive ability (slowness + healing)?

As for OP, I don't see why you need Gloom on her. Her 4th would heal you and you become immortal (almost the same as high value Slowness). It has some "slowness" ability but maybe you want to change this one. Still if you want to run 4th & Gloom you may need a lot of energy. Gloom is pretty "ok" for energy but 2 abilities might not work.

ps. I haven't yet subsumed Sevagoth. Unless someone gift it to me I'm not sure when I'm gonna subsume it. So this are just "thoughts". Take it with grain of salt.

24 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

Something I noticed with glom is that with the increased slow it reduces damage, at least that is what I saw on lichs.

It does, its a bit of a waste in frames with high range that need damage to keep energy up. Enemies will hit you less so its less energy gain which can result in the drain being higher than the recovery.

Like my Nidus build, its pure Range and Strength and it just cant keep up unless I lower the range, but then it becomes detrimental to all other powers.

Have not tried as I don't see the benefit over a high efficiency Fire Blast caster build (Permanent armor strip + CO primer for Hysteria).

I did put Gloom in Umbra though, and it has made wonders for his survivability. I can't die unless I get one-shot.

37 minutes ago, quxier said:

Isn't Gloom more defensive ability (slowness + healing)?

As for OP, I don't see why you need Gloom on her. Her 4th would heal you and you become immortal (almost the same as high value Slowness). It has some "slowness" ability but maybe you want to change this one. Still if you want to run 4th & Gloom you may need a lot of energy. Gloom is pretty "ok" for energy but 2 abilities might not work.

ps. I haven't yet subsumed Sevagoth. Unless someone gift it to me I'm not sure when I'm gonna subsume it. So this are just "thoughts". Take it with grain of salt.

Well I thought since it heals the frame an enetral warcry Valkyr might benefit more from Gloom.

My melee weapons can already shred enemies so I don't see the point of using Hysteria. But Life steal just takes up a slot and it's kinda not great for a frame that constantly gets hit.

So the idea is giving Valkyr more defense cc and Heal. But it might sound nice on paper while in practice it might be useless.

6 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Well I thought since it heals the frame an enetral warcry Valkyr might benefit more from Gloom.

My melee weapons can already shred enemies so I don't see the point of using Hysteria. But Life steal just takes up a slot

TBH, this reads a bit weird to me.

You want healing, on a Frame that already gets healing for free (as in no Mods needed) on their ability weapon,
but you choose to not use that ability and instead slap a whole other ability onto the Frame to heal it.

*shrug*

BTW, as for slowing down enemies, you could try Creeping Terrify, that one (stacks with Warcry and)
doesn't even need a whole lot of Strength for a massive slowdown (and further CC) effect.

1 hour ago, ReddyDisco said:

I did but its like strapping a turtle shell on a turtle, no point in reducing damage when she doesn't take damage much in the first place.

Breach surge Valkyr is still my No1

Breach Surge? Interesting. How does this build work? What's the combo?

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

TBH, this reads a bit weird to me.

You want healing, on a Frame that already gets healing for free (as in no Mods needed) on their ability weapon,
but you choose to not use that ability and instead slap a whole other ability onto the Frame to heal it.

*shrug*

BTW, as for slowing down enemies, you could try Creeping Terrify, that one (stacks with Warcry and)
doesn't even need a whole lot of Strength for a massive slowdown (and further CC) effect.

I find her 4th not worth it. If it was stronger I would use it but in it's current state, no. It's really crappy without it's augment mod. 

So yeah basically I thought it might be a better option as it slow down enemies better than warcry while giving me healing. So I don't have to jump in and out of Hysteria just to heal.

Archived