Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think of Sevagoth?

PaturikuD13th

Sevagoth has a lot of flair, which is great for fashion frame. I wish Reap flowed a tad bit better, Sow could really use some more visibility just so I can tell who I've hit (just thought about it and that might be on me since I turned down effects to be able to do void storms, will check later). Gloom is fantastic, decent range makes guns able to heal efficiently which is a plus. His Ult is pretty fun, the way you pile enemies up and wreak havoc on a dog pile of fodder is very satisfying. I just wish his shadow was faster. Overall I really enjoy him.

He's fun once he gets powered up. Unfortunately he has the Grendel problem, of hoping your allies don't kill everything first. His 1 is slow, with a long casting time, and 90% of the time I'm just wasting energy by trying to cast it. His 2 has the same long cast, and it's even shorter range

Unless I'm solo with an unarmed Sentinel, I can't rely on the chance to get my powers off

At least his 3 is a decent aura debuff, keep the ankle biters off of you

1 hour ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I don't vibe with how he plays at all. He just doesn't click with me. I think it's pretty objective to say that Gloom alone makes him already at least "above neutral" though.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

As you said Gloom is pretty nice but this kit is just.. meh.

And it has other problems.

Sevagoth:

- 1st is useless without 2nd

- 2nd is just "mark enemies, if killed fill Death well"... boring; cannot recast unless there are no enemies affected

- 3rd require some strength but it's good. It's slows & heal. Energy consumption is ok (compared to what it does!) - it's manageable... unless you want freeze "whole POE"

-4th changing requires almost full Death well; when you go to Operator you may lose your Shadow form

Shadow:

- melee attacks are almost not visible or attacks are to fast

- small energy, cannot go to Operator if you are below certain level

- 1st is "better" pull - it doesn't move enemies across room, it slow them down... as fair I remember

- 2st heals you but it's so bad to use that... I don't want to use it

- 3rd does nothing unless you are fighting "Stalker's friends" (that's what someone said)

When you die you have a chance to revive yourself (for free) but:

- it uses Shadow's "heal move" - so it's not funny to play

- it requires you to hit or kill 5 enemies within short amount of time - no enough enemies... makes it impossible to revive

But power wise? I've seen someone using it on steel path so... it should be good enough.

Seems to be a case of style over function, but not to an egregious degree.

I honestly can't pin down his niche, he just seems like a cool frame that also has the minimum standards to be relatively effective in most situations but no major stand-out features.

2 hours ago, PaturikuD13th said:

So after getting sevagoth, what are your thoughts about him? I just want to know your opinion about him guys. Is he good, neutral or bad?

To be honest, i wish they kept more of the original liger fan concept in some way. I perfer the orginal design of the shadow and liked the purposed reap alot more than current version. The blackhole thing had some nifty ideas that were unfortunatly used already. His concept art for the abilities had me really excited.

2 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I just wish his shadow was faster.

His shadow is faster than the average warframe, with the one caveat being that it doesn't benefit from Amalgam Serration. Otherwise it's just the camera angle throwing you off.

2 hours ago, PaturikuD13th said:

So after getting sevagoth, what are your thoughts about him? I just want to know your opinion about him guys. Is he good, neutral or bad?

So, Ive been trying out sevagoth a lot. 

My current build has 6 forma, 2 in the main frame(1 being an aura), 0 in shadow and 4 in the claws. Ive Also subsumed out reap for empower in my main config. 

Formagoth as my friend has nicknamed him has a weird playstyle. At the basic level you can break down frames into 2 groups. Those that use abilities to kill, and those that use weapons to kill.
Ability users often have low cost spammable abilities (mag,ember,saryn, exalted weapons) or abilities with damage scaling (xaku, vauban, grendel, also saryn). Gun users have abilities that buff weapon damage or let it apply bonus affects (rhino, chroma, Gauss, wisp).

Base form Sevagoth doesnt fit in either of these groups, as their abilities dont deal much damage (the 2+1 combo only deals 25% current hp apparently, and only as blast damage. That means not only does the damage lower as the targets hp lowers, but its either neutral or at a negative modifier against anything not machinery, infested ancient or from deimos). 
 I almost wish this ability did true damage on the explosion as well, because then the %current hp damage would be justified so you cant just kill every enemy in 5 ability casts (2+1(4x)). 
That means that not only does sevagoths abilities not really do damage, but since the base form has no major damage buffing ability for guns (the damage vulnerability is ok, but it cant stack and wont reasonably be above 100%) that means sevagoth is required to get kills but not really given the tools to do so past star chart level. I subsumed empower so that I only needed 225% strength but can still hit 275% for the gloom slow cap. Oh, gloom is a great ability, no complaints there. 

That changes once you finally do activate shadow form. I appreciate the bloodwell only requiring 75% completion to active the shadow, because man is the shadow good. Perhaps my 2(maybe 3) grips with it are that the second ability feels too floaty, if it felt more rigid like atlas landslide it’d be great, the claws feel like their animations dont visually show hit detection like they should, and that the model feels slower then normal, even though it has 1.1 base sprint. This last effect is probably due to it having a further away camera since the shadow model is massive. 
The good? The first shadow ability is a up to 50 meter pull that clumps enemies and ragdolls them at just the right speed for a blender, the third ability is a reliable damage buffer for the claws that may or may not stack, still testing. The claws themselves hit hard, always proc status, usually slash, and feel good to use, when using the block combos. The non-block combos are the ones with weird hit detection IMO. 

The passive would appreciate also not being floaty, but its a free revive as long as you can hit 5 enemies so its quite strong tbh. 

All in all formagoth isnt bad. He is a good frame, maybe mid B tier, who needs a bit of level to be up with the greats of warframe, but not on Old defy wukong levels of bad. Takes a lot of literal investment but a bit of time investment too, but is all in all fun. Especially when you’re playing with friends and one says “Yo what da fuk is “Za Wardo” doing here” 

I like him, wouldn't replace Nekros (being my warframe with the most play time), but I would say he's kinda in the "why bother when this warframe exist."

I do like that his 1 does a damage vulnerability debuff and not just your normal armor or shield stripping.

We have frames that can use exalted weapons right off the gate but for Sevagoth you have to build up to it, so this "new" gameplay mechanic is probably what's driving people away.

Am I still gonna play him? Probably, his shadow is very pleasing to use.

I dunno, I like Sevagoth? I'm able to mod him, different from every other Warframe in my arsenal. Like zero survivability mods on Sevagoth (except bleedout reduction), they all go to his Shadow. Sevagoth has cracked out strength, ignoring range, with a duration boost I think? Shadow has cracked out range, penalizing strength. Low on deathwell? Cast Shadows 1 to group enemies, 4 to become Sevagoth, 2 and/or 1, then back to 4 to become Shadow again. Or Shadow 3, then 4 to become Sevagoth, and let allies kill enemies to fill Deathwell. 

I dunno, I like Sevagoths 1. Can cast it then I'll forget about it for 10 seconds and go capping enemies and Shadow will follow where I aim. Kinda wish Shadow was faster tho

Nvm, just checked, I also have Umbral Vitality on Sevagoth, so not completely ignoring survivability 

1 hour ago, ebrl said:

His shadow is faster than the average warframe, with the one caveat being that it doesn't benefit from Amalgam Serration. Otherwise it's just the camera angle throwing you off.

If the camera angle gives the impression that the Shadow could still stand to be faster, then even if the Shadow is objectively faster, it's still not going to feel that way. Players are still going to feel like the Shadow is too slow for that reason, and no amount of telling them how it's actually an illusion, how stupid they are for believing otherwise, and so on, is going to change that. Might as well make the Shadow even faster, if that's what brings it at a speed most players find adequate.

As for my own opinions on Sevagoth, the theme and aesthetic are good, but I don't really like his implementation. Gloom may certainly be a powerful ability, but the rest of the kit feels a bit too floaty, and with Sevagoth's base 3 being the main attraction, it sometimes doesn't even feel worth activating his 4. There is much more that could be done to refine him, in my opinion.

I wasn't impressed with his kit and he has an exalted melee that can't equip BR/WW with a base 1.5m range. That's a hard pass from me. 

About the only thing going for him is Gloom is a decent subsume ability for a few frames. Epitaph is a cool as hell utility primer. I'll get way more use out of that than I will the frame it was released with.

7 hours ago, PaturikuD13th said:

Is he good, neutral or bad?

Mixed bag. Decent idea with flawed execution. He's sort of effective but very clunky to play and get going. Most people will Mastery him and go back to other more flowing space ninja Frames.

Even in his janky state he obsoletes Nidus and Inaros combined, which is pretty funny considering Nidus obsoleted Inaros as soon as he appeared.

1 his one crushes single targets provided you know how to use it actively, his two is complementary but should be replaced with spectrorage as soon as you get him, his three is basically a healing version of Nova's Ult and his ult is mechanically heehaw batS#&$ strong aside from phase change bosses and flying enemies.

2. He's a complete #*!%ing trainwreck of usability, esp his shadow. The camera angle is open faced hot melty garbage and whomever implemented it should be fired. Not even kidding. The reticle to attack modality meant to make this camera bullS#&$ "useful" also doesn't work worth a #*!%. 

The only postitive from this is it shows openly and without question how WF's level design greeble is actively and continually hurting playability directly. You run into everything, you get stuck on everything, you fly over things you should be contacting and liberally fly into corners and off of playspaces with complete regularity and impunity, and you literally have to force the "camera" down every time to actively attack anything with his regen/3.

Garbage.

Luckily his kit is strong as hell so even with glaring junk playability he's still effectively immortal til SP 400 or so, provided you have 13 forma and rare mods.

Archived