Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dakku - Warframe Idea

The_Wolf_Studios

Precursor:

Yep! It's me again! Back at it with more ideas. I didn't stop with ideas, I just haven't been posting them; However, I have an idea I came up with that turned out so good of a concept that I would like to share it.

1619764357.thewolfstudios_wolf_s_sentien

Dakku: My idea for a sentient frame.

Dakku is a genderless construct made from the study and recreation of sentient technology with Warframe transference capabilities.

Dakku is a frame with a high amount of health, but no shields and low armor.
Dakku’s passive is a passive form of adaptation which would stack either multiplicatively with Adaptation (or Additively if DE wants to be extra nice)

Dakku’s first ability is Glare; a thin laser fired from it’s head which pierces enemies with a highly damaging beam of Tau energy.

Augment - Disarming Gaze:
Enemies hit with Dakku’s glare becomes disarmed.

Dakku’s second ability is Call; Dakku lets out a piercing wave of sonic sentient energy, dealing 1% of an enemy’s maximum health per wave at one wave per second. This ability is a channeled ability, but Dakku can not perform actions while it is active.

Two possible augment ideas
Augment - Pilfering Call:
Enemies hit by the call will have double loot drops if they die within 10 seconds of affected by it.

Augment - Rending Screech:
Enemies will also loose 1% of their armor with each hit.

Dakku’s third ability is Seek; Dakku releases a burst of Tau energy that forms into many small missiles that seek out nearby enemy to crash into. Enemies hit by seekers take increased damage for a short time.

Augment - Piercing Energy:
Seekers can pierce enemies multiple times depending on the strength of the ability. +1 punch through at base 100% strength.

Dakku’s fourth ability is Exterminate; Dakkus transforms into a floating ballista which fires a powerful beam of tau energy that punches through enemies and ignites them. The beam is a channeled ability which Dakku can not perform other actions during, but can move at 50% speed and cast it’s other abilities. Using Dakku’s first while in this form fires out a massive heavy hitting beam that will ignore shields and armor. (Note: the way it is shown in the picture isn't 100% in line with how I imagined it, but it is close enough to get the idea across.)

Augment - Congruent Synergy:
Enemies killed by the beam will send out seekers to other enemies. While using the ability, casting other abilities takes half as much energy.

Acquisition:
Blueprints for Dakku’s parts can be found by killing or scanning (Scanning will have higher drop chances) sentients of all kinds. The main blueprint for Dakku can be acquired via the Market for credits.

Extra Notes:

Dakku’s Subsumable ability is his third, Seek. If that on it’s own is too powerful for a subsumed ability, it can also be made to fire less Seekers or do less damage.

Dakku while being potent on it’s own can also be quite a team player, vastly benefitting from frames that can support it by providing damage buffs or providing health. Dakku could even become a potential frame for Eidolon hunting due to his innate Adaptation and high damage potential. Dakku would be the only frame or gear in general that can actually do Tau damage.

I had some other possible ideas for the frame like adding the ability to mod it's exalted form with melee mods, but as it is right now it would rely more so on synergizing with the rest of the kit while not particularly relying on it which would also allow for different abilities to be replaced with out problem.

Post Statement:
My image keeps unloading for what ever reason so I'm also post a link to where I have it posted just in case.

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/41678832/

7 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

We already have a frame with a sentient theme. It’s Revenant. He just needs abilities that actually reflect that.

Oh, trust me, I am aware.

I left out my original part where I commented on how I didn't like Revenant because I felt like DE already had enough of an Ear-full. lol

it is why I say "My idea for" too. lol
Gotta be subtle, ya know? lol

vor 12 Stunden schrieb The_Wolf_Studios:

Dakku’s first ability is Glare; a thin laser fired from it’s head which pierces enemies with a highly damaging beam of Tau energy.

Augment - Disarming Gaze:
Enemies hit with Dakku’s glare becomes disarmed.

The normal version is like shuriken. It deals high damage, but is useless. Add the augment to the normal ability. (remeber. Augments were made change an ability (like zephyrs tornado and not to improve them.)

Dakku’s second ability is Call; Dakku lets out a piercing wave of sonic sentient energy, dealing 1% of an enemy’s maximum health per wave at one wave per second. This ability is a channeled ability, but Dakku can not perform actions while it is active.

Two possible augment ideas
Augment - Pilfering Call:
Enemies hit by the call will have double loot drops if they die within 10 seconds of affected by it.

Augment - Rending Screech:
Enemies will also loose 1% of their armor with each hit.

sorry, but 1%/s is never useful, especially of the player can't do anything other in that time. It's actually just banshee last ability but worse, because it can't kill low level enemies. Augments sounds interesting.

Dakku’s third ability is Seek; Dakku releases a burst of Tau energy that forms into many small missiles that seek out nearby enemy to crash into. Enemies hit by seekers take increased damage for a short time.

Augment - Piercing Energy:
Seekers can pierce enemies multiple times depending on the strength of the ability. +1 punch through at base 100% strength.

I like it. It's useful in low level for killing enemies and (didn't see that the rockets don't deal any damage) in higher level area it works as a damage multipler which is always good.

The augments sounds also good.

Dakku’s fourth ability is Exterminate; Dakkus transforms into a floating ballista which fires a powerful beam of tau energy that punches through enemies and ignites them. The beam is a channeled ability which Dakku can not perform other actions during, but can move at 50% speed and cast it’s other abilities. Using Dakku’s first while in this form fires out a massive heavy hitting beam that will ignore shields and armor. (Note: the way it is shown in the picture isn't 100% in line with how I imagined it, but it is close enough to get the idea across.)

Augment - Congruent Synergy:
Enemies killed by the beam will send out seekers to other enemies. While using the ability, casting other abilities takes half as much energy.

The name "exterminate" is more fitting for an assasin, headhunter, ninja themed character. Ballistica would be more fitting.

The ability seems to be a copy of wisp fourth ability. The isn't anything which makes it unique. (or I just over read it)

Dakku is a genderless construct made from the study and recreation of sentient technology with Warframe transference capabilities.

Dakku is a frame with a high amount of health, but no shields and low armor.
Dakku’s passive is a passive form of adaptation which would stack either multiplicatively with Adaptation (or Additively if DE wants to be extra nice)

With other words a second inaros? Nah, change some abilities and play with his stats a bit more. (like that dakku gets overshield, when he does x or y)

In sum: 2/10 points. His third ability is quite good, but the rest is boring, kinda useless and not special. 

btw. Try it next time here:https://forums.warframe.com/forum/89-fan-concepts/ It's a special place for concept and the others are in the most times nicer than me.

15 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

The normal version is like shuriken. It deals high damage, but is useless. Add the augment to the normal ability. (remeber. Augments were made change an ability (like zephyrs tornado and not to improve them.)

sorry, but 1%/s is never useful, especially of the player can't do anything other in that time. It's actually just banshee last ability but worse, because it can't kill low level enemies. Augments sounds interesting.

I like it. It's useful in low level for killing enemies and (didn't see that the rockets don't deal any damage) in higher level area it works as a damage multipler which is always good.

The name "exterminate" is more fitting for an assasin, headhunter, ninja themed character. Ballistica would be more fitting.

The ability seems to be a copy of wisp fourth ability. The isn't anything which makes it unique. (or I just over read it)

With other words a second inaros? Nah, change some abilities and play with his stats a bit more. (like that dakku gets overshield time, when he does x or y)

In sum: 2/10 points. His third ability is quite good, but the rest is boring, kinda useless and not special. 

btw. Try it next time here:https://forums.warframe.com/forum/89-fan-concepts/ It's a special place for concept and the others are in the most times nicer than me.

For the first ability, it's kind of just it's main Fire-off ability. Something cheap to throw out damage through a group of enemies (Because it will hit through enemies with high puncture.)

For the second ability, It's designed to be a wide AOE attack that is meant to slowly deal with every enemy in the area slowly but it would also take care of the enemies all at the same rate. Of course power strength would effect it and I had the idea for giving higher efficiency making it tick more often, but possibly making the damage double every tick up to 50% max health per tick would be notably useful.

For the third ability, It will deal a fair amount of damage to stand on it's own as a weaker enemy crowd clear. Also, that is also why I chose it as the subsumed ability.

For the fourth, I actually was gonna call it something along that lines, but I wanted to call it a verb to be in line with the rest and also cause it felt more robotic and sentient to call it that. Likewise, It is supposed to be a trade off by slowing you down more to make the ability have insane punch-through. Likewise, it wouldn't act like Wisps where it is constantly active while working, As well as that, the ability is supposed to work congruently with the other abilities to release all the energy at once. EDIT: I realized that I am actually not really making it clear of what I mean out of this ability, but I mean that it has an ammo pool that regenerates while active like an archgun. Plus while the form is active I had this idea that it increases the effects of other abilities.

As for the health side of things, not really like Inaros. While being tanky, it won't have natural ways of restoring itself outside of possibly making it so picking up sentient orbs and what not restores health. The idea for making it like this came from the fact that Sentients that this frame is themed around (Aka, The Battalysts) do not use shields or armor, but rather high amount of resistances.

Also, I will keep that in mind! Likewise, thanks for the Feedback too. I would be happy to hear your further thoughts.

6 minutes ago, Guybrush88 said:

The name sounds too similar to Xaku

Yeah, the name is a bit of a WIP cause I did look it up after cause I worried it would be taken already and I found that there is a streamer named very similar.
But, I mean, there has been some frames that have similar names

IE, Hydroid and Hildryn

20 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

With other words a second inaros? Nah, change some abilities and play with his stats a bit more. (like that dakku gets overshield time, when he does x or y)

WAIT, I GOT IT
What if the sentient frame's abilities will passively give near by allies shield and over shields? foregoing your own shields to provide nearby allies with shields and using adaptive technology in order to become highly tanky and resistant.

On 2021-04-30 at 6:47 AM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

We already have a frame with a sentient theme. It’s Revenant. He just needs abilities that actually reflect that.

Technically, Revenant is Eidolon-themed, not Sentient-themed. The distinction may be a little lost on you, but they're two different types of enemy with distinct capabilities.

On 2021-04-30 at 2:04 PM, The_Wolf_Studios said:

Oh, trust me, I am aware.

I left out my original part where I commented on how I didn't like Revenant because I felt like DE already had enough of an Ear-full. lol

Again, Revenant is NOT a sentient-themed warframe. He's eidolon-themed. Sentients and eidolons may be similar, but they're NOT the same.

14 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Again, Revenant is NOT a sentient-themed warframe. He's eidolon-themed. Sentients and eidolons may be similar, but they're NOT the same.

why even bother defending theme uniqueness if that´s not a standard DE uphold. We have vauban/ protean and hydroid/ hidroid with tits. There is no longer a standard of theme uniqueness  to uphold yourself to. 

2 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Eidolons are just undead sentient. They also use their surroundings to try and rebuild themselves. And it’s obvious from Revenants design that he was massively altered by the Eidolons trying to assimilate him, so it’s only reasonable that his powers would completely different from the frame he started as. And not a much of abilities that have absolutely nothing to do with the Eidolon sentient.

9 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

I mean, I am aware he is Eidolon themed

But technically they are the same, to a degree. Eidolons are just at type of sentient. Why so many people call him a sentient frames is cause that is what he was advertised to be. 

9 hours ago, keikogi said:

why even bother defending theme uniqueness if that´s not a standard DE uphold. We have vauban/ protean and hydroid/ hidroid with tits. There is no longer a standard of theme uniqueness  to uphold yourself to. 

I mean, Hildryn is more like Vauban than Hydroid

Vauban, Protea, and Hildyrn all kinda have the same general high-tech groove going on, but each frame does have their style
Vauban's gadgets are generally more CC related while Protea's kit is based around damage dealing and Hildryn's is around Big Shield Energy.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Eidolons are just undead sentient. They also use their surroundings to try and rebuild themselves. And it’s obvious from Revenants design that he was massively altered by the Eidolons trying to assimilate him, so it’s only reasonable that his powers would completely different from the frame he started as. And not a much of abilities that have absolutely nothing to do with the Eidolon sentient.

Describing Eidolons as Undead Sentients is by far the best and most fitting description of them. lol

Archived